Prop blade screws... PH000 or PH0000???
8630 37 2023-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

I've read a few threads here and elsewhere, and this question doesn't seem to have been answered clearly...yet, particularly as there is a YouTube clip where someone says "don't use PH000, use PH0000", yet most other comments seem to say that PH000 is in fact the correct size phillips head screwdriver to use!

Is there a definite answere before I buy one on Amazone or the local hardware store???

2023-2-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would buy them both and see which one works best for you.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. The recommended Screwdriver model is PH0 Phillips screwdriver.
2023-2-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

what i should have said is everyone should owns a good solid wowstick set.
2023-2-11
Use props
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

Hmmm, thank you for the replies, but it seems there's no official ruling on the actual PH size/profile best to use, which I find a little odd.
Most screws have a recommended size for the head to make sure the correct profile contact is inserted, so that the screwdriver fully fills all the screws concave profile.
Therefore I just wonder why this isn't a simple answer/post by DJI on this, as it's something that will cause serious problems if the wrong tool is used!!!
2023-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 2-11 23:38

+1 for the wow stick.   
2023-2-12
Use props
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

The Wowstik sounds a great device, but with something so small as the screws in the props, why do you need it to be an electric device? Why wouldn't/shouldn't you use it manually to feel (feedback) and make sure these screws don't get over tightened or worse still, strip the head if you're not lined up with the screwdriver properly? - I'm really keen to learn here.
2023-2-12
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

I bought a PH000 screwdriver and it was way too small.
I then bought a quality PH00 screwdriver and it fits perfectly.
I haven't actually needed to remove any propellers yet so I hope it works as it should, but the lesson here is buy quality tools to get the job done.
2023-2-12
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

The Saint Posted at 2-11 23:38

I never heard about the Wowstick, so I googled it. Wow - what an amazing tool. Made by Xiaomi, that means excellent quality. I want one!
2023-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_alvin_ Posted at 2-12 00:37
The Wowstik sounds a great device, but with something so small as the screws in the props, why do you need it to be an electric device? Why wouldn't/shouldn't you use it manually to feel (feedback) and make sure these screws don't get over tightened or worse still, strip the head if you're not lined up with the screwdriver properly? - I'm really keen to learn here.

You can use the wowstick manually as well as electronicly and in manual mode you get much better torque they you did with the silly supplied screwdriver.
2023-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2-12 02:46
I never heard about the Wowstick, so I googled it. Wow - what an amazing tool. Made by Xiaomi, that means excellent quality. I want one!

Keep an eye on Aliexpress they come up frequently on special deals and very cheap compared to the likes of Amazon.
2023-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just checked my wow stick and Im using the PH0 bit the last time I did Mini3 props.
2023-2-12
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

DAFlys Posted at 2-12 03:19
I just checked my wow stick and Im using the PH0 bit the last time I did Mini3 props.

Yes, DJI recommends using PH0 bit on the propeller.
2023-2-12
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

DAFlys Posted at 2-12 03:14
Keep an eye on Aliexpress they come up frequently on special deals and very cheap compared to the likes of Amazon.

I found an original Wowstick 1f-Pro 64 on ebay for USD 25. Free shipping worldwide.
But beware - there are some copies around.
2023-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the wowstick years back to use on small screw heads on mobile devices, laptops, etc.  I now have the 1F model with 56 different size bits.  The PH0 is the one that fits the Mini 3 Pro prop screws the best.  I got my original set on Aliexpress but got the 1F on a black Friday sale on Amazon.  You'll find it to be a good investment and very handy tool.
2023-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2-12 03:38
I found an original Wowstick 1f-Pro 64 on ebay for USD 25. Free shipping worldwide.
But beware - there are some copies around.

Thats about what I paid in the Aliexpress sale for the 1F pro bundle.
2023-2-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everytime I log in here y'all cost me some money.  darn.  : )
2023-2-12
Use props
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

Ok, thank you all for your input and the Wowstick certainly seems to tick all the boxes, although I was originally hoping for a simple answer/suggestion for a manual driver + replaceable tip.

I'm guessing then that most manufacturers have slightly different interpretations on what the correct profile/size is of a PH0, 00, 000 or 0000, and therefore it's a bit of a lottery to get the right one, and of course it's better to buy a well known or established brand if possible, but ultimately it's up to the individual to carefully check for the best tip profile to fit, and not damage these small screws.

Thanks again and I'll now do some ordering. (;->
2023-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-12 04:15
Everytime I log in here y'all cost me some money.  darn.  : )

You gotta get that wowstick Tony.  Well worth it.  
2023-2-13
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

_alvin_ Posted at 2-12 12:13
Ok, thank you all for your input and the Wowstick certainly seems to tick all the boxes, although I was originally hoping for a simple answer/suggestion for a manual driver + replaceable tip.

I'm guessing then that most manufacturers have slightly different interpretations on what the correct profile/size is of a PH0, 00, 000 or 0000, and therefore it's a bit of a lottery to get the right one, and of course it's better to buy a well known or established brand if possible, but ultimately it's up to the individual to carefully check for the best tip profile to fit, and not damage these small screws.

A high quality PH0 screwdriver is in link below.

https://www.wihatools.com/produc ... ampaign=sag_organic
2023-2-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-13 04:14
You gotta get that wowstick Tony.  Well worth it.

ordered and received!  Thank you!
2023-2-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Best fit i found was a JIS.  Better than the PH 00/000s
2023-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-16 16:19
ordered and received!  Thank you!

It is one very handy tool.  I keep it in  my drone case but pull it out often for other uses.  
2023-2-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Couple of pieces that came with it, I am not familiar with.  

Ok, when I took the picture could finally read it is a magnetizer/demagnetizer.  Never have done that with screws.  How is this used?
2023-2-17
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

TonyPHX Posted at 2-17 08:06
Couple of pieces that came with it, I am not familiar with.  [view_image]

Ok, when I took the picture could finally read it is a magnetizer/demagnetizer.  Never have done that with screws.  How is this used?

When the bit is magnetized it will hold the screw to the bit, making it easier to place the screw in tight places.
The demagnetizer does just that - removes the magnetism from the bit.
2023-2-17
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

gnirtS Posted at 2-16 17:42

JIS is a Japanese standard, widely used in Japan-made cameras and lenses. It is rarely used outside Japan, and DJI has confirmed that the propeller screws are standard Phillips PH0.
2023-2-17
Use props
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2-17 08:30
When the bit is magnetized it will hold the screw to the bit, making it easier to place the screw in tight places.
The demagnetizer does just that - removes the magnetism from the bit.
Yes, absolutely correct, the magentiser/demagnetiser is a really great little thingy to have. Many a time you've either dropped a screw inside something, or you want to hold it in place on the head of the screwdriver as you locate and screw it in, and a magenetised screwdriver will do both, ie, pick it up, or hold it in place.
With the magentiser/demagnetiser you usually (depending on the design) either stroke the screwdriver against the magnetising edge and then do the job, and after (again depending on the design) demagnetise the screwdriver so it's not constantly sticking to things or making other tools magnetic.

A really handy magnetic on/off switch for tools.
2023-2-17
Use props
Warren Ballard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17923 ft
United States

I have found some bits in the commonly purchased kits are not well cut, adding to some of the confusion.  Trial and error with higher quality bits in the PH000 to PH0 will help you find one that works well.
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_fsZVXz8jrsXq
lvl.1

United States

PH000 dos not fit well. But PH0000. Unfortunately, you cannot buy PH0000 as a stand alone unit, but some kits contain the PH0000. Otherwise, JIS # 00 is the ideal fit.
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_fsZVXz8jrsXq
lvl.1

United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2-17 08:33
JIS is a Japanese standard, widely used in Japan-made cameras and lenses. It is rarely used outside Japan, and DJI has confirmed that the propeller screws are standard Phillips PH0.

This is not true. PH0 will not fit at all, only PH0000
2023-9-16
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

gnirtS Posted at 2-16 17:42

I will also try to get a JIS screwdriver, the Mini 3 Pro screws do not look like PH screws
PH JIS.jpg
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_fsZVXz8jrsXq
lvl.1

United States

PH0000 worked like a charm, but not the PH000. Heard JIS # 00 is the ideal fit
2023-9-16
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I have now received the 64-piece IFIXIT kit and made my first propeller change on the two front propeller pairs. I tried to find the best bit and finally decided on the JIS00 and was able to loosen all 4 screws. With 2 screws it took a lot more force. With the DJI PH0 screwdriver supplied, it was not possible to loosen them without risking damaging the screws ! - I find these small screws on the Mini 3 Pro an ordeal and a mistake. The other systems without these mini screws seem to me to be by far the better solution. DJI should improve on this with the Mini 3 Pro: use other, higher quality and more precise screws and perhaps not include Phillips screws and a better screwdriver.

I even had a problem with a rotor blade where the NEW screws could not be fully screwed in because there was a lot of resistance ! - So for one of these cases I had to resort to the original screw i had taken out. I can only assume that the new screws were not manufactured cleanly or had too much "loc substance" applied - In any case, I was very disappointed that this happened - So far I would recommend the following bits => PH0 & PH00 / JIS0 & JIS00 although I can't say for sure which bit of the four is the best choice. It's very hard to see which one fits best in the small cross because everything is so small that even with a magnifying glass I couldn't see it clearly enough.
2023-9-19
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

For those in the US, this seems like a pretty good deal for a Wowstick 62 in 1. $20 coupon brings it down to $30. Not sure how long the coupon will last.

2023-9-19
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

For those in the US, this seems like a pretty good deal for a  Wowstick ...

Unfortunately, none of the Wowstick has the JIS bits in the set which is a miss

And for me, the JIS00 bit fits best in the cross slot for the Mini 3 Pro until now

2023-9-20
Use props
djiuser_84IYItoSCbZH
lvl.2

Canada

Space Dream Posted at 2023-9-20 00:38
For those in the US, this seems like a pretty good deal for a  Wowstick ...

Unfortunately, none of the Wowstick has the JIS bits in the set which is a miss

Wera PH000 worked for me.Model number 345290..A quality driver is key here
2050 PH 000 X 40 MM Screwdriver for Philips Screws : Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement
1-5 16:32
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

The best bit is J00 (JIS) hands down. The tool delivered with the drone has much less grip. The Ifixit J00 works best as earlier mentioned.
1-6 02:40
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules