336 6 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hi Forum,

Brand new Action 2 and impossible for me to activate.
I get to the enter password and the MIMO keyboard is greyed out.
End of the line.

2023-2-9
Use props
MavicRookie84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 605066 ft
Canada

Is it a android device? It's like rolling a dice to activate the camera if it is. The only known android device to actually work and activate the camera is 12.0. How do I know this? I spent a entire day experimenting with different phones and stumbled onto a 12.0 tablet that activated my camera (Anything android 13.0 will not work). Otherwise you need to borrow a Iphone (possibly a ipad).
2023-2-9
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicRookie84 Posted at 2-9 15:22
Is it a android device? It's like rolling a dice to activate the camera if it is. The only known android device to actually work and activate the camera is 12.0. How do I know this? I spent a entire day experimenting with different phones and stumbled onto a 12.0 tablet that activated my camera (Anything android 13.0 will not work). Otherwise you need to borrow a Iphone (possibly a ipad).

Thanks for your reply.
The scene this end is very scrambled.
For now, I mean this minute, the conditions I wanted to be recording are nearing the end of the window for me.
I have a fully operational Action 2 apart from some water damage to the power unit.
Since I cant get any joy at all activating my new Action 2, I'll just call it an expensive repair (a second but fully operational power unit) - and write the new camera unit off as useless fore now.
Need to get in the truck and head off so there it stands.
Have an old iPhone (which runs the old Action 2 perfectly) and a Galaxy A20 which I know very little about. When I get back to trying to activate the new Action 2 camera unit, maybe I'll have more luck.
Thanks again.
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below and see if this will isolate the issue.

1. Kindly please try to uninstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and please reinstall the software using the DJI Mimo app from our website https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2. After reinstalling, check if the mobile device already authorizes all permissions, like location, and GPS for this App.
3. Please hard reset the mobile device.
4. If the issue persists, please try to use a different mobile device to give it a try.

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps work on your end and if not, kindly please provide us a screenshot of the DJI Mimo app showing the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-9
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-9 19:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below and see if this will isolate the issue.

1. Kindly please try to uninstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and please reinstall the software using the DJI Mimo app from our website https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

Many Thanks,
There is too much I need to clean up at this end. For instance, getting up to speed with the necessary literacy.
Yes, I have taken a small hit due to my ignorance but much has also been brought on board and the cost is not the full purchase price after these other factors are taken into account.
Down the line I can see that some hardware improvements on my part will allow your recipe for activating the new Action 2, which, it seems to me, cant fail.
The conclusion, today, two hours getting about 20 serious takes done, of which, about 8 are superb for my purposes and the rest likely useful so they're archived. All thanks to the conditions today and the Action 2 that I already had. A good day's results.

2023-2-10
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-9 19:23

1. Kindly please try to uninstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and please reinstall the software using the DJI Mimo app from our website https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

All good now. Many thanks. Now a two camera unit video production pretender! One issue remains however, can you shift this cyclone thats bashing the coast here?  I try a jest.
ACTIVATED, case closed.

2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Neico Posted at 2-11 12:35
All good now. Many thanks. Now a two camera unit video production pretender! One issue remains however, can you shift this cyclone thats bashing the coast here?  I try a jest.
ACTIVATED, case closed.

Perfect! We're glad that you already managed to activate your DJI Action 2. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules