DJI Mini 2 get Image of drone to laptop during flight
2452 7 2023-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NinjaDrone_
New

Germany

Hey there,
I'm new to the Mini 2 and wanted to ask if/how  it's possible to receive the photos/videos of my drone on my Laptop  during the flight.
Also: Is it possible to get the coordinates of the drone while flight/in real-time?
I use my Iphone to fly it, but I also wanna see the view of my drone on my Laptop!
Kind regards!

2023-2-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could rtsp stream from fly app.  You would need to :
1.  Drone controller be internet connecteed
2.  Stream to an RTSP server.
3.  From laptop view the stream.

Even with aggressive HLS settings you will notice that you will have up to a ten second delay, so it is near real time, but I would not try to use it to make guidance decisions.
2023-2-12
Use props
NinjaDrone_
New

Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 2-12 11:20

Hey,
thanks for the idea, yes I also thought about that but if I just want to get the gps-coordinates of the drone I would need a great internet connection for that (which is not always the case). Is there another way to get the Coordinates of the drone?
2023-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you fly with a device that supports HDMI out you could connect that to your laptop for real time visibility.    As for the drone location I dont think thats possible with the DJI Fly app or any of the 3rd party apps Ive used.
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. There are currently no official methods to output the live feed of a DJI Mini 2 to a laptop or computer. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you can get recommendations from your co-users here. Regarding the coordinates, it is stored in the photo’s EXIF information for pictures. Please note that the information is for a single photo-taking point. If Video Captions are enabled, you can export the coordinate data with the videos at the recording time. Please note that the data covers the entire video recording process. It is not possible to export the GPS coordinate data during the entire flight period. If needed to perform aerial surveying or mapping, we recommend you purchase products from the “Enterprise” category on the DJI official website. Should you have other inquiries, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-2-14
Use props
FlyRoute
lvl.1
Flight distance : 793694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've only had any luck with this while utilizing a Smart Controller or RC Pro Controller. I suggest starting there.
2023-2-14
Use props
peteredoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204140 ft
Canada

Late to the party here but with Eagle Eyes Scan: https://www.eagleeyessearch.com/scan you can stream the live video to your laptop via RTMP-network stream or with HDMI output (if your controller has one) (disclaimer - am author).  For that you need an HDMI Capture card.  If you want coordinates in real time, apps like Litchi https://flylitchi.com/ or Eagle Eyes Pilot https://www.eagleeyessearch.com/#pilot can show you those on your mobile device.  So far I don't know a good way to stream live coordinates to the laptop.
2023-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

TonyPHX Posted at 2-12 11:20

never heard, what is it?
2023-7-17