787 5 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello. I have teleprompter and i can’t use lidar autofocus trough glass. My question is what usb c cable can i use for lidar to extend it outside of glass. I tried many but lidar not working. Thanks
2023-2-8
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

I agree, we could use the option for a long LiDAR cable.

I'd also like a long monitor cable. The Tilta ones have bad color and a fuzzy/glitchy picture.
2023-2-9
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

Ford4D Posted at 2-9 11:03
I agree, we could use the option for a long LiDAR cable.

I'd also like a long monitor cable. The Tilta ones have bad color and a fuzzy/glitchy picture.

for monitor extension cable good idia.  but dji and tilta don't offer such an opportunity.
2023-2-20
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

USB-C refers to the form factor of the 24-pin connection. Every adopter is free to wire it pretty much as they please, which is why some only charge your device, some only carry data and some both. Thunderbolt is a good example of a proprietary technology which uses USB-C connections. I don't know how many of the available pins DJI's LiDAR uses and how they are configured but what I'm saying is you're unlikely to just happen across an unrelated USB-C cable that happens to transport all the information you need. Maybe you could get one custom made but I'm not convinced the LiDAR would do its job effectively unless you are able to juxtapose it to the sensor plane exactly as DJI intended.

I know there are some small teleprompters out there intended for cellphones. Whether you could adapt one of these to fit the lens you are using while not obstructing the LiDAR sensor in its default location obviously depends on your specific scenario but DJI's response to questions about the availability of LiDAR extension brackets etc. have always been quick to point out the the LiDAR sensor's relationship to the camera sensor is non-negotiable. Theirs may be a standard "We don't recommend it because we don't know" answer but I have a teleprompter and can't see any way my 4D used as intended (i.e. off a tripod) would be the camera I would be able to attach it to.
2023-2-20
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

TooDeep Posted at 2-20 03:01
USB-C refers to the form factor of the 24-pin connection. Every adopter is free to wire it pretty much as they please, which is why some only charge your device, some only carry data and some both. Thunderbolt is a good example of a proprietary technology which uses USB-C connections. I don't know how many of the available pins DJI's LiDAR uses and how they are configured but what I'm saying is you're unlikely to just happen across an unrelated USB-C cable that happens to transport all the information you need. Maybe you could get one custom made but I'm not convinced the LiDAR would do its job effectively unless you are able to juxtapose it to the sensor plane exactly as DJI intended.

I know there are some small teleprompters out there intended for cellphones. Whether you could adapt one of these to fit the lens you are using while not obstructing the LiDAR sensor in its default location obviously depends on your specific scenario but DJI's response to questions about the availability of LiDAR extension brackets etc. have always been quick to point out the the LiDAR sensor's relationship to the camera sensor is non-negotiable. Theirs may be a standard "We don't recommend it because we don't know" answer but I have a teleprompter and can't see any way my 4D used as intended (i.e. off a tripod) would be the camera I would be able to attach it to.

I was wondering that all ucb c cable not working with lidar. I use teleprompter small on lines. But lidar works bad with that. With big teleprompter through glass lidar not working .  
2023-2-20
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

TooDeep Posted at 2-20 03:01

I was wondering that all ucb c cable not working with lidar. I use teleprompter small on lines. But lidar works bad with that. With big teleprompter through glass lidar not working .  
2023-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules