New DJL Mini 2
548 13 2023-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnboy1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Good afternoon everyone.

I am new here and I am going to be purchasing a Mini 2 very soon. Any recomendations where to purchase it from ? I am in Northern Ireland it seems like Argos has the best price at £549.00 for the combo kit. Would appreciate any other suggestions and thanks
2023-2-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best make it clear that N.I. is not Eire, otherwise you may get recommendations for the republic.

Have you thought of going second hand via ebay? If you do BE CERTAIN to ensure that any "bindings" are undone. You will need to google binding, bound drone etc. .
If you are going to an Argos store then fine but if you are thinking of buying via the internet then look at Amazon as well.
2023-2-15
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I would get it directly from DJI. Worked great for me.
2023-2-15
Use props
Johnboy1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PixelPro Posted at 2-15 13:19
I would get it directly from DJI. Worked great for me.

Morning ! Thanks I am going to go through DJL direct as the pricing is the same. I prefer to support the actual vendor. Looking forward to getting it and my first flight. Thanks for the information
2023-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive bought my three drones from Argos,  nothing but great service from them.  And you can use up your nectar points if you collect them.
2023-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnboy1912 Posted at 2-15 22:58
Morning ! Thanks I am going to go through DJL direct as the pricing is the same. I prefer to support the actual vendor. Looking forward to getting it and my first flight. Thanks for the information

You're going to love the Mini 2.  
2023-2-16
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Look forward to seeing what you shoot with it... Be sure to share your work here

A friend and I did a bike trip around Ireland (NI and Republic) about 15 years ago and I wish I'd had the camera and drone kit available then that I do now!
2023-2-16
Use props
Johnboy1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 01:02
Ive bought my three drones from Argos,  nothing but great service from them.  And you can use up your nectar points if you collect them.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately as of now none of the local Argos stores have any in stock and I am waiting to hear back from them how long.
2023-2-16
Use props
Johnboy1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-16 05:20
Look forward to seeing what you shoot with it... Be sure to share your work here

A friend and I did a bike trip around Ireland (NI and Republic) about 15 years ago and I wish I'd had the camera and drone kit available then that I do now!

Thanks for the response. I will definitely share some shots. My wife and I are big into hiking and the drone will get a lot of use. We hike in Tollymore forest park a lot. That’s where Game of Thrones was filmed. Many great trails and Mountain View’s. We also hike the Mountains of Mourne which are about 4 miles away. Some amazing views there. Can’t wait to get the drone. The only other thing I will need to get is a operator ID which it’s only £10.00 per year
2023-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnboy1912 Posted at 2-16 06:08
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately as of now none of the local Argos stores have any in stock and I am waiting to hear back from them how long.

I checked here and the nearest store with one is 37 miles away but for £3.95 they will deliver it.
2023-2-16
Use props
Johnboy1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 06:30
I checked here and the nearest store with one is 37 miles away but for £3.95 they will deliver it.

Thanks. What’s the post code of the store?
2023-2-16
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Johnboy1912 Posted at 2-16 06:13
Thanks for the response. I will definitely share some shots. My wife and I are big into hiking and the drone will get a lot of use. We hike in Tollymore forest park a lot. That’s where Game of Thrones was filmed. Many great trails and Mountain View’s. We also hike the Mountains of Mourne which are about 4 miles away. Some amazing views there. Can’t wait to get the drone. The only other thing I will need to get is a operator ID which it’s only £10.00 per year
You're teasing me now!  

And good to hear you've looked into the legal requirements as well.... Good for you for trouble free flying and good for the rest of us as the more who fly within the law the less likely we'll be clamped down on.
2023-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnboy1912 Posted at 2-16 08:43
Thanks. What’s the post code of the store?

It was.  CB9 7YL but you can press the happy to travel button and it will tell you where stock is.
2023-2-16
Use props
Johnboy1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Johnboy1912 Posted at 2-16 06:13

I am kinda stuck here. Been watching some YouTube videos on mini 2 and mini 3. Was wondering if the mini 3 is worth the £120.00 more ? Thoughts ?
2023-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules