Camera off-centre
934 12 2023-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodderstrott
lvl.1

United Kingdom

On my mavic pro, my gimbal appears to be off-centre, or drone is flying with yaw misaligned. First photo I'm flying in a straight line to the red arrow. I performed a gimbal and imu calibration, now it appears to be offset in the opposite direction and even worse, see second photo. There doesn't appear to be any manual adjustments I can make, only gimbal roll. Any ideas?

First photo

First photo

Second Photo

Second Photo

2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try the troubleshooting steps below and see if the issue persists.

1. Remove the micro SD card from the aircraft.
2. Place the aircraft in a stable status and restart it.
3. Ensure that the aircraft is not in S mode when flying.
4. Calibrate the gimbal via DJI Go 4 app.
5. Connect your DJI Mavic Pro to DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists. You may download the correct software on this link https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2

Please keep us posted on the result of the test so we can help you further. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-15 19:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try the troubleshooting steps below and see if the issue persists.

1. Remove the micro SD card from the aircraft.

Hi Paladin,

Just curious, why remove a SD card for this issue ?  what is the story behind this ??

cheers
JJB
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 2-16 01:52
Hi Paladin,

Just curious, why remove a SD card for this issue ?  what is the story behind this ??

Hello, JJB. Thank you for reaching out. The SD card sometimes affects the gimbal or some functions also this is the main factor to check as well in relation to this issue. Hope this clarifies your concern. Thank you for always choosing DJI.
2023-2-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 03:32
Hello, JJB. Thank you for reaching out. The SD card sometimes affects the gimbal or some functions also this is the main factor to check as well in relation to this issue. Hope this clarifies your concern. Thank you for always choosing DJI.

Hi,

well, it is not a clarification just other words used.
If a SD card affects gimbal behaviour i get serious worries about this....

cheers
JJB
2023-2-16
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Firstly, you need to know if the issue is with the drone not flying straight, or the camera. It is very easy, fly forwards and look at the drone in the sky, see how it is flying. Alright, if the drone is flying straight, then ti is the gimbal. Calibrate the gimbal in GO4 settings.

I cannot tell you where exactly the menu is as I don't own any drone with Go4 compatibility.
However, I can remember that once I was flying with a friend of mine, we were testing his Mavic 1 Pro and the camera was off, then we calibrated the camera and it worked well.
2023-2-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

JJB* Posted at 2-16 04:00
Hi,

It is indeed very worrying.  I can not make the link between SD card and attitude of the gimbal.
2023-2-16
Use props
rodderstrott
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 2-16 05:34
Firstly, you need to know if the issue is with the drone not flying straight, or the camera. It is very easy, fly forwards and look at the drone in the sky, see how it is flying. Alright, if the drone is flying straight, then ti is the gimbal. Calibrate the gimbal in GO4 settings.

I cannot tell you where exactly the menu is as I don't own any drone with Go4 compatibility.

Thanks, I'll try and assess the drone flying straight on my next flight, I'm not sure how easy it will be to see, but I'll give it a go, thanks
2023-2-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try posting a screen recording with the radar showing.
2023-2-16
Use props
rodderstrott
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-16 12:42
Try posting a screen recording with the radar showing.
I've just watched a few videos on this and it looks like it could help. I've had a play with the drone sitting on a tiled floor, and the camera does seem aligned correctly, so I do think the issue it more likely the yaw is offset when flying in a straight line/using RTH.
I'll have a play with this on my next flight, and try and add a recording, thanks for your help.
2023-2-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not fly a straight line flight over an appreciable distance, say 400m to 500m, and then post the light log.
The log records the headings of the drone and gimbal and in a straight line flight they should surely be more or less the same.  

Assuming things are similar to the Mavic 2 Pro, if you can pan the Mavic Pro's gimbal then set one of the function buttons to tilt the gimbal up/down between vertical and horizontal. With the M2P/Z, pressing that button centres a gimbal that has been 'panned'.
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 2-16 04:00
Hi,

We appreciate your response, JJB. Please feel free to use your units. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

rodderstrott Posted at 2-16 12:27
Thanks, I'll try and assess the drone flying straight on my next flight, I'm not sure how easy it will be to see, but I'll give it a go, thanks

Please let us know the result of the test so we can help you further. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules