dji rc controller touch unresponsive suddenly during recording
1734 7 2023-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nordic
lvl.2
Spain

Hello folks,

I've got the DJI Mini Pro 3 with the DJI RC controller, as far as I know I've got latest firmware version on both the drone and controller cause I haven't recently got update notice when connected to wifi.

This issue has happened several times during last few days when I am recording a video and I want to stop the video recording and switch to photo mode, all of a sudden I realize the touch input on the display does not work anymore. I have to click on the physical buttons to stop and switch to photo mode. Another time this happened when I was recording the screen of rc controller and the touch screen did not respond when I wanted to stop the recording. The most dangerous occasion was when I swiped down to increase the brightness of display and when I wanted to swipe it away the touch froze. this was EXTREMELY STRESSFUL AND DANGEROUS as I was mid flight and recording and I though I'd lost  control of the  drone as I had no way of going back to recording screen. I don't know if I clicked on power button or RTH and suddenly screen responses again. The last occasion was when I wanted to select myself on the screen for a QuickShot but it wouldn't work.

Since this has happened to me at least four times I seriously would like DJI to check if this is a known issue and if there is a fix?
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software that can be downloaded to your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of the unit to see if the issue persists. After that, have a test flight and record the operation so we can check it here on our end. You may download the software at the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_nordic
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 19:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software that can be downloaded to your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of the unit to see if the issue persists. After that, have a test flight and record the operation so we can check it here on our end. You may download the software at the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thanks DJI Paladin,

I noticed today when trying to reset the firmware that there is a newer version v01.02.0400 that I'm upgrading to now. After this I will do a test flight.

Just wondering, when you mention I record the operation, is there any specific feature I should enable so that the controller logs the fight metadata or android system events, or does it automatically log flight info which I can then extract from some location and send it to DJI?
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_nordic Posted at 2-17 08:17
Thanks DJI Paladin,

I noticed today when trying to reset the firmware that there is a newer version v01.02.0400 that I'm upgrading to now. After this I will do a test flight.

Thank you for your response. Please keep us posted with the result of the test after you did the firmware update for us to help you further. If someone asks you to record the operation, please provide a screenshot or screen recording showing the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_6RSVm7Bxbeya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2403241 ft
Dominica

I have been having the same unresponsive actions of the dji rc controller. At times the rth button isn't responding, the 3x 7x is greyed out, when I try to select and area on the screen to do a poi I couldn't tap anything.
This has me very anxious I had to manually fly back to the home point as the rth button on the screen wouldn't respond.
What is going on this is scary.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_6RSVm7Bxbeya Posted at 11-26 19:31
I have been having the same unresponsive actions of the dji rc controller. At times the rth button isn't responding, the 3x 7x is greyed out, when I try to select and area on the screen to do a poi I couldn't tap anything.
This has me very anxious I had to manually fly back to the home point as the rth button on the screen wouldn't respond.
What is going on this is scary.

Please try to clean the screen with a clean dry glass towel and perform a factory reset (Enter Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data(factory reset). You can also refresh the firmware by using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series. Have a nice day.
2023-11-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

When this unresponsive stuff happens, how is your signal to the drone?  I have found that changing video settings etc and other things does not go well when the drone is near the edge of signal strength.
2023-11-26
Use props
SourMashMick
lvl.1
United States

Did you ever get your issue figured out ? I just got my drone and remote last week and it has been doing the same. Mine freezes up before i can get off the ground. I have to restart a few times then will freeze while flying if i even try to touch anything on the screen.
2-21 12:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules