Gimbal overload and very loud hum
670 4 2023-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ade_therian
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I have been flying a long time and love DJI products and have always purchased them and I will use no other brand. I have had no issues with my 3 Phantoms which are in daily use teaching others to fly at all.  However I have a Mavic mini which I inherited a couple of days ago and its driving me nuts as it has a really loud hum from the gimbal and keeps coming up with a gimbal overloaded error message in all flight modes.  Now if you lightly touch the gimbal the humming stops!  The gimbal overloaded message even comes up when the drone is sat on a level surface and the blades are not spinning!  The camera is not obstructed and moves freely in all 3 directions and has no aftermarket filter fitted and the protective cover has been removed.  I have the latest updates on the controller and drone and have succesfully calibrated the IMU and compass.  However the automatic gimbal calibration will not go past 10% and I am forced to do it manualy.  I can see nothing physically wrong with the gimbal or camera.  Funnily enough it seems to fly ok and film fine, but as its always done this throughout my 3 days of ownership I know no different.  Please help DJI, I love this little drone but its driving me nuts!

Ade_therian
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what happens prior to the issue occurs? Did you update the firmware? Did the unit experience a hard landing? Kindly please try to connect your DJI Mavic Mini aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-2-15
Use props
Ade_therian
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-15 19:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what happens prior to the issue occurs? Did you update the firmware? Did the unit experience a hard landing? Kindly please try to connect your DJI Mavic Mini aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
Thank you for the prompt reply.  After closer inspection it seems the gimbal arm has a crack running through it and must of received a knock unknown to me at some point.  Do DJI offer a refurbished Mavic mini I can buy?
2023-2-16
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Send it in for repair.  You will likely get a refurb unit in return.  When I had to send mine in a couple years ago, the price was reasonable and the return timeframe was quite good.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ade_therian Posted at 2-16 14:17
Thank you for the prompt reply.  After closer inspection it seems the gimbal arm has a crack running through it and must of received a knock unknown to me at some point.  Do DJI offer a refurbished Mavic mini I can buy?

Thank you for your response and we're deeply sorry to know about the issue with your unit. If you wish to send it in for repair, you may click the link on my previous response above. In addition, we don't have an available DJI Mavic Mini refurbished unit on our website but you may click this link HERE for you to check the available refurbished products that we offer on your country. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules