NEW - Goggles V2 Activation
4412 17 2023-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

NEW out of box Goggles V2 16/2/23.

Assistant2 (FPV) will not activate them, gives 'Firmware Error'. Goggles menu cannot be accessed.

Asst2 Firmware list showed 01.00.0603 loaded.

Updated to 01.00.0606. Stated as successful. Firmware list now shows that version active

Goggles still will not allow access to menus

Goggles have bound OK to a workbench Vista and give image (obviously in Low Power Mode)

STILL will not activate, STILL 'Firmware Error'.

Help please...........................

2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, if you want to activate DJI Goggles 2 without aircraft, you can connect the USB-C port of the goggles to the mobile device, run DJI Fly, and follow the prompt to activate.
2023-2-16
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-16 23:39
Hi there, if you want to activate DJI Goggles 2 without aircraft, you can connect the USB-C port of the goggles to the mobile device, run DJI Fly, and follow the prompt to activate.
[view_image]

Thanks for reply.

I now have these new Goggles linked/bound to a quad with a Vista, one that has flown on another set of Goggles that it not a problem.

Goggles state not activated, change to Public channel and show image, but NO access to goggles menus to do anything.

USB access to Asst2 (FPV) brings up the Goggles, but Activation fails with      'Firmware Error'
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bravedan Posted at 2-17 00:07
Thanks for reply.

I now have these new Goggles linked/bound to a quad with a Vista, one that has flown on another set of Goggles that it not a problem.

Hi there, please note that to activate DJI Goggles 2 through DJI Assistant, you need to download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) through this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-2-17
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for reply.

The on screen message states to use the DJIAssistant2 (FPV series)!  I have always used that for my other Goggles V2, too!

OK, so have loaded the Consumer Drones version, logged in and it shows my login top right, with the option to logout.

HOWEVER, When I try to activate to Goggles, it goes to Activation Failed, please re-try. Repetitive..............

If I try to switch account but enter as logged in to force the accoutndetails again it will not accept the same login name and password as it has just accepted and shown as logged in.
2023-2-17
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just set up a completely new account using a new EMail, verified it by replying to the EMail authorisation check mail.

I can log into DJI Assistant2 (consumer series) OK.

BUT when I tried to activate it goes straight to "Activation Failed"  please retry.................... and repeat............ and repeat....................
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bravedan Posted at 2-17 01:54
I have just set up a completely new account using a new EMail, verified it by replying to the EMail authorisation check mail.

I can log into DJI Assistant2 (consumer series) OK.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot to check the error message and current firmware version?
2023-2-17
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm not the only one getting this, another person I know is getting the same from two days ago.

Current Firmware is 01.00.0606 having updated from the 01.00.0603 it came with.  (All my current stuff is running 0606 perfectly well)

Error message is red cross, black text "Activation Failed" with smaller underneath in red "Activation failed, please retry"   .    Reactivate is only choice and that just repeats.
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bravedan Posted at 2-17 02:14
I'm not the only one getting this, another person I know is getting the same from two days ago.

Current Firmware is 01.00.0606 having updated from the 01.00.0603 it came with.  (All my current stuff is running 0606 perfectly well)

Could you please PM us the serial number of the Goggles 2 for a check?
2023-2-17
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bravedan Posted at 2-17 02:14
I'm not the only one getting this, another person I know is getting the same from two days ago.

I have now:-

Used two completely different accounts, both logging into ASST2

Used FPV Series version (as all previous authentications with many Vista and other Goggles and as stated in Goggles)

Used Consumer Series version (as you state)

Used two completely different computers, with two different operating systems.

Used a Vista on Workbench and a known working Quad with Vista, both giving images but NO access to Goggles Menus.

ALL attempts with these Goggles V2 to activate them fail with "Activation Failed, Please Retry".

I now know of TWO others suffering the same issues.

Been at this for many hours now, as have my contacts, so its not us, is it!
2023-2-17
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

37SBK5U001031J

New to me  16/2/23

2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bravedan Posted at 2-17 03:36
I have now:-

Used two completely different accounts, both logging into ASST2

Could you please record a video of the whole activation process so that we can better confirm this issue? You can upload the video to Google Drive or Dropbox and then send us the link here.
2023-2-18
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have now installed the Fly App to my mobile.  

I have valid data capable USBC to USBC connection

I get to the "Connecting to the goggles page", and through to the line that states "Stage 3. Connect USB-C port on goggles to mobile device"  And there it sits, no further action.

The Goggles are on and powered up, rolling DJI screens, The fly app does nothing, with only the connection video or exit.

Tried all combinations of connecting before this page or at this page, power up after (as screen instruction) or before connecting, no further action on screen.

The leads give the correct USB connection beeps when connected to a Windows laptop so are data connecting

4 Leads tried on mobile running flyapp all get to same point and no further screen action !!!!
2023-2-19
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bravedan Posted at 2-19 07:30

Do you just ignore their requests on purpose? They're trying to help you by asking for screenshots and videos yet all you do is repeat the same thing you've posted previously.

If I were you I'd just take them back to where you purchased them from and get another pair.
2023-2-21
Use props
Bravedan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DubSound Posted at 2-21 06:42
Do you just ignore their requests on purpose? They're trying to help you by asking for screenshots and videos yet all you do is repeat the same thing you've posted previously.

If I were you I'd just take them back to where you purchased them from and get another pair.

Did you consider that I'm not able to video it?

Did you consider that in any event the screen message is so simple that my description is complete?

No matter...............  Thanks for posting............ Goodbye............
2023-2-21
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bravedan Posted at 2-21 07:25
Did you consider that I'm not able to video it?

Did you consider that in any event the screen message is so simple that my description is complete?

In 2023 you can't record a video?

No excuse.
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bravedan Posted at 2-19 07:30

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask if the issue is resolved? If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know. You may click the 'reply' button to reply to my post so that I can receive the notification.
2023-2-27
Use props
Lucadv90
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Do you know a dji fly app version that allow the activation of goggles 2 witout aircraft and motion controller?
1-30 22:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules