Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

From the User Manual

From the User Manual

If you have signal you decide what to do.  Bypass has been set before.
If you don't have signal and you have set Continue, what happens?
Does the drone hover until an auto RTH is triggered?
2023-2-16
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Bypass is not working in waypoint mission. In case of losing the signal with the drone and an obstacle is stopping the mission then the drone will stop the mission and the RTH of no signal will start. If there is no obstracle then it will continue the mission until it finishes and then will RTH or hover.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When flying in waypoints, the aircraft automatically takes photos on a flight path of two to five waypoints and generates a timelapse video. The aircraft can fly in order from waypoint 1 to 5 or 5 to 1 (Page 28 of the user manual).

If the remote controller signal is lost for more than six seconds, the aircraft will enter FailSafe RTH if the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is fully functioning. Please take note that the action the aircraft performs when the remote controller is lost must be set to Return to Home in DJI Fly app General Settings> Safety> Advance Safety Settings > Signal Lost. For more information about FailSafe RTH, you may visit the DJI Mavic 3 user manual on page 20 or click this link https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v2.0_en.pdf . Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-16
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 19:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When flying in waypoints, the aircraft automatically takes photos on a flight path of two to five waypoints and generates a timelapse video. The aircraft can fly in order from waypoint 1 to 5 or 5 to 1 (Page 28 of the user manual).

If the remote controller signal is lost for more than six seconds, the aircraft will enter FailSafe RTH if the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is fully functioning. Please take note that the action the aircraft performs when the remote controller is lost must be set to Return to Home in DJI Fly app General Settings> Safety> Advance Safety Settings > Signal Lost. For more information about FailSafe RTH, you may visit the DJI Mavic 3 user manual on page 20 or click this link https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mavic_3/DJI_Mavic_3_User_Manual_v2.0_en.pdf . Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

I'm talking about waypoint flight (page 30), not timelapse/hyperlapse.
The #2 is the answer.
2023-2-17
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

marciano Posted at 2-17 08:26
The #2 is the answer.

In theory, the drone will RTH on low battery.  But I haven’t tested that theory yet.   I don’t think the drone will continue if an obstacle (or pheasant--flock of pigeons) interrupts a waypoint mission even if you have it set to “continue”.

I plan to take the drone to an empty/vacant parking lot.   I plan to test with these steps

1. Plan a short waypoint mission with 30 percent battery
2. Set the speed to 0.22 mph
3.  Set altitude to 6 feet and set to “continue” on Lost Signal
4.  Make sure either brake or bypass is set before you plan/start mission
5. Start mission
6.   Wave a piece of cardboard  in front of drone to simulate an obstacle or a flock of pigeons or pheasant or covey of quail.
7.  Turn off controller to simulate lost signal
8..   Does the drone RTH on low battery?  Or does it continue to just hover and land when the battery is depleted?
9.  I’m going to test this at 10 meters (horizontal distance) and 120 meters (horizontal distance) from home point.

I’m not recommending that test for you, I’m just letting you know that’s how I’m going to test.  
If the controller has signal to the drone, a long press of RTH button **should** work.  I'll test that too. Might be a week before I can test due to weather.
2023-2-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

DroneApe Posted at 2-17 11:07
In theory, the drone will RTH on low battery.  But I haven’t tested that theory yet.   I don’t think the drone will continue if an obstacle interrupts a waypoint mission even if you have it set to “continue”.

I plan to take the drone to an empty/vacant parking lot.   I plan to test with these steps

Before doing all this. check the RTH section of the manual. Most times unless it at least 50 meters away, it will do something than a RTH. If closer than 10 meters, it may just land where it is. I would go 100 meters.
2023-2-17
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-17 11:20
Before doing all this. check the RTH section of the manual. Most times unless it at least 50 meters away, it will do something than a RTH. If closer than 10 meters, it may just land where it is. I would go 100 meters.

Thanks. I keep forgetting that.   I’ll go 120 meters.  There’s a large parking lot about 10 miles from my house (closed shopping mall).  Perfect place to test something like this.  
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

marciano Posted at 2-17 08:26
The #2 is the answer.

Thank you for the clarification and we're sorry for the confusion. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules