Slave Imaging from Remote
1306 9 2023-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roc Wallaby
lvl.1

Australia

Hello fellow users, has anyone successfully connected a slave monitor to the GL200a remote? I have an Android phone connected to the side port, however I'm keen to connect a large screen Smart TV or PC monitor mounted in the back of my van for clients to watch during jobs. I've tried the USB port underneath but I'm guessing that is only for a device running the app. As I'm on-site in the bush, there is no wifi to screen-cast and often no mobile data to use. Any ideas?

2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In dual controller mode, you need to connect the first RC normally to the aircraft, and once connected, go to the second RC and enter the camera view. Once done, go to the remote controller settings then select "Link Remote Controller" it will give you an option to link as primary or secondary (please choose secondary) then press again the linking button on the RC. Please note that you must have updated firmware for all the components to avoid issues. Hope this helps. Thank you!
2023-2-18
Use props
Roc Wallaby
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-18 18:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In dual controller mode, you need to connect the first RC normally to the aircraft, and once connected, go to the second RC and enter the camera view. Once done, go to the remote controller settings then select "Link Remote Controller" it will give you an option to link as primary or secondary (please choose secondary) then press again the linking button on the RC. Please note that you must have updated firmware for all the components to avoid issues. Hope this helps. Thank you!

Sorry if I was ambiguous, but I just need a way to run a separate image monitor for live viewing. I don't currently use a second controller. Of course I can see the live image on my device on the controller, but is their a way other than wifi to project or cast to a larger screen?
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Roc Wallaby Posted at 2-18 20:08
Sorry if I was ambiguous, but I just need a way to run a separate image monitor for live viewing. I don't currently use a second controller. Of course I can see the live image on my device on the controller, but is their a way other than wifi to project or cast to a larger screen?

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, we don't have this option/feature for the DJI Mavic Pro. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-20
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What phone are you using,can you set the phone as a WIFI hotspot? If yes then connect a Tab as monitor via mirror application and WIFI.
2023-2-21
Use props
Roc Wallaby
lvl.1

Australia

Peterx Posted at 2-21 03:13
What phone are you using,can you set the phone as a WIFI hotspot? If yes then connect a Tab as monitor via mirror application and WIFI.

I work mainly in isolated areas with limited mobile coverage, unfortunately. The only thing I can think of is syncing a second remote and have that connected to a large(ish) screen tablet. I would ideally like a 32" screen in the van though.
2023-2-21
Use props
houdini
lvl.4

United States

Hi,
Not sure if this is much help. I have a Mini4 iPad that I use to display videos on to a large TV. I use a ChromeCast Dongle (cost me $12)

I got this is from a web site:
Although using Wi-Fi will provide a better experience, if you want to screen mirror without using Wi-Fi, you can do so by using a wireless display technology like Miracast or Chromecast. This creates a direct connection between your sending and receiving device.

Miracast supports Android devices.

Screen mirror for Androids
2023-2-25
Use props
Roc Wallaby
lvl.1

Australia

houdini Posted at 2-25 11:01
Hi,
Not sure if this is much help. I have a Mini4 iPad that I use to display videos on to a large TV. I use a ChromeCast Dongle (cost me $12)

Hey thanks houdini, does this technique need a mobile data connection or is it stand-alone? If it doesn't need wireless or a hot spot, it sounds like just what is needed.
2023-2-25
Use props
houdini
lvl.4

United States

Roc Wallaby Posted at 2-25 15:56
Hey thanks houdini, does this technique need a mobile data connection or is it stand-alone? If it doesn't need wireless or a hot spot, it sounds like just what is needed.

Check out this link.

She explains all you need is a dongle such as Netgear push to TV device,

Hope that helps.

John
2023-2-26
Use props
Roc Wallaby
lvl.1

Australia

houdini Posted at 2-26 08:34
Check out this link.

Miracast without hotspot or wi-fi

Has to be the way to go for anyone sharing their screen remotely for others. 12V smart TV's are not too hard to find these days.
2023-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules