Air 2s battery unresponsive during SW update
821 9 2023-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ww9z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21772 ft
United States

I have one Air 2s battery that became unresponsive yesterday during a firmware update. There was enough on the battery to complete the update. I changed the battery out when the update stopped saying it lost communication. The update finished. The battery has two opposing solid LEDs. I put it back on the charger and waited. Nothing changed.  I have very little flying time on the unit or all three batteries.

Air2s battery unresponsive

Air2s battery unresponsive
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If the light indicators show like the pictures, it indicates that the battery failed to update the firmware. You are advised to insert it into the  aircraft and then refresh the firmware by using DJI Assistant 2 again.
2023-2-13
Use props
ww9z
lvl.1
United States

Ok I'll try that. Per my post,  I was able to finish the update with a different battery. I'll make sure the battery in question is charged and put in the battery in question back in the aircraft and perform a firmware refresh.
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ww9z Posted at 2-14 13:57
Ok I'll try that. Per my post,  I was able to finish the update with a different battery. I'll make sure the battery in question is charged and put in the battery in question back in the aircraft and perform a firmware refresh.

Thanks for your reply, please let us know if your problem still exists.
2023-2-14
Use props
ww9z
lvl.1
United States

Problem resolved. There were a couple more updates that I performed and that cleared the battery indicators.

Seperate question:
Why is it now required for me to log into my  account to be unrestricted in flying?
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ww9z Posted at 2-16 15:11
Problem resolved. There were a couple more updates that I performed and that cleared the battery indicators.

Seperate question:

Out of fly safety considerations, we recommend you log into your DJI account to fly the drone. Besides, you can only upload flight records after logging into your account.
2023-2-17
Use props
ww9z
lvl.1
United States

Where are those fly records being stored and where are they being forwarded to?
This seems a little too intrusive and restrictive.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ww9z Posted at 3-1 17:33
Where are those fly records being stored and where are they being forwarded to?
This seems a little too intrusive and restrictive.

Thanks for your update.
The flight records are generated in the App of your phone as .txt documents and stored under the FlightRecord file folder in the app catalog. Only when you choose to upload the flight record, it will be uploaded to DJI's cloud.
The purpose of doing this is to fly safely.
Thanks for your understanding.
2023-3-2
Use props
ww9z
lvl.1
United States

Understand. That helps. Thank you.
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ww9z Posted at 3-2 07:20
Understand. That helps. Thank you.

You're welcome. Glad to know it helps. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules