16158 21 2023-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5159026 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not too sure if this was addressed already. I tried doing a search of the post and didn't find one that answered this question.
Is it possible to pair your DJI RC to work with multiple drone?

i.e. one controller where you can switch from one compatible drone to another.

Thank you

High Desert Pilot
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To answer your question, you may use your DJI RC to multiple compatible aircraft, but it must be connected one at a time. If you need to switch to another drone, you must link them first. Moreover, you may be prompted to update the firmware when you change the aircraft, so it will be compatible with the drone. We hope this clarifies your concern. Should you have further inquiries, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-13
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Yes, you can. but not with the mini 2 or mini 1
2023-2-14
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 21:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To answer your question, you may use your DJI RC to multiple compatible aircraft, but it must be connected one at a time. If you need to switch to another drone, you must link them first. Moreover, you may be prompted to update the firmware when you change the aircraft, so it will be compatible with the drone. We hope this clarifies your concern. Should you have further inquiries, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Thank you Tony. I thought that might be the case. That you needed to remove one and link the replacement drone.

HDP
2023-2-14
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PixelPro Posted at 2-14 12:03
Yes, you can. but not with the mini 2 or mini 1

Can the Mini SE link to the DJI RC (I'm pending receiving the DJI RC soon, so I haven't tried it yet.)
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HD Pilot Posted at 2-14 12:34
Thank you Tony. I thought that might be the case. That you needed to remove one and link the replacement drone.

HDP

We're glad to be of assistance. Have a nice day!
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HD Pilot Posted at 2-14 12:36
Can the Mini SE link to the DJI RC (I'm pending receiving the DJI RC soon, so I haven't tried it yet.)

The DJI RC is currently only compatible with the DJI Air 2S, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mini 3 Pro, and the DJI Mini 3. It is not compatible with the DJI Mini SE. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you need further clarification. Take care!
2023-2-14
Use props
rblim
lvl.1
United States

If I have two mini 3 pro aircraft (one as a traveling spare) and I unbind the 1st one and then bind the 2nd one?  If so with DJI Refresh automatically bind too?   ( I purchased DJI Refresh for both drones.)  Thank You
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rblim Posted at 5-2 16:50
If I have two mini 3 pro aircraft (one as a traveling spare) and I unbind the 1st one and then bind the 2nd one?  If so with DJI Refresh automatically bind too?   ( I purchased DJI Refresh for both drones.)  Thank You

Hi, rblim. Thanks for reaching out. Are both drones using their remote controllers? If yes, are each bound to its respective aircraft? Or, do you only have one remote controller for both? If it's the latter, then you must do the unbinding/binding process if you need to use the remote controller on another aircraft. If they both have their own, then it should be bound to their aircraft. The most important thing is you bind the remote controller you use to the aircraft in every flight to ensure the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Coverage will take effect. Please let us know should you have other further clarification. Thank you.
2023-5-2
Use props
rblim
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-2 21:53
Hi, rblim. Thanks for reaching out. Are both drones using their remote controllers? If yes, are each bound to its respective aircraft? Or, do you only have one remote controller for both? If it's the latter, then you must do the unbinding/binding process if you need to use the remote controller on another aircraft. If they both have their own, then it should be bound to their aircraft. The most important thing is you bind the remote controller you use to the aircraft in every flight to ensure the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Coverage will take effect. Please let us know should you have other further clarification. Thank you.

I have only one RC controller for both mini 3 pro aircraft.  The second mini 3 pro is a 'traveling' spare in case something happens to the first while I'm away from home.  I just wanted to understand how to keep DJI refresh active on the drone I currently plan to fly.   So if I understood you correctly, to switch aircraft I would first have to unbind the first one.   Does the aircraft have to be connected to the RC Controller to unbind, or can the unbind process be done just from the RC Controller?   
One the 1st aircraft unbinding is complete I would power down aircraft #1 and then power up aircraft #2 and wait for the RC to recognize it and then complete the binding process to aircraft #2. I just need to make sure that what ever aircraft is flying is properly bound to the RC controller for DJI Refresh to active.  
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rblim Posted at 5-3 10:31
I have only one RC controller for both mini 3 pro aircraft.  The second mini 3 pro is a 'traveling' spare in case something happens to the first while I'm away from home.  I just wanted to understand how to keep DJI refresh active on the drone I currently plan to fly.   So if I understood you correctly, to switch aircraft I would first have to unbind the first one.   Does the aircraft have to be connected to the RC Controller to unbind, or can the unbind process be done just from the RC Controller?   
One the 1st aircraft unbinding is complete I would power down aircraft #1 and then power up aircraft #2 and wait for the RC to recognize it and then complete the binding process to aircraft #2. I just need to make sure that what ever aircraft is flying is properly bound to the RC controller for DJI Refresh to active.

Thanks for the added details. To clarify, the remote controller is the one that needs to be unbound. And yes, to manually unbind, the aircraft must be connected to the RC. And the rest are all correct. We hope this clarifies your concern.
2023-5-6
Use props
rblim
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-6 02:52
Thanks for the added details. To clarify, the remote controller is the one that needs to be unbound. And yes, to manually unbind, the aircraft must be connected to the RC. And the rest are all correct. We hope this clarifies your concern.

THANK YOU !!  I value the information you've provided, very helpful.  Have A Great Day!
2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rblim Posted at 5-8 18:22
THANK YOU !!  I value the information you've provided, very helpful.  Have A Great Day!

You are most welcome. Have a nice day!
2023-5-13
Use props
djiuser_jnbvU31OqK9D
New

United States

Hi, tony. I have a question. I have a mini 3 pro with rc2 which is the one with the screen on the remote. I  was wondering if i can still use that on the new dji air 3 and buy the standard package with the rc n2? I trying to say im not trying to spend more on a remote that i already have on my mini 3 pro, if i can just blind it to the new air 3?
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_LDudjm8zG4vM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi the RC for Mini 3 pro won't work with the Air 3. The Air 3 uses the RC 2 which is  with the Ocusyc 4 transmission. The new mini 4 pro and Air 3 use the same controller and will be inter changeable
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jnbvU31OqK9D Posted at 7-25 11:22
Hi, tony. I have a question. I have a mini 3 pro with rc2 which is the one with the screen on the remote. I  was wondering if i can still use that on the new dji air 3 and buy the standard package with the rc n2? I trying to say im not trying to spend more on a remote that i already have on my mini 3 pro, if i can just blind it to the new air 3?

Hi there. Sorry about the late response. I was not notified. djiuser_LDudjm8zG4vM is correct. The DJI RC-2 and RC-N2 currently do not support the Mini 3 Pro but can support the new Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro. If you're talking about the DJI RC that was bought with the Mini 3 Pro, the DJI RC is also not yet compatible with the Air 3. Please select the "Reply" button below this post for me to get notified if you have further inquiries. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_TRzxZ4bm2ZiS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 525279 ft
Denmark

Im using the RC-N2 with my Air 3 and Mini 4 P. Everytime I switch between the two, it prompts me to update the controller firmware.

It's a pain in the b... !  

2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_TRzxZ4bm2ZiS Posted at 10-15 22:24
Im using the RC-N2 with my Air 3 and Mini 4 P. Everytime I switch between the two, it prompts me to update the controller firmware.

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. Though the Air 3 and the Mini 4 Pro use the same remote controller, their corresponding compatible firmware is not the same version. When switching to another model, it will detect the corresponding model again. If the firmware version does not match, an update prompt will appear. I will refer your feedback to the related team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-16
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_TRzxZ4bm2ZiS Posted at 10-15 22:24

That sounds normal.. I get that same message every time I switch drones on the RC 1
2023-10-16
Use props
mikeg007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87241 ft

United Kingdom

Please help, I have a Mini 3 pro and Mavic 3 Classic, Both are bond on my account, I use Both the RC2 and Integra goggles, when I change drones it always comes up as unbound, even changing drones in the menu. I need to go back to the RC2 to change drones then go back to the Integra to allow me to fly and sometimes this does not work, having to bind between Google and Drone, what im I doing wrong, Thanks for your help. Mike
3-16 10:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mikeg007 Posted at 3-16 10:33
Please help, I have a Mini 3 pro and Mavic 3 Classic, Both are bond on my account, I use Both the RC2 and Integra goggles, when I change drones it always comes up as unbound, even changing drones in the menu. I need to go back to the RC2 to change drones then go back to the Integra to allow me to fly and sometimes this does not work, having to bind between Google and Drone, what im I doing wrong, Thanks for your help. Mike

Hello, Mike. Thank you for reaching out. When using the drone with the DJI Goggles Integra and DJI RC Motion 2, the goggles can be regarded as a remote controller therefore, when the aircraft is bound to a standard RC (DJI RC or DJI RC-N1) it is normal that it will prompt you to change the bound device. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly. Hope this helps.
3-16 22:34
Use props
djiuser_wRJhGfOKR85a
lvl.1

United States

I use a DJI RC for my Air 2s.  Only issue I have is that I can't live stream with that remote so I have to use my RC231 in order to live stream through the fly app on my phone.  When I pair the other controller I get a message asking if I want to bind the remote to the aircraft.  I'm also being shown that if I were to bind the RC231 to the aircraft then I would lose my care refresh.  So if I cancel I receive a message displaying that I can fly the aircraft using the remote 4 times without binding the remote to the aircraft.  What can I do?  Wish the RC controller would work with 3rd party apps, and allow live stream.  I can't afford to lose the care refresh coverage, and I will be needing to do live streaming of local races throughout the summer.
4-17 18:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules