Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone for football?

Just need two teams,  a ball,   some towels and maybe some refeshments.  

Grabbed the shot as I had to go to Argos and this was just a bit further down the road,  I was hoping to chase ships but the wind was too string for my liking.

Taken with a lighty used Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-2-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great shot. Shame about the subject sport
Where are the rugby posts?
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-19 01:30
Great shot. Shame about the subject sport
Where are the rugby posts?

First time Ive ever seen the place,    I'd initially sent up the drone for some ship chasing but it was too windy so I went to grab a shot of the building work and saw this on route.

2023-2-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 01:40
First time Ive ever seen the place,    I'd initially sent up the drone for some ship chasing but it was too windy so I went to grab a shot of the building work and saw this on route.

[view_image]

What's going on there, I wonder?
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing capture DA.    Looks more like a soccer field to me.  

Yeah, I know you call soccer football.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 01:40
First time Ive ever seen the place,    I'd initially sent up the drone for some ship chasing but it was too windy so I went to grab a shot of the building work and saw this on route.

[view_image]

That's a strange bit of construction and it is right next to houses and a kid's playground to the left.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-19 01:42
What's going on there, I wonder?

I looked it up on the planning application site and it's not what I thought.    Planning is for -

Temporary construction compound area to support the works to the revetment at Canvey Island

So I assume that means they are going to be upgrading the sea wall.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 04:34
Amazing capture DA.    Looks more like a soccer field to me.  

Yeah, I know you call soccer football.

Well we did invent it so I guess we get to name it.
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 04:35
That's a strange bit of construction and it is right next to houses and a kid's playground to the left.

Yes,    just looked it up.  the planning is for "Temporary construction compound area to support the works to the revetment at Canvey Island"
2023-2-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 05:51
I looked it up on the planning application site and it's not what I thought.    Planning is for -

Temporary construction compound area to support the works to the revetment at Canvey Island

A Canute job then
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now that it a bizarre reference to turning back the tides.  
2023-2-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 06:14
Now that it a bizarre reference to turning back the tides.

It's amazing what pops out of the grey matter
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 05:53
Well we did invent it so I guess we get to name it.

Well history disagrees with you a bit.  The idea of football as a team sport was invented in Mesoamerica.  It’s unclear exactly where in Mesoamerica the game was invented, but it was popular across Mesoamerican cultures like the Teotihuacanos, Aztecs, and Maya beginning about 3,000 years ago. The games were played with 16 pound rubber balls which were found at several archeological dig sites.  

Football began to evolve in modern Europe from the medieval period onwards. Somewhere around the 9th century, entire towns in England would kick a pig’s bladder from one landmark to another.

England is the first country to codify and identify soccer as the sport that is recognized today.

In fact, the English introduced uniform rules, the penalty kicks in 1891 and other regulations such as touching the ball with hands and forbidding the tripping of opponents
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 05:53
Yes,    just looked it up.  the planning is for "Temporary construction compound area to support the works to the revetment at Canvey Island"

Okay, a place to preposition material and stock to be used in the revetment.  No doubt that land will be used for something totally different when the revetment project is completed.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 06:26
Okay, a place to preposition material and stock to be used in the revetment.  No doubt that land will be used for something totally different when the revetment project is completed.

It looked like they were also building a new access road to it which didnt seem needed.  I will be nosey in a few weeks and go back that way.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 06:24
Well history disagrees with you a bit.  The idea of football as a team sport was invented in Mesoamerica.  It’s unclear exactly where in Mesoamerica the game was invented, but it was popular across Mesoamerican cultures like the Teotihuacanos, Aztecs, and Maya beginning about 3,000 years ago. The games were played with 16 pound rubber balls which were found at several archeological dig sites.  

Football began to evolve in modern Europe from the medieval period onwards. Somewhere around the 9th century, entire towns in England would kick a pig’s bladder from one landmark to another.

It was the more modern interpretation of the game I meant,  but of course Henry the 8th banned it for while.
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-19 06:18
It's amazing what pops out of the grey matter

It's true,  you never cease to amaze.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 06:31
It looked like they were also building a new access road to it which didnt seem needed.  I will be nosey in a few weeks and go back that way.

Might present another target of opportunity as the project progresses.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 06:33
It was the more modern interpretation of the game I meant,  but of course Henry the 8th banned it for while.

No doubt you guys get credit for modernizing the game and making it so popular worldwide.  I also like watching Rugby matches.  
2023-2-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 06:35
It's true,  you never cease to amaze.

2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 06:46
No doubt you guys get credit for modernizing the game and making it so popular worldwide.  I also like watching Rugby matches.

I dont watch either.    Too busy flying.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 06:45
My present another target of opportunity as the project progresses.

Yes although I haven't found details of what they are actually going to do.
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 07:07
I dont watch either.    Too busy flying.

It's not like I watch Rugby and Soccer daily.  My favorite sport to watch is college football and it's always nice when I can go to a game in person.  
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 07:08
Yes although I haven't found details of what they are actually going to do.

Maybe you'll see more on it in the media.
2023-2-19
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 07:40
It's not like I watch Rugby and Soccer daily.  My favorite sport to watch is college football and it's always nice when I can go to a game in person.

I'm with you on this one, college football (not soccer) is one of my favorites, although I do enjoy the odd rugby match from time to time. Sevens are especially entertaining, it seems like more running and actual plays, and fewer pileups. My clavicle fracture came in a rugby match when I was around 13-14 or so. Our middle school tried to introduce it to the physical ed curriculum, but it seemed to disappear after my removal from the field by ambulance.
2023-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 07:42
Maybe you'll see more on it in the media.

I will keep my eye out for it,  and will return at some point,   as the weather warms I may start doing the loop again which is the sea wall around that island thats a little over 15 miles.
2023-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 07:40

Never been to a game myself,    except one trip to Wimbledon and I was bored witless.
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AeroNW Posted at 2-19 17:08
I'm with you on this one, college football (not soccer) is one of my favorites, although I do enjoy the odd rugby match from time to time. Sevens are especially entertaining, it seems like more running and actual plays, and fewer pileups. My clavicle fracture came in a rugby match when I was around 13-14 or so. Our middle school tried to introduce it to the physical ed curriculum, but it seemed to disappear after my removal from the field by ambulance.

For me it is just more enjoyable to watch sports at the college level.  

Having a broken clavicle has not been fun as I'm sure you know.  I still have another 2-3 weeks before the Doctor clears me to start physical therapy.  

Getting removed from the athletic field by ambulance at the  middle school probably left a not so good impression on prospective players.  
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 00:08
I will keep my eye out for it,  and will return at some point,   as the weather warms I may start doing the loop again which is the sea wall around that island thats a little over 15 miles.

Wow, that's a fairly long loop.  
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 00:08
Never been to a game myself,    except one trip to Wimbledon and I was bored witless.

I hear you.  I tried to watch a tennis tournament one time and got bored to death watching that little ball go back and forth.

Hey, I just noticed that you are now at 61.1M feet flown.  Another milestone event.  
2023-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 04:37
Wow, that's a fairly long loop.

I walk there, do the loop and then walk back. Best time was 3:15.

https://www.alltrails.com/en-gb/ ... sland-circular-walk
2023-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 04:39
I hear you.  I tried to watch a tennis tournament one time and got bored to death watching that little ball go back and forth.

Hey, I just noticed that you are now at 61.1M feet flown.  Another milestone event.

thanks DT.    I finally got around to syncing the controller this morning whilst waiting for SHMBOd to arise only to get shouted out for not waking her.
2023-2-20
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453950 ft
United States

That is cool
2023-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers superCoolDude.
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 06:01
I walk there, do the loop and then walk back. Best time was 3:15.

https://www.alltrails.com/en-gb/trail/england/essex/canvey-island-circular-walk

Looks like a great location for a walk based on what I saw in the photos.  I'm a bit surprised at the 3.9 rating.  
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 07:13
thanks DT.    I finally got around to syncing the controller this morning whilst waiting for SHMBOd to arise only to get shouted out for not waking her.

Uh oh.  That's one of those "you can't win situations".  
2023-2-20
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 04:25
For me it is just more enjoyable to watch sports at the college level.  

Having a broken clavicle has not been fun as I'm sure you know.  I still have another 2-3 weeks before the Doctor clears me to start physical therapy.  

College sports overall are just more enjoyable than the professional variety, in my experience. I did score some short-lived middle school "cool points" in the process, but wouldn't willingly repeat it. Now that I can feel the change in weather, and don't last very long wrenching on things in the garage or driveway, I'm understanding the benefit of preserving the bones and joints a little better.
2023-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice captures!
2023-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain