Nexus 7 and Lollipop possible Fix.
2481 9 2014-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Well, my DJI App works now.
As it turns out, the FACEBOOK App was the cause of my problems.
I did a 'reset' this am, which means all my apps got deleted, everything erased.
With just signing in, Google rememered all my apps, but didnt install them unless I chose too. It only installed the Google stuff, all the other Apps I had to reinstall from my Apps list
Everything was fine, up until I reiinstalled the Facebook app...then it crapped out again.

So..there you go, one users experience.

2014-12-5
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

Interesting.  The prob I'm having with my htc one M8 is that it wants to keep dropping the phantom connection even though it's good.  Even when there's no other wifi available.  I can put it in airplane mode and its all good but then I *think* I'm killing the dynamic home position feature...
2014-12-5
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Yeh..Lollipop still has Wifi connections probs....
What I did solved the Force Closing probs
2014-12-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
Second Officer

China

jamesnns@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-6 06:48
Yeh..Lollipop still has Wifi connections probs....
What I did solved the Force Closing probs

What kind of Wifi connections prob?
Never thought the Force Closing issue caused by the FACEBOOK app..
Seems an effective approach.....But it's really a bad news if we can not use Facebook at the same time
2014-12-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've done some investigation and maybe can offer some details...

It appears that Lollipop has removed the "avoid unstable connections"; this was the setting that would result in the WIFI disconnecting when it found the connection didn't support internet.  In order to use Android with the Phantom you needed to turn this off so that connection would be maintained.  In Lollipop this setting is no longer exposed.  The interesting thing though is that it appears the setting must still be present because I've seen cases where a device that was working continues to work after an "upgrade" to Lollipop.  However, the same device, if reset to factory settings will no longer work.  It appears that during upgrade the Android device will keep the setting but a new device has the setting turned off and as such the connection to the Phantom is dropped at random times.

I haven't looked at the Android SDK to see if this setting is exposed and can be affected outside the settings applet but that above suggests that it might be.  Hopefully they bring this back in a near update but Lollipop has some serious other WIFI issues which appears to be coming in way of a patch (I saw 5.01 release a few days ago that is supposed to fix some); I have not been able to test the 5.01 update.
2014-12-7
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

Samsung Galaxy 3 notepad with recently upgrade to Lollipop is working great with P2V+ with current software
2014-12-7
Use props
studio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7310331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did hard resets on both of my Nexus 7 2012 and Nexus 4 devices too. Clean devices with freshly installed software.

Your solution is not working for me, the DJI Vision App 1.0.54 app still closed upon starting the engines when using Android 5.0. Works just fine on a LG G2 mini with Android 4.x installed, so its definatly some Android 5 / Vision App issue.
I do not have a FB app installed.
2014-12-12
Use props
frybert
lvl.1

Czechia

I have Nexus 4 too and same problem. Hard reset but still not worked.
2014-12-15
Use props
frybert
lvl.1

Czechia

Today i download Andoid 5.0.1 and problem is still takes
2014-12-16
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

frybert@trebesi Posted at 2014-12-17 06:05