Problem Video lenght max 5 minutes
3758 8 2023-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vasto90
New
Italy

Hi
if i need to record a video for long time (for example 10 mins), the cam create 2 separate video of 5mins.
I haven't found anything configuration that block the recording. I don't know if with particular video configuration (4k 30fps) the cam has a limit lenght.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you
2023-2-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The camera records unlimited, it creates 4gb file sizes at a time limit,  there are no settings to  place on with a fat-32 system in place, as other cameras can  record longer and save the same  4gb, and or record longer to unlimited, not DJI,  /

FISH
2023-2-13
Use props
Vasto90
New
Italy

Fishycomics Posted at 2-13 03:47
The camera records unlimited, it creates 4gb file sizes at a time limit,  there are no settings to  place on with a fat-32 system in place, as other cameras can  record longer and save the same  4gb, and or record longer to unlimited, not DJI,  /

FISH

then arrived at 4gb creates a file (regardless of its duration) without stopping recording?
if i reduce the resolution (example) i will have the same file 4gb but longer?
2023-2-13
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

use codec 264 4k  25fps rs+=7min

camera dont stop  you need a video editor and put the files together

your cut  free version is easy with Smartphones

light cut also ok
2023-2-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Vasto90 Posted at 2-13 04:06
then arrived at 4gb creates a file (regardless of its duration) without stopping recording?
if i reduce the resolution (example) i will have the same file 4gb but longer?

each resolution may differ in time, you will need to run a video test  to see the actual times.

As  what Lutzmix and others like me do. if I go over the time, happy it records, . I go back to my Laptop, and edit.
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Vasto90. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. This is due to the video-splitting mechanism for Osmo Action Series. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will not stop but a new file will be generated when the video file reaches 4GB. We suggest editing the videos to stitch them together. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-13
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
United States

Just do it in post.
2023-2-16
Use props
Captgeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1195472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why though?  I use a Insta360 oneRS regularly and it can do a single file of greater length.  Is it just DJI limiting this?  My SD card in my M3 is formatted in exFAT so it has to be DJI limiting.
2023-9-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well DJI  given us a larger cap on the OA4 , as Insta is pleasing hte customer, Maybe they  can  have a  person in their spare time head over to the OA3 and update the firmwre to allow that.
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules