Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Upload of Flight Record Data Problem
2455 16 2023-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve266
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10545377 ft
United States

For several weeks now, I'm getting the following message when turning my "RC" remote on: "Flight Record Storage Limit Reached Upload flight records when connected to internet if storage limit is reached. Local flight records will be cleared automatically. Any cleared data is unrecoverable."  I have connected to internet, and attempted the update numerous times.  Appears to be processing ie: uploading 1 of 8, 2 of 8, thru 8 of 8, then reverts back to "8 flight records not uploaded".  As best I can tell, I have not lost any flight data yet.
Mini 3 Pro with RC Remote
App Version 1.9.4
Aircraft Firmware 01.00.0450
RC Firmware 01.02.0400

Current Storage status:
Aircraft SD 89.4 GB free
RC SD 238GB free
RC Internal: 1.2GB free

Suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

2023-2-17
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Open a free account at airdata.com and sync your DJI account with them and they will keep your records as well. Even better, you can analyze your records.
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to a hotspot that has an internet connection or might as well try a different Wi-Fi network and click "Upload" and check whether the issue persists? If the issue persists, kindly please connect your DJI RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software and refresh the firmware to then check if there are any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-17
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-17 18:12
Open a free account at airdata.com and sync your DJI account with them and they will keep your records as well. Even better, you can analyze your records.

Thank you.  I will look into that, but still hoping to resolve the problem.  DJI Paladin has suggested a couple of things, one of which is to try a different internet, which I had previously done.
2023-2-18
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 19:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to a hotspot that has an internet connection or might as well try a different Wi-Fi network and click "Upload" and check whether the issue persists? If the issue persists, kindly please connect your DJI RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software and refresh the firmware to then check if there are any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I have tried two different internets located at different locations as well as my hotspot from iPhone.  Tried 2.4 and 5 GHz connections at one of the two locations.  I updated DJI Assistant 2 this morning and refreshed the RC with V01.02.0400.  Turned the RC off and back on with WIFI on and still getting same message, indicating 8 records not uploaded.  Pressed blue "Upload" and appears to process 8 records but returns to "8 flight records not uploaded".  

FYI:  My M3P was replaced by DJI per Express plan, and was received Jan 23, 2023.  This may be when or about the time the problem started, however since then I have flown the M3P 16 separate flights.  Could this be causing the problem somehow?
2023-2-18
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

Steve266 Posted at 2-18 07:19
I have tried two different internets located at different locations as well as my hotspot from iPhone.  Tried 2.4 and 5 GHz connections at one of the two locations.  I updated DJI Assistant 2 this morning and refreshed the RC with V01.02.0400.  Turned the RC off and back on with WIFI on and still getting same message, indicating 8 records not uploaded.  Pressed blue "Upload" and appears to process 8 records but returns to "8 flight records not uploaded".  

FYI:  My M3P was replaced by DJI per Express plan, and was received Jan 23, 2023.  This may be when or about the time the problem started, however since then I have flown the M3P 16 separate flights.  Could this be causing the problem somehow?

DJI: Please see my previous reply to DJI Paladin.

Any further thoughts or suggestions on how to eliminate the upload error?

Would deleting flights from my two previously owned DJI drones correct the problem?

2023-2-22
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Steve266 Posted at 2-22 04:01
DJI: Please see my previous reply to DJI Paladin.

Any further thoughts or suggestions on how to eliminate the upload error?
I am having the same issue. My RC Pro shows 15 flight records not uploading, and my RC shows seven flight records, not uploading.
2023-4-8
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7308658 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i have the same issue...
2023-4-8
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having that exact same issue. Tried the new clear cache / reset settings and no luck.

Also since last firmware my remote has been acting strange. Like the EV settings don’t have any effect on video in the remote but it does affect the recording.  As well during hyperlapse the remote stopped taking input on free mode so the sticks would work for a little while and then not work and it stopped taking pics but appeared to be still hyperlapsing.

To fix all this nonsense I had to use the DJI Assistant 2 on my computer then downgrade to the previous firmware and then upgrade. This fixed my EV issue and flight logs aren’t complaining anymore (I hope).
2023-4-8
Use props
erikm2llo
New
Sri Lanka

Hi!

Well in my case it gets even more interesting. During a flight at night, near a forest and beach, my drone encountered the same error while it was out of my sight. This caused the live flight information to disappear from the screen and none of the control buttons on the screen or physical buttons on the remote made this notification to dissapear. I was literally asked to connect to the internet and upload the stuff while flying giving me no other options to know where my drone is or what is the camera live view. Fortunately, I had only flown the drone straight out of sight and had not made any other manouvres so by just reversing its path, I was able to retrieve it and bring it back into view before landing it safely. Without this stroke of luck, I could have easily lost my drone.

I have attached the picture I took of the RC with my phone. It was litterally in the middle of the flight, and the blue "GO FLY" button did not work!

Mini 3 Pro with RC RemoteAircraft Firmware: 01.00.0150
RC Firmware 01.00.0300
App version 1.6.6

2023-4-14
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

I received a notice that "Tribar" had posted a response and read it but now I do not find.  His/Her recommendation was to connect the RC controller to a computer and move (cut/paste) flight records from folder "Internal Shared Memory" to the computer or other device.  I did this for my less recent flights and it appears that I am no longer getting the "Flight Record Storage Limit Reached" message.  My computer indicated that my storage was approx. 60% full, however I assume there may be a limit on the number of files causing the issue. Be aware that these flights will no longer be available for review, totals, etc on your RC.  I use AirData online program (airdata.com) and all of my flights are uploaded to that and the flights deleted on my RC today are all still on that site.  AirData is available for free, but monthly/annual fee if you want more storage and data available.  Much more flight data is recorded by the drone than the RC will display, but AirData does depending on the tier level that you choose.  Their customer service/tech support was very responsive to my inquiries.  I suggest you take a look at it.
2023-4-14
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

As they say in football, "after further review" it appears that the flights are still available on the RC if syncing to the cloud is set up, which is what I have done from the beginning.  Must be connected to internet to view.
2023-4-14
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195853 ft
United States

I've been getting the same warning about uploading... I fly several times a week and always connect to the internet when I get home and also download photos/videos to my PC. I turned on my RC today before leaving home and got no warning. 10 minutes later I turned it on again to go flying and got the warning! Selecting Upload now doesn't work because there's no internet where I fly. At home, I select upload now, but that screen appears as soon as I turn the RC on, and before I get to select WiFi from the menu. I do have AutoSync selected at all times.
2023-4-14
Use props
chrisvomradio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3241519 ft
Germany

I have the same issue. My RC is regularly online.
2023-4-15
Use props
tigerogtiger
lvl.1
Switzerland

> During a flight

Same just happened to me - during daylight, but still.

Surely this should not happen.

At the very least there must be a button "ignore/close" next to "upload"
2023-8-12
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Mine has simply stopped uploading any logs at all.  Set to auto but nothing uploaded since middle of May
2023-8-13
Use props
ws46060
lvl.4
United States

My DJI RC also has this issue despite connecting to my home network after each flight
2023-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules