Friend request from banned member?
1537 24 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I just got a friend request from a member I don't know at all and who is listed as banned on their profile page. How does that happen?

2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know who is the member and when was the request sent to you?
2023-2-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-10 20:25
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know who is the member and when was the request sent to you?

Wanda, here is an example.  I got this friend request but it says member is banned.
FriendRequest.jpg
Banned.jpg
2023-2-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Same thing here, too. I was a bit uncertain to accept it, but thought I can unfriend them if they prove to be harmful, so I did.
2023-2-11
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-10 20:25

I posted here right after I got the notification. The name was something like Morrisboss, or Morrisonboss. It disappeared when I clicked No so I can't check it now.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 04:21
Wanda, here is an example.  I got this friend request but it says member is banned.

Hi there, DowntownRDB. We'll make sure to pass this on the team to further look into the matter. Appreciate your patience.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 2-11 05:22
Same thing here, too. I was a bit uncertain to accept it, but thought I can unfriend them if they prove to be harmful, so I did.

Sorry to hear about that, HGDC84. Please reach out to us to help you further assist if in any case, the same issue arises. We'll try our best to help.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2-11 14:25
I posted here right after I got the notification. The name was something like Morrisboss, or Morrisonboss. It disappeared when I clicked No so I can't check it now.

Thanks for the information. As always, feel free to reach out at any time. We'll try our best to help. Appreciate your patience.
2023-2-11
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2-11 14:41
Thanks for the information. As always, feel free to reach out at any time. We'll try our best to help. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you. The profile photos look like they're culled from the internet, generic people but under studio lighting.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2-11 14:55
Thank you. The profile photos look like they're culled from the internet, generic people but under studio lighting.

Thanks for the added information. If you encountered any, please send us the details, and we'll try and look further. Many thanks for your patience and cooperation.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, I banned him yesterday. So, if the request is earlier than yesterday, it is normal.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2-11 14:25

The member might be banned after the friend request had sent to you. Please report to us the next time you encountered the same issue.
2023-2-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-11 14:35
Hi there, DowntownRDB. We'll make sure to pass this on the team to further look into the matter. Appreciate your patience.

No problem Diana.  Just trying to help you team figure out how a banned individual can still send out friend requests.  
2023-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-11 19:53
Hi, I banned him yesterday. So, if the request is earlier than yesterday, it is normal.

That could well have been what happened.  Thanks for the information Wanda.  
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-12 04:40
That could well have been what happened.  Thanks for the information Wanda.

You are welcome. Please let us know if this issue occurs in a way that was not supposed to.
2023-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-12 05:01
You are welcome. Please let us know if this issue occurs in a way that was not supposed to.

Will do.  Have a fantastic day.  
2023-2-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2-11 14:38
Sorry to hear about that, HGDC84. Please reach out to us to help you further assist if in any case, the same issue arises. We'll try our best to help.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm okay. Will bear that in mind if I get spammed, harrassed or something else though.

Anyway, thanks of the well-wishes and the offer for help!
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-12 04:38
No problem Diana.  Just trying to help you team figure out how a banned individual can still send out friend requests.

You're most welcome, DowntownRDB. Thanks again for bringing this forward to our attention
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 2-12 06:48
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm okay. Will bear that in mind if I get spammed, harrassed or something else though.

Anyway, thanks of the well-wishes and the offer for help!

You're most welcome. Hope you're having a great weekend!
2023-2-12
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-11 19:57
The member might be banned after the friend request had sent to you. Please report to us the next time you encountered the same issue.

Thanks for looking into it. It's quite a coincidence that three members, or more, who were about to be banned were sending out friend requests.
2023-2-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2-12 06:56
You're most welcome. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Thanks, you too!
2023-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-12 06:55
You're most welcome, DowntownRDB. Thanks again for bringing this forward to our attention

My pleasure.  Have a wonderful week.  
2023-2-13
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

that same person sent me a friend request a day ago......I didn't accept as I wasn't sure I should.
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2-12 07:40
Thanks for looking into it. It's quite a coincidence that three members, or more, who were about to be banned were sending out friend requests.

You are welcome. Please feel free to talk if you have any questions.
2023-2-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

PixelPro Posted at 2-13 18:28
that same person sent me a friend request a day ago......I didn't accept as I wasn't sure I should.

It was a bit strange for sure.
2023-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules