8708 19 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eviandrinker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 872077 ft
United States

Hello,

I recently got the DJI Mic and love them. However when I tried to retrive the audio file there's no folder and no file showing when I connect the DJI Mic to the computer using the DJI USC-C cable. I have attached a screenshot of how it looks on my end.

I'm not sure what needs to be done in order to see the audio files and would love some help from this community. Is there a setting in the System Preference on my Macbook Pro that I need to turn on/off in order for the files to be visible?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
2023-2-9
Use props
eviandrinker
lvl.1
United States

2023-2-9
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

What is it that you're connecting to your Mac?

There will only be a file recorded on a transmitter and only if you opted for internal recording or if you chose a safety backup. Otherwise all the receiver can do is direct your audio to a recording device or your camera's audio input. Each transmitter can store onboard audio if you so choose but the receiver never does. Other than under extremely controlled conditions, as a precaution I ALWAYS store on the transmitters regardless of whatever else I am recording to because the signal to the receiver is easily interrupted by fixed odstructions to line-of-sight, bodies moving around or even the wearer of the transmitter turning his or her back to the receiver.
2023-2-9
Use props
eviandrinker
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for your reply! Very green to it so all the help is welcome! I used the USB-C cable from DJI to connect both the transmitter and receiver (I bought the 1TX - 1RX combo). I don't know what I did, but I played with it more this afternoon and the audio files showed up when I plugged both the TX and RX
2023-2-9
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

eviandrinker Posted at 2-9 19:43
Thanks for your reply! Very green to it so all the help is welcome! I used the USB-C cable from DJI to connect both the transmitter and receiver (I bought the 1TX - 1RX combo). I don't know what I did, but I played with it more this afternoon and the audio files showed up when I plugged both the TX and RX

You are very welcome. Congratulations and good luck.
2023-2-9
Use props
randiglea
New

United States

eviandrinker Posted at 2-9 19:43

I was following this because mine is doing the same thing and I cannot figure it out. Did you ever discover what you did to find the recorded file?
2023-2-22
Use props
eviandrinker
lvl.1
United States

randiglea Posted at 2-22 11:44
I was following this because mine is doing the same thing and I cannot figure it out. Did you ever discover what you did to find the recorded file?

Hey. I played with it a little, and I don't really have a logical explanation to it, but it ended up working for me. I would connect both the transmitter and receiver with the DJI-provided cable and turn both on. When I do this the "No NAME" external drive pops up and the audio file shows up. I have attached a picture of how I connect it to my Mac. I hope this helps and wish I had a better explanation to provide.

2023-2-22
Use props
Daniel84
New

Sweden

Hey,

I do experience the same problem both with PC and Mac.

I conducted some interviews last week but it seems that only the audio files where the interviewee himself pressed the microphone (REC) are stored on the device?

All the audio clips that I triggered from the transmitter (swipe up and REC) do not show up on the computer. Could it be that these are not stored at all? Also, could it have something to do with the microphones being plugged back into the docking station too quickly?

I received a regular USB-A to USB-C cable in the DJI package (no dual USB-C) so I cannot test the above solution. Is there another explanation why these files have not been stored or have they actually been stored but the problem is just accessing them?

With kind regards,
Daniel
2023-5-7
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Daniel84 Posted at 5-7 07:54
Hey,

I do experience the same problem both with PC and Mac.

You say you pressed record on the receiver (you said transmitter but I know what you meant) but are you expecting the receiver to store the audio file, because that never happens? When you pressed REC on the receiver, it would also have shown  which transmitter you intend to record (assuming you have the two transmitter set). To start or stop recording TX1, you swipe up on the TX1 side of the display and touch REC and/or do likewise on the TX2 side to start or stop recording TX2. I don't have the single transmitter DJI mic but I assume you just swipe up anywhere on the display.

However, all you are actually doing here is telling the receiver which mic or transmitter's signal you want directed to your camera, audio recorder, PA amplifier or whatever else. It is that device which saves the recording unless you have set the DJI Mic's recording format to M(s) (the choices are M for Mono, S for stereo if you have the two mic set, and M(s) for record in Mono with a -6dB safety track). Only when you choose M(s) will a recording specifically enabled from the receiver be stored on a transmitter. As you have already observed, onboard recording can also be enabled from individual transmitters, which I suspect will be at -6dB although I've never tried it. This makes each transmitter effectively an independent recorder regardless of whether you even have the receiver. Only when you record in M(s) format or when you press record on a mic/transmitter will you locate a file on a transmitter . . . and only the transmitters have sufficient storage to save audio (I think about 8GB). In any other scenario you are sending the audio to whichever device your receiver's OUT port is plugged into. The receiver only has space for its Operating System, firmware, stuff like that.

I always use M(s) and will do so unless I have a compelling reason to record separate Left and Right audio. I do this because the radio signal from transmitter to receiver is easily blocked by any structure or person, even the wearer's own body, or disturbed by nearby radio interference. Enabling M(s) ensures there is always a way to recover lost parts of the interview/dialogue/speech etc. even if this involves extra work in post production. If you have the two transmitter set and want to record in stereo, you may choose at the receiver which transmitter should be left or right (I believe TX1 is left and TX2 is right from the factory) but you can swap them by pressing L/R (or R/L) on the same screen as the REC 'button'. However, you won't be recording internally since you would have had to switch from M(s) to S. A way around this limitation would be to press the physical REC button both transmitters and then manually download the resulting file from each onto the left and right channels of your editing software.

Hopefully this helps but let me know if you need anything clarified or if there is something I haven't thought of.
2023-5-7
Use props
Spyridonas
New
Canada

TooDeep Posted at 5-7 09:38
You say you pressed record on the receiver (you said transmitter but I know what you meant) but are you expecting the receiver to store the audio file, because that never happens? When you pressed REC on the receiver, it would also have shown  which transmitter you intend to record (assuming you have the two transmitter set). To start or stop recording TX1, you swipe up on the TX1 side of the display and touch REC and/or do likewise on the TX2 side to start or stop recording TX2. I don't have the single transmitter DJI mic but I assume you just swipe up anywhere on the display.

However, all you are actually doing here is telling the receiver which mic or transmitter's signal you want directed to your camera, audio recorder, PA amplifier or whatever else. It is that device which saves the recording unless you have set the DJI Mic's recording format to M(s) (the choices are M for Mono, S for stereo if you have the two mic set, and M(s) for record in Mono with a -6dB safety track). Only when you choose M(s) will a recording specifically enabled from the receiver be stored on a transmitter. As you have already observed, onboard recording can also be enabled from individual transmitters, which I suspect will be at -6dB although I've never tried it. This makes each transmitter effectively an independent recorder regardless of whether you even have the receiver. Only when you record in M(s) format or when you press record on a mic/transmitter will you locate a file on a transmitter . . . and only the transmitters have sufficient storage to save audio (I think about 8GB). In any other scenario you are sending the audio to whichever device your receiver's OUT port is plugged into. The receiver only has space for its Operating System, firmware, stuff like that.

I have exactly the same problem with the DJI mic system. I used to simply connect my receiver to my mac and I'd see the audio files. Now nothing shows up. I know I can get audio files from the transmitter, but I liked to have a backup, since my work is critical and things can go wrong. Now I'm back to connecting my Zoom digital recorder to the receive for the backup. I'm glad I still have my old digital sound recorder, and that works. But it's a step back in technology and workflow: now I have three devices to worry about instead of three. (And, of course my system is set to M(s), but that still doesn't work.)
2023-5-9
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Spyridonas Posted at 5-9 07:28
I have exactly the same problem with the DJI mic system. I used to simply connect my receiver to my mac and I'd see the audio files. Now nothing shows up. I know I can get audio files from the transmitter, but I liked to have a backup, since my work is critical and things can go wrong. Now I'm back to connecting my Zoom digital recorder to the receive for the backup. I'm glad I still have my old digital sound recorder, and that works. But it's a step back in technology and workflow: now I have three devices to worry about instead of three. (And, of course my system is set to M(s), but that still doesn't work.)

Are you saying you were once able record audio files onto your receiver and subsequently transfer them to you Mac, which I didn't know was ever the way it worked, or that you could send live audio to your Mac via your receiver - in other words use it as an audio interface?
2023-5-9
Use props
djiuser_8Fii2JG5tM0i
New

France

I have the exact same issue

=> no files when connecting the transmitter to my mac (empty folder)
=> there is no issues between the transmitter and the mic (works well with a phone) but I need a back up

Anyone has a solution ?
2023-11-23
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Ukraine

Make sure the DJI Mic is properly connected to your Macbook Pro using the DJI USB-C cable. Ensure that the cable is not damaged, and try using a different USB port on your computer. Disconnect the DJI Mic from your computer. Power off the DJI Mic and then power it back on. Reconnect the DJI Mic to your computer. If possible, try using a different USB-C cable to connect the DJI Mic to your computer. Ensure that both the DJI Mic and your Macbook Pro have the latest firmware and software updates. Visit the DJI website for any available updates for your device.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJIMICUSER
lvl.1

Australia

yeah guys, if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I recorded a bunch of footage on my camera yesterday, with the use of my dji mic, I go to check the audio files on my Mac, and there's nothing, I also made sure I was recording on the receiver the day before. so if someone can help me please and thank you
1-4 02:35
Use props
ken4sc
New

United States

DJIMICUSER Posted at 1-4 02:35
yeah guys, if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I recorded a bunch of footage on my camera yesterday, with the use of my dji mic, I go to check the audio files on my Mac, and there's nothing, I also made sure I was recording on the receiver the day before. so if someone can help me please and thank you

You just have to connect both the transmitter and receiver to your Mac using a USB-C cable in order to see the audio files. You can use any USB-C cable, it doesn't have to be the one from DJI.
1-21 10:29
Use props
Spyridonas
New
Canada

I am very frustrated too. My receiver used to connect to my mac and I'd download the audio files there, knowing I had a backup on the transmitter, just in case. Instead, I now have to carry a separate audio recorder and plug it into the receiver to have a backup. Too much work. Plus, the file on the transmitter is much bigger than I need. DJI Mic is a pretty expensive piece of equipment, to have this happen within a year of my buying it.
2-6 14:46
Use props
djiuser_KusT69mZZFDR
lvl.2

France

The RX shoud be switch off, and TX is switch on, in that case you will see in the finder the TX connected.
2-8 12:44
Use props
Murta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80098 ft
Brazil

I think I've found the problem. You shouldn't use the slot intended for plugging in USB-C; you need to use the USB-C port that's meant for charging. Neither the USB-C plug nor the Lightning plug can be connected to it; otherwise, it won't work.
3-18 20:23
Use props
BangKok
New

Thailand

Having a similar and new problem with my DJI Mic 2. Previously, no problem running audio into the camera and then saving the back up audio via the computer. Now, The DJI transmitter is not being recognised by the computer (Only one of them the other is fine) although it is still recording audio to the camera. This is for the DJI 2.

Is there a way to reformat the transmitters, can't seem to find it?
3-25 23:35
Use props
ThomasETR
New

Sweden

I have a connection issue as well (don't know where else to publish it since I am not allowed to start threads).

I have a MacBook and a Mac mini. Both run on M1 and both use the same OS, but the issue is that the DJI Mic only mounts on the Macbook, not the iMac?!

This sounds more like a Mac issue than a DJI bug, but I am desperate to fund a solution.
3-26 05:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules