Focus peaking sabotages screen recordings
588 13 2023-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if this is restricted to my Mini 3 Pro or not but whenever I want to record video with focus peaking turned on, my screen recordings stutter like crazy. I can even turn on focus peaking mid-flight and the screen recording will be smooth for the first half and stuttering for the second half. Anyone else see this?
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to read about the trouble encountered. May we ask for a short video showing the issue for confirmation? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-16
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-16 21:19
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to read about the trouble encountered. May we ask for a short video showing the issue for confirmation? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Yes, it seems that my screen recordings all play smoothly at around 28fps normally but they drop to a very stuttery 8-10fps when focus peaking is on, as in the clip below where peaking was turned on hafway through at 4:13.The stuttering continues right up to landing so is not distance related.

Model: MT3M3VD
FW v.01.00.0450
RC FW v.1.02.0400
Fly app v.1.9.4
FlySafe Data 01.00..01.27 and  01.00..01.28
Purchased 28/11/2022 from Dronesafe (UK)

2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

trainee Posted at 2-16 23:46
Yes, it seems that my screen recordings all play smoothly at around 28fps normally but they drop to a very stuttery 8-10fps when focus peaking is on, as in the clip below where peaking was turned on hafway through at 4:13.M3P RC peaking stutterThe stuttering continues right up to landing so is not distance related.

Thanks for the update and for sharing the requested video. This will be forwarded to our designated team for further checking. We'll update you as soon as we receive feedback. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

trainee Posted at 2-16 23:46
Yes, it seems that my screen recordings all play smoothly at around 28fps normally but they drop to a very stuttery 8-10fps when focus peaking is on, as in the clip below where peaking was turned on hafway through at 4:13.M3P RC peaking stutterThe stuttering continues right up to landing so is not distance related.

Hi there. We need to confirm more details. Does this issue also occurs on the original video or only on the image transmission during a flight? If it also occurs in the original video, kindly share a copy for further checking. If it only appears on the image transmission, please provide us with the following information for investigation:
1. DJI RC log;
2. If possible, kindly perform another test and lower the resolution of the video, turn on focus peaking, and check if the issue remains.
Please export the logs through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Connect the DJI RC to your computer, launch the software, click "Log Export," and save it. Please indicate the time and date of the accident to locate the logs.
We will be waiting for your response. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-2-20
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 20:35
Hi there. We need to confirm more details. Does this issue also occurs on the original video or only on the image transmission during a flight? If it also occurs in the original video, kindly share a copy for further checking. If it only appears on the image transmission, please provide us with the following information for investigation:
1. DJI RC log;
2. If possible, kindly perform another test and lower the resolution of the video, turn on focus peaking, and check if the issue remains.

I appreciate your help. I am not seeing the stuttering reproduced in my 4k footage. I will try to test 1080p+peaking today and hopefully upload my logs to you by 15:00GMT.
2023-2-20
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi there. We need to confirm more details. Does this issue also occurs on the original video or only on the image transmission during a flight? If it also occurs in the original video, kindly share a copy for further checking. If it only appears on the image transmission, please provide us with the following information for investigation:
1. DJI RC log;
2. If possible, kindly perform another test and lower the resolution of the video, turn on focus peaking, and check if the issue remains.

I have just completed some more tests in my back yard and can confirm that the screen stuttering happens in both 4k and 1080p, as demonstrated in my linked video.
There is also slight stuttering without peaking active but only when I turn the drone. The main 4k or 1080p footage isn't affected.
I will now try to master the log upload thing.

2023-2-21
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi there. We need to confirm more details. Does this issue also occurs on the original video or only on the image transmission during a flight? If it also occurs in the original video, kindly share a copy for further checking. If it only appears on the image transmission, please provide us with the following information for investigation:
1. DJI RC log;
2. If possible, kindly perform another test and lower the resolution of the video, turn on focus peaking, and check if the issue remains.

I have managed to download my logs to my PC but I couldn't find an invitation to send them to you via the cloud, albeit syncing is turned on in my profile settings. Should I email the file to you or attach it to a post here?
Incidentally, I downloaded in one hit about 20 logs each claiming to be around 230MB and then I went back and downloaded just one flight log. Turns out the 20-flight log is around 570MB (much smaller than advertised in Mac Flight Assistant) while the single flight log is 386MB (almost double the advertised size).
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

trainee Posted at 2-21 05:33
I have managed to download my logs to my PC but I couldn't find an invitation to send them to you via the cloud, albeit syncing is turned on in my profile settings. Should I email the file to you or attach it to a post here?
Incidentally, I downloaded in one hit about 20 logs each claiming to be around 230MB and then I went back and downloaded just one flight log. Turns out the 20-flight log is around 570MB (much smaller than advertised in Mac Flight Assistant) while the single flight log is 386MB (almost double the advertised size).

We appreciate your efforts and cooperation. We're sorry, but the video for your latest tests cannot be accessed. Kindly upload the logs and the video to this link instead. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-21
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 22:51
We appreciate your efforts and cooperation. We're sorry, but the video for your latest tests cannot be accessed. Kindly upload the logs and the video to this link instead. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Apologies - I have now corrected the hyperlink above to my video.

I've just tried uploading my files to your URL. The log filename is DJI_RC_2023-02-21_13-05-34.DAT and I included the screen recording which shows the effect of turning peaking on at 1:40. But for some reason your uploader reports that it couldn't upload the 386MB  DAT fle, even after I zipped the file. Is there a trick to get it accepted? My RC has syncing enabled so can I assume that some logs are automatically uploaded from there?
For reference, the flight in question commenced at 11:18am on 21 February and the screen recording timeline shows:

0:00 - take-off in 1080p, AF, peaking off (smooth)
1:40 - turn on peaking in 1080p, MF (stuttering)
4:12 - switch to 4K/30, peaking on (stuttering)
6:05 - turn peaking off in 4K/30 (smooth)
8:10 - turn peaking on in 4K/30 after switching from MP4 to MOV and H264 to H265 (stuttering)
9:36 - hide peaking by switching from MF to AF (smooth)
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

trainee Posted at 2-22 01:01
Apologies - I have now corrected the hyperlink above to my video.

I've just tried uploading my files to your URL. The log filename is DJI_RC_2023-02-21_13-05-34.DAT and I included the screen recording which shows the effect of turning peaking on at 1:40. But for some reason your uploader reports that it couldn't upload the 386MB  DAT fle, even after I zipped the file. Is there a trick to get it accepted? My RC has syncing enabled so can I assume that some logs are automatically uploaded from there?

We have received the videos. We appreciate the additional details. Kindly reattempt to upload the logs on the same link provided. If it still fails, kindly share it using a Google Drive link or any of your preferred shareable links instead. Thank you.
2023-2-23
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-23 00:07
We have received the videos. We appreciate the additional details. Kindly reattempt to upload the logs on the same link provided. If it still fails, kindly share it using a Google Drive link or any of your preferred shareable links instead. Thank you.

Log upload successful at 08:22GMT - filename DJI_RC_2023-02-21_13-05-34
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

trainee Posted at 2-23 00:26

Thank you. The logs have been received and forwarded for further checking. We'll keep you posted. Have a nice day!
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

trainee Posted at 2-23 00:26

Thanks for waiting. Here are some recommended troubleshooting steps you may perform:
1. Refresh or update the firmware of the remote controller and the drone.
2. Switch the image transmission mode.
3. Replace the SD card and try again.
Please keep us updated. Thank you.
2023-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules