Control focus with wheel on Nikon Z6II
1267 2 2023-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikola Saev
New

United States

Hello, fellow DJI colleagues!

I am a happy owner of my first Ronin ever - the RS3 Mini and I love it! I just have one question about using the wheel on the gimbal to control focus on my Nikon Z6II.

I managed to connect the camera via Bluetooth as explained in the website. Then I connected the USB-C cable to the RSS port on the gimbal and the USB-C port on the camera. What I cannot do is use the wheel to control the focus(I put the camera focus on AF-S as described in the tutorial). I don't seem to be able to control ISO and Shutter or Aperture as well, which is also strange.

I need to say that I tried on F mount lenses, since I do not own any Z mount Nikkor lens, but still I wanted to ask what are the exact steps and if RS3 Mini is actually able to control focus on Z Mount Nikkor lenses and the Nikon Z6II. I could go then to my retailer and test it in the store with Nikkor lenses, but I wished to know how to set it up - at least the DJI Compatibility page says these options are exisiting via Cable connection. It just doesn't work with my setup so far, but maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!
Niki
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_0ljVRghM1idv
lvl.1

Canada

How did you get the mini to connect via bluetooth on Nikon Z6 II? I can't get mine connected via bluetooth. Are u using  1.40 or new 1.50 firmware on the Nikon?
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_s8WYpGdByPW3
New
Flight distance : 1142028 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. USB-C is connected. Camera in AF-S mode. I've tried in multiple shooting modes. The camera and gimbal don't seem to be communicating at all via the USB-C.
2-9 07:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules