Gimbal Overloaded Error Message
1454 12 2015-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aarongreenman
New

France

On start up, after removing my gimbal securer, I am still getting a warning message about the gimbal being "overloaded"..... otherwise it appears to be moving fine when controlled by the remote DJI App.

Any recommendations about how I can correct this warning?

Thank you,

ACG
2015-8-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What app/firmware/mobile platform versions are you running?
2015-8-19
Use props
aarongreenman
New

France

DJI Go App and whatever firmware came installed on the remote and camera - I cannot yet upgrade as i don't have a micro-SD card reader.

Any help you could provide would be really helpful, thanks.
2015-8-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was an issue where it appeared randomly and this was just a glitch that is resolved in the current app/firmware..

I would think if you are running previous firmware ( can see this in the "about" section under General Settings ) it can be ignored..
2015-8-19
Use props
aarongreenman
New

France

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-19 19:21
There was an issue where it appeared randomly and this was just a glitch that is resolved in the cur ...

ok thanks.... everything else seems OK. Will update friday with my micro sd card.
2015-8-19
Use props
matt.mangan
New

United Kingdom

aarongreenman Posted at 2015-8-19 19:30
ok thanks.... everything else seems OK. Will update friday with my micro sd card.

I got the same error on my first flight and then messages about outdated firmware.  I've installed the latest but still to test.
2015-8-19
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

just to double check you also removed the small white piece of foam at the rear of gimbal
2015-8-19
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

The foam is not the problem as i guess everybody removed it by now. The gimbal overload problem is because of a gimbal not within DJIs tolerance. In the new FW they made it more tolerant but the gimbal is still not optimal, many of those gimbals showing jello effect. I had two of them and my third is ok now without the overload message. All three tested with the old FW.
2015-8-19
Use props
mogensdalsgaard
lvl.1

Denmark

I had the "Gimbal overload" message, but after installing the latest firmware, it has dissapeared.
2015-8-23
Use props
xaq7
lvl.1

United States

Running 1.26, I'll get it if anything contacts the gimbal. Usually it's a blade of grass right before take off. Once in the air, it seems happy enough.
2015-8-24
Use props
jmsessa
lvl.1

United States

xaq7@hotmail.co Posted at 2015-8-25 04:59
Running 1.26, I'll get it if anything contacts the gimbal. Usually it's a blade of grass right befor ...

I too had the gimbal message. Moved the quad out of tall grass and error message stoped.
2015-10-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are in an area with tall grass you will receive that error message. It has happened to me a few times. It doesn't take much resistance for that to happen. The grass will put the resistance on the Gimbal. I move it to an area with no grass and everything is fine.
2015-10-15
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules