RC thumb sticks (with mini 3 pro)
2121 14 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
x_Sponge_x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16109 ft

United Kingdom

Hello Community, I recently purchased my first DJI drone, the mini 3 pro and separately the RC (with the screen built in) ....
Its an amazing but of kit and so far Im very impressed with the drone itself, but the controller not so much ....
The reason I say this is that Im having issues with the thumb sticks.  
You need to screw the thumb sticks into the controller when you come to use it, the first few times this was not a problem but literally now after about 5 or 6 uses the sticks will no longer screw onto the controller securley, they are loose on the thred and if they do screw on they are weak and come off after a few minutes of use.  I would not expect this to happen to a controller costing GBP£255 ....

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?  

I have ordered new sticks in case the original sticks have been damaged somehow in the 5-6 times I have screwed them on and off but I would not expect such damage after such minimal use.

Any feedback from the DJI support team or community would be appreciated, Im facing having to return this contoller and this is a sad situation for something that is supposed to be a premium product, not to say missing out on flight time while I wait for a replacement RC.

Thanks in advance.

2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation, May we ask for a short video showing this problem? You could upload thru Google Drive or Dropbox then provide the link here for further investigation. We're looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your support.
2023-2-9
Use props
x_Sponge_x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2-9 16:04
Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation, May we ask for a short video showing this problem? You could upload thru Google Drive or Dropbox then provide the link here for further investigation. We're looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your support.

Hi Diana, thanks for the reply, please see a short video on YouTube which shows my problem, welcome any tips or help you can offer
https://youtube.com/shorts/p7A7_amJCzg?feature=share
2023-2-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

x_Sponge_x Posted at 2-10 01:20
Hi Diana, thanks for the reply, please see a short video on YouTube which shows my problem, welcome any tips or help you can offer

Are the threads stripped in the RC or inside the sticks?
2023-2-10
Use props
x_Sponge_x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 03:27
Are the threads stripped in the RC or inside the sticks?

I think so, but I’ve literally used these like 5-6 times, it would be a poor show if that is true really, £255 for cheap materials is a bad deal in my opinion. I have a replacement set coming in the post, I’ll update when received
2023-2-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

x_Sponge_x Posted at 2-10 03:36
I think so, but I’ve literally used these like 5-6 times, it would be a poor show if that is true really, £255 for cheap materials is a bad deal in my opinion. I have a replacement set coming in the post, I’ll update when received

Hopefully the posts in the RC are not stripped and it is the threads in the sticks that are.  Otherwise, you'll have to send the RC to DJI for repairs.  Keep us posted.
2023-2-10
Use props
x_Sponge_x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 05:26
Hopefully the posts in the RC are not stripped and it is the threads in the sticks that are.  Otherwise, you'll have to send the RC to DJI for repairs.  Keep us posted.

Hey, so my new sticks arrived and as suspected, the three was stripped on the original stock sticks, got some new ones and they went straight on. Shame the original ones only lasted less than 2 weeks …. :-(
D4A71BA8-F7B3-4961-A5E9-6C312775907D.jpeg
2023-2-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

x_Sponge_x Posted at 2-10 11:02
Hey, so my new sticks arrived and as suspected, the three was stripped on the original stock sticks, got some new ones and they went straight on. Shame the original ones only lasted less than 2 weeks …. :-(

Good to know it was the threads on the sticks.  I like the color of those sticks.  
2023-2-10
Use props
x_Sponge_x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 11:09
Good to know it was the threads on the sticks.  I like the color of those sticks.

Yep, easy fix from Amazon, they do look good in Red lol
2023-2-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

x_Sponge_x Posted at 2-10 11:11
Yep, easy fix from Amazon, they do look good in Red lol

That red does make them "pop".  Hopefully, they are much better made than the OEM sticks.
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

x_Sponge_x Posted at 2-10 01:20
Hi Diana, thanks for the reply, please see a short video on YouTube which shows my problem, welcome any tips or help you can offer

Thanks for your response. Please be advised that we've forwarded this situation to our relevant team for further checking. In the meantime, we recommend examining the physical condition of the remote controller and the joystick screw if it has damage. If you notice any problem, kindly report to us via this link: www.dji.com/support Thank you for your understanding.
2023-2-10
Use props
x_Sponge_x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2-10 15:28
Thanks for your response. Please be advised that we've forwarded this situation to our relevant team for further checking. In the meantime, we recommend examining the physical condition of the remote controller and the joystick screw if it has damage. If you notice any problem, kindly report to us via this link: www.dji.com/support Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Diana, I appear to have received a credit to my DJI account of 0.52 pence but with no explanation, surely this cannot be for a poor quality OEM sticks on my £255 RC , if it is then I’m sad to say that this is a little insulting, such a response from DJI for a poor product quality item would be surprising, wow is the only word that comes to mind if this is the case…. Oh well, that is a shame.
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

x_Sponge_x Posted at 2-12 09:59
Hi Diana, I appear to have received a credit to my DJI account of 0.52 pence but with no explanation, surely this cannot be for a poor quality OEM sticks on my £255 RC , if it is then I’m sad to say that this is a little insulting, such a response from DJI for a poor product quality item would be surprising, wow is the only word that comes to mind if this is the case…. Oh well, that is a shame.

Hi there, may I confirm if you recently placed an order on DJI Online Store? If so, it's the 0.52 credits of your order. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-2-12
Use props
x_Sponge_x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Since I have purchased my new 3rd party thumb sticks I've had no issues with my RC....now having fun capturing some great video, everyday learning more about this great hobby.  See my latest video https://youtu.be/KeNLCGKcssk
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

x_Sponge_x Posted at 2-27 17:58
Since I have purchased my new 3rd party thumb sticks I've had no issues with my RC....now having fun capturing some great video, everyday learning more about this great hobby.  See my latest video https://youtu.be/KeNLCGKcssk

Thanks for your update here. If you have any questions later, please feel free to talk.
2023-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules