DJI FPV Drone error "non DJI Battery Detected"
3552 9 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S97
lvl.1

United States

Hello,  Recently ran into a problem with one of my batteries with my DJI FPV drone.  I have 5 batteries, labeled 1-5 for identification... and #3 started giving an error saying "Non DJI battery detected" and it won't take off.  I don't have an issue with any of the others, and this battery was working great last time I used it. given that it was bought as part of a fly more kit bought through reputable dealer I don't belive I have a counterfit.   Any idea on what to do?

Battery SN 37wdjcncr20733.. Weird thing is I have iirc ~three charge cycles on the battery but it's not listing any cycles in the goggles.
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend wiping the metal contact pins on the battery or the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration > 75%) to see if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending this battery in for diagnostics. You may request a repair service using this link https://www.dji.com/support/repair . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-2-9
Use props
S97
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-9 19:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend wiping the metal contact pins on the battery or the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration > 75%) to see if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending this battery in for diagnostics. You may request a repair service using this link https://www.dji.com/support/repair . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thank you!
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_AXgLcPUGrkWO
New

United States

Yes! I just bought "DJI FPV Combo - Certified Refurbished" from their eBay online store the other day and my battery says the same that it's a "non-DJI battery" and won't fly, the drone shows a critical low battery warning with fast flashing red lights on drone even though the battery is fully charged!! It's a very expensive paperweight right now, and yes DJI bot, I did use isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts before posting this. DJI has a major issue with their FPV batteries that is ongoing! I should have gone with iFlight.
2023-6-23
Use props
djiuser_AXgLcPUGrkWO
New

United States

Yes! I just bought "DJI FPV Combo - Certified Refurbished" from their eBay online store the other day and my battery says the same that it's a "non-DJI battery" and won't fly, the drone shows a critical low battery warning with fast flashing red lights on drone even though the battery is fully charged!! It's a very expensive paperweight right now, and yes DJI bot, I did use isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts before posting this. DJI has a major issue with their FPV batteries that is ongoing! I should have gone with iFlight.

2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_AXgLcPUGrkWO Posted at 6-23 11:34
Yes! I just bought "DJI FPV Combo - Certified Refurbished" from their eBay online store the other day and my battery says the same that it's a "non-DJI battery" and won't fly, the drone shows a critical low battery warning with fast flashing red lights on drone even though the battery is fully charged!! It's a very expensive paperweight right now, and yes DJI bot, I did use isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts before posting this. DJI has a major issue with their FPV batteries that is ongoing! I should have gone with iFlight.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us the serial number of the said battery via PM so we can check? Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you.
2023-6-29
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

This seems to be a very common issue with these batteries. I have about 6 of them. All are pretty much new, less than a year old. They are properly maintained. Low charge cycles (under 5) and I had 2 report non-DJI battery error. Had to send them to DJI for replacement.
2023-7-29
Use props
kfrazer
New

Canada

Getting this same error message error saying "Non DJI battery detected" and it won't take off with a new battery ordered individually directly from DJI website. Using it in a new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Have 3 other batteries purchased new and they all worked out of the box. Any suggestions? Could it be firmware related?
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kfrazer Posted at 9-6 15:18
Getting this same error message error saying "Non DJI battery detected" and it won't take off with a new battery ordered individually directly from DJI website. Using it in a new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Have 3 other batteries purchased new and they all worked out of the box. Any suggestions? Could it be firmware related?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm how many batteries suffer the exact same problem? Please try to follow the troubleshooting steps above to further isolate the issue. Furthermore, you may download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer, insert the battery into the aircraft body, connect it to the computer, and refresh the firmware to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules