DJI PRO SSD 1TB - NOT RECOGNIZED BY PC
822 6 2023-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tchams
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi!

I have around 600gb of footage that I can't copy to my hard drive. When connecting the SSD PRO to the Ronin 4D camera, I can see the footage is there and playback works just fine.
However I can't offload the data as the ssd isn't recognize by my computer.

Tried using multiple cables (orginal DJI, USB to USB C, LaCie,...), multiple computers, nothing seems to work.
Even tried reading it through the SSD Pro Mount by connecting the card to a CF Express card reader.
Would someone please have a fix for this?? Obviously a very problematic situation..

Thank you!

2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please check the information below and tell us your feedback?
1. After the DJI Pro SSD is connected to the computer, check whether the rear LED lights up.
* If the rear LED lights up, it indicates that DJI Pro SSD is powered on.
2. Check whether a docking station is used when connecting DJI Pro SSD to the computer.
* When a docking station is used, check whether it can supply power; if the docking station does not provide an independent power supply, try to remove the docking station and directly connect the DJI Pro SSD to the computer.
3. Connect another USB-C to USB-C or USB-C to USB-A cable to the computer.
4. Check whether another storage device connected to the computer port can be recognized normally.
5. If there are no backup requirements for the photos/videos, please connect DJI Pro SSD to DJI Ronin 4D to check whether it can be recognized. If it can be recognized, format the DJI Pro SSD using DJI Ronin 4D.
6. If possible, use another computer to test.
2023-2-12
Use props
Tchams
lvl.1
Belgium

Hello, thanks for your reply. Here with the feedback.
1. The LED turns on for a couple of seconds, then shuts off. Sometimes (1 out 100 tries) the LED light stays on but still stays undetected by my computer.
2. No docking station is used, I connect it straight to the computer via cables.
3. Tried this but still doesn't work
4. Other ports and drives and recognized by computer. I just seem to have issues with the SSD
5. Not possible to format right now as I really need the footage.

When connecting a Sony A3 to my computer, I can read the files in the SD card off the computer. Could I connect the SSD to the Sony camera, and then connect the camera to computer to access my files?
Thank you!
2023-2-12
Use props
Tchams
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-12 00:30
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please check the information below and tell us your feedback?
1. After the DJI Pro SSD is connected to the computer, check whether the rear LED lights up.
* If the rear LED lights up, it indicates that DJI Pro SSD is powered on.

1. The LED turns on for a couple of seconds, then shuts off. Sometimes (1 out 100 tries) the LED light stays on but still stays undetected by my computer.
2. No docking station is used, I connect it straight to the computer via cables.
3. Tried this but still doesn't work
4. Other ports and drives and recognized by computer. I just seem to have issues with the SSD
5. Not possible to format right now as I really need the footage.
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tchams Posted at 2-12 05:36

Sorry for the late response.
Our engineers suggested that please send the DJI Pro SSD back for further diagnosis.
Before you send it back, you can refer to the steps in PM to export your footage first.

2023-2-14
Use props
fanse172456d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80482 ft
Japan

same trouble
I have it with Inspire 3.
Please tell me what to do.
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fanse172456d Posted at 12-10 20:46
same trouble
I have it with Inspire 3.
Please tell me what to do.

Hello, there. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Make sure the gimbal camera has been correctly installed on the aircraft.
2. Connect DJI PROSSD to the computer with a cable to confirm whether the port of the DJI PROSSD works properly. If the DJI PROSSD can not be recognized by multiple devices, you are advised to send the DJI PROSSD back fordiagnosis.
3. Refresht the firmware
If the issue persists after completing all the steps above, please send the aircraft with the DJI PROSSD together for diagnosis.
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules