Phantom2 iOS device
1325 3 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivan.chandra
New

Indonesia

Hi. For non-iPhone but iOS devices, what would be best for phantom2 vision+?I saw that iPad Mini isn't recommended for Phantom2, is this because of its larger screen size?
Is iPod Touch 5th gen better than iPad mini? If so, what's its advantages over iPad Mini? Both are wifi only iOS devices with no cellular connectivity.

Thanks

Ivan
2014-9-22
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Ivan
I use the Ipad mini with my Phantom and have had no problems. I'm not sure why they say not recommended. I bought a 8" hood for it and a anti glare screen cover. The advantage for me is the larger screen, as it is easier to see and operate. Since you have no data services, you need to connect through a wifi and download the maps (Google Maps) before you go out and fly.
2014-9-22
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't know why anyone would say iPad mini is not good for it? I use an iPad Mini w/ Retina and LOVE IT! I've flown with a full size iPad and felt it was too big and heavy. It wasn't the iPad Air, so maybe that would make a difference. But I felt the screen size of mini is more than adequate.

Look into the Satechi ST-TP01 Mount (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It will fit right on to the stock ballhead that holds the iPhone clip on your transmitter, and will hold a full size iPad or the Mini. It is a great tool, in my opinion. Then all you need is a sun shade or anti glare and you're good to go.

Note that the Vision App is not designed for an iPad so you will be seeing it either in small mode, or 2x magnification mode. But it is still a great picture and considerably larger than the iPhone. Hope this helps!
2014-9-22
Use props
fabdaddydlux
New

United States

Are there plans to have the Vision app for the ipad mini?
2014-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules