Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote ID Module
5318 25 2023-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any Remote ID options for this old dog?
2023-2-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I wouldn't bother with it 'til July. The prices and availability should be good by then.
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bob Brown. Thank you for reaching out. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct an evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-2-13
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 20:23
Hi, Bob Brown. Thank you for reaching out. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct an evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Are you saying that it might be possible that remote ID can be enabled on this old drone via a firmware update? I am under the assumption that this drone will require a seperate module attached to the external shell to make this happen. (I am just trying to prepare for Sept 23, 2023 ahead of time.)
2023-2-14
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know if Mavic pro will require an external RID module or is it built in already?
2023-2-15
Use props
IATF1
New

United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2-14 04:41
Are you saying that it might be possible that remote ID can be enabled on this old drone via a firmware update? I am under the assumption that this drone will require a seperate module attached to the external shell to make this happen. (I am just trying to prepare for Sept 23, 2023 ahead of time.)

We have a Matrice 210 and we are in the same boat.  Seems like there is very little (and confusing) info out there with a rather short window for implementation.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bob Brown Posted at 2-14 04:41
Are you saying that it might be possible that remote ID can be enabled on this old drone via a firmware update? I am under the assumption that this drone will require a seperate module attached to the external shell to make this happen. (I am just trying to prepare for Sept 23, 2023 ahead of time.)

Hi, Bob Brown. Regretfully, we don't have any information about this yet. Please stay tuned to our official websites and social media accounts for further updates and announcements. Thank you for your kind understanding.  
2023-2-18
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Dji has it own Id and can follow you anyware, here is how to disable it

2023-2-22
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any suggestions yet on a Remote ID module for this bird?
2023-5-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Google is your friend
2023-5-31
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-31 11:31
Google is your friend

Not really. Not much out there. Hoping DJI comes up with something or I will just fly without. Dronetag is $300+ and a few lame lipo options but nothing affordable or worthy. Disappointed that there are not better options considering most will just ignore the bs rid regulation and fly without if viable options do not exist. FAA going to enforce it? Nope probably not.

Helpful comments welcome… “google it” is just as lame as this faa rID regulation.
2023-6-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 6-1 01:55
Not really. Not much out there. Hoping DJI comes up with something or I will just fly without. Dronetag is $300+ and a few lame lipo options but nothing affordable or worthy. Disappointed that there are not better options considering most will just ignore the bs rid regulation and fly without if viable options do not exist. FAA going to enforce it? Nope probably not.

Helpful comments welcome… “google it” is just as lame as this faa rID regulation.

Your Google-Fu is lacking. First hit is for a $39 unit. Try again.
2023-6-1
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-1 06:26
Your Google-Fu is lacking. First hit is for a $39 unit. Try again.
I saw that one and it uses a lipo battery it's pure garbage. I wouldn't use that on your drone.

If you're trying to be helpful you're not; could say you're help-fu skills suck as well. Carry on, your kind of help is not needed.

Troll much?

2023-6-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 6-2 01:49
I saw that one and it uses a lipo battery it's pure garbage. I wouldn't use that on your drone.

If you're trying to be helpful you're not; could say you're help-fu skills suck as well. Carry on, your kind of help is not needed.

Look, the battery in your drone is a LiPo. What;s the problem or are you just stoopid?
2023-6-2
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-2 06:38
Look, the battery in your drone is a LiPo. What;s the problem or are you just stoopid?

Child. Bug off.
2023-6-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

there is an additional step to introducing an rid module on the market and that is faa certification.  doesn't help much unless you get your module approved.  perhaps there are several dozen modules just waiting to get approved and hopefully by the end of the summer, the market will be flooded with viable alternatives.  there really isn't a hurry to get them out considering you don't necessarily have to buy an external module on day one and a big chuck of drones are already compliant.  as you mentioned, authorities are not going to super enforce on day one and flyers who don't immediately comply doesn't mean they won't get around to it later this year (meaning modules manufacturers are not up against a hard deadline).  let's allow the bs module to get some traction, have a few reviews to see how easy/hard, and distribute from america....and we can go from there.
2023-6-2
Use props
Tizzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307247 ft

United States

Here's my guess.  It's just a guess and worth about what it cost you.  The Platinum was the last approval I saw listed.  Mavic Pro and Platinum are pretty close.  My guess is that dji can easily activate Remote ID on the Pro.  Just a guess.
2023-6-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

That escalated quickly.  I mean, that really got out of hand.
2023-6-4
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Dronetag DroneTag BS
2023-6-28
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Tizzy Posted at 6-4 08:51
Here's my guess.  It's just a guess and worth about what it cost you.  The Platinum was the last approval I saw listed.  Mavic Pro and Platinum are pretty close.  My guess is that dji can easily activate Remote ID on the Pro.  Just a guess.

DJI will not provide DJI Care Refresh for the Pro or Pro Platinum, they enabled RID on the Platinum due to number or them yet my Mavic 2 drones cost more but are being kicked to the curb.  
2023-6-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tizzy Posted at 6-4 08:51
Here's my guess.  It's just a guess and worth about what it cost you.  The Platinum was the last approval I saw listed.  Mavic Pro and Platinum are pretty close.  My guess is that dji can easily activate Remote ID on the Pro.  Just a guess.

Looks like FAA Rescinded the Mavic Pro Platinum.. not much hope for RID on the Mavic Pro. (@ 6:47)

2023-7-14
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks like Remote ID is a flop. As with most FAA / US government controlled regulations, the FAA dropped the ball on this one.  I am still unable to find an affordable solution ($35?) for an all in one stick it on and fly remote ID module.  Amazon is dry of any such solution, as with most websites have solder on board solutions but no such external RID module.

Dronetag has a $200+ but always on backorder.
>> FAA simply dropped the ball on this.
2023-8-29
Use props
Tizzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307247 ft

United States

This may be a better option for an aftermarket RID module:

https://www.spektrumrc.com/produ ... odule/SPMA9500.html
2023-10-1
Use props
fans4739cacf
New
Flight distance : 216171 ft
United States

Is there a DJI support page listing plans/status of Remote ID for each of their current and past drones?  It would be nice if there was clear guidance on this.  Things like "Mavic Pro - End of Life, No Remote ID", "Mini 3 Pro - Fully supported", "Mini 4 Pro - Pending FAA certification" or whatever.  The comments I've found on Reddit and here avoid making definitive statements.  Come on DJI, you can do better.  For us old timers, it would be nice if you could partner with some external Remote ID manufacturers and then cross-promote their units.
2023-10-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4739cacf Posted at 10-8 10:25
Is there a DJI support page listing plans/status of Remote ID for each of their current and past drones?  It would be nice if there was clear guidance on this.  Things like "Mavic Pro - End of Life, No Remote ID", "Mini 3 Pro - Fully supported", "Mini 4 Pro - Pending FAA certification" or whatever.  The comments I've found on Reddit and here avoid making definitive statements.  Come on DJI, you can do better.  For us old timers, it would be nice if you could partner with some external Remote ID manufacturers and then cross-promote their units.

It is different to make definitive statements because it is hard to predict what will happen in the future and what changes are coming.  DJI wants to avoid making commitments but they are able to share with you a few of their plans here:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293343
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans4739cacf Posted at 10-8 10:25
Is there a DJI support page listing plans/status of Remote ID for each of their current and past drones?  It would be nice if there was clear guidance on this.  Things like "Mavic Pro - End of Life, No Remote ID", "Mini 3 Pro - Fully supported", "Mini 4 Pro - Pending FAA certification" or whatever.  The comments I've found on Reddit and here avoid making definitive statements.  Come on DJI, you can do better.  For us old timers, it would be nice if you could partner with some external Remote ID manufacturers and then cross-promote their units.

Hi there. In addition to the response of The Saint above, you may also see the Remote ID Compliance FAQ using this link https://forum.dji.com/thread-277548-1-1.html . If you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules