DJI MIC - no audio playback when plugged into iphone
6919 8 2023-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Keith Fl
lvl.1

United States

When i connect the DJI MIC receiver using lightning adapter to iphone 13 - and record a video with audio - when playing back on the iphone i must remove the receiver for me to hear the playback audio.  My hunch is that the phone thinks the receiver is a headphone and is trying to playback the audio there  - is there anyway to bypass this, as removing the receiver to listen to what we just recorded is a PAIN !
Could DJI engineers configure the receiver to be viewed as only a microphone and not a mic and earpiece?
Thanks - K

2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for your feedback.
We are sorry that due to mobile phone system restrictions, only the same “audio device” can be selected to complete audio input and output.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
Thanks for your support.
2023-2-20
Use props
3rdDown
lvl.1
United States

Keith - in the field it is really inconvenient to have to remove the receiver. Her’s a work around. Attach a headphone to the 3.5 headphone pin on the DJI receiver or grab a Bluetooth headphones such as AirPods that are paired to the phone and listen to the playback. Either will not require removal of the receiver. Make sure to leave your Bluetooth headphones in the case until after you connect the receiver.
2023-4-11
Use props
Saul Esquivel
New

United States

I have the same issue but I can’t hear the play back audio at all, I’m not sure if my dji set is bugged or if my phone is being slow. This is an inconvenience because I record videos for my customers up on winding heights and they can’t hear my audio at all and when presenting the video without the receiver plugged in, they can’t hear nothing. I don’t plan on buying a camera because it’s risky for me to carry one when I’m 70+ feet up above ground recording videos.
2023-4-16
Use props
Keith Fl
lvl.1

United States

3rdDown Posted at 4-11 07:57
Keith - in the field it is really inconvenient to have to remove the receiver. Her’s a work around. Attach a headphone to the 3.5 headphone pin on the DJI receiver or grab a Bluetooth headphones such as AirPods that are paired to the phone and listen to the playback. Either will not require removal of the receiver. Make sure to leave your Bluetooth headphones in the case until after you connect the receiver.

A totally awesome work around - thanks very much!!
I may even try a bluetooth connected external speaker so the people in my video can hear as well
2023-4-16
Use props
djiuser_Dqq4t8SCX6xp
New

United States

Keith Fl Posted at 4-16 19:06
I may even try a bluetooth connected external speaker so the people in my video can hear as well

Hello there. I tried this work around with both wire headphone and Bluetooth but I still don’t hear playback. Am I missing something? Please advise. Thank u
2023-9-7
Use props
djiuser_OkUDgDjUWck7
New

United States

Hello!

I am using iphone 14 pro and dji wireless mic. Yesterday I recorded the video and it was all good, but today when I plugged in there was a pop up with two options 1. other devices 2. Headphone . I chose headphone and since then it doesn’t work.
1-31 12:54
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

djiuser_OkUDgDjUWck7 Posted at 1-31 12:54
Hello!

I am using iphone 14 pro and dji wireless mic. Yesterday I recorded the video and it was all good, but today when I plugged in there was a pop up with two options 1. other devices 2. Headphone . I chose headphone and since then it doesn’t work.

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this connected to a Bluetooth device but there is no sound (iPhone), but you can try the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:-
1. Check Bluetooth Connection:- Make sure your iPhone is properly connected to the Bluetooth device. Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone and ensure that the Bluetooth device is listed and shows as "Connected." If it's not connected, tap on the device name to connect to it.
2. Check Volume Level:- Make sure the volume is turned up on both your iPhone and the Bluetooth device. Use the volume buttons on your iPhone to increase the volume. Also, check the volume settings on the Bluetooth device itself and ensure it's not muted or set to a low volume level.
3. Restart Bluetooth Connection:- Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone, tap the info (i) icon next to the connected Bluetooth device, and select "Forget This Device." Then, reconnect to the Bluetooth device and see if the sound works.
4. Restart Your iPhone:- A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary software glitches. Press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it to power off your iPhone, then press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears to turn it back on.
5. Reset Network Settings:- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will erase your saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords, so you'll need to reconnect to Wi-Fi networks afterward.
For more details instruction follow below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O507wUlC05Y&ab_channel=TheGeekPage
2-8 03:54
Use props
djiuser_EmqHYf8pVFww
New

United States

Keith Fl Posted at 2023-4-16 19:06

Hi, have you been able to work arround this? If i connect a headphone to the receiver y just listen my voice but not the audio mix from the phone.
4-15 13:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules