Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replacement Fisheye lens
4358 38 2023-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Dear Teams:

I am interested in a Lens replacement the Fisheye lens, not the protective lens.  if you can not offer a lens  to replace, we need to know the exact M**? As well the Osmo Action are they  the exact same lens and size.

Is the lens:

an M11
an 11.5
an M12

We need  to know how I may Obtain one,  thank you

Member FISH
2023-2-19
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Can't you use the lens from OA1?
I guess getting some old broken cheap cameras would be ideal to take the lens from.
2023-2-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 2-19 06:33
Can't you use the lens from OA1?
I guess getting some old broken cheap cameras would be ideal to take the lens from.

Not 100% sure. I opened up the lens protector and noticed the OA1 is larger in diameter. if I had a  caliper I measure it. I may look for a parts only OA and give a shot. mine is not broken the Action 3, just asking   for the correct sizes, I'll note in the Main  for both but I will find my answer a lot faster  with  members help then staff
2023-2-19
Use props
JustName
First Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey Fish, a had the same thoughts.
The lens is not an M12, but rather something around 11.
M12 definitely does not fit, I have tried two different lenses. Have also searched quite a long time on the net for suitable lenses, not really found.
The lens from OA1 will not fit.
2023-2-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

JustName Posted at 2-19 14:28
Hey Fish, a had the same thoughts.
The lens is not an M12, but rather something around 11.
M12 definitely does not fit, I have tried two different lenses. Have also searched quite a long time on the net for suitable lenses, not really found.

m11, as the OA is a M11.5 not sold on hte market

if one finds the true size I get one
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Fish. Thanks for reaching out. DJI does not have an official fisheye lens accessory for the Osmo Action and Osmo Action 3. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will cascade your inquiry to our designated team for confirmation. Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day.
2023-2-19
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 21:33
Hi, Fish. Thanks for reaching out. DJI does not have an official fisheye lens accessory for the Osmo Action and Osmo Action 3. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will cascade your inquiry to our designated team for confirmation. Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day.

He want to replace the lens with a more narrow lens
2023-2-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 21:33

I am requesting the Lens  size.    not sure where you got fisheye lens from
2023-2-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 2-20 00:34

they totally understand the question Maybe I have to spell it out for them
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 2-20 03:43
they totally understand the question Maybe I have to spell it out for them

Picture Fish, they always like a picture over words.  They tend to understand pictures much better.
2023-2-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Picphonics at its best

DJI you have  one of these  that replaces the lens  the actual  lens

to you it does not exist but its on the DJI camera

2023-2-20
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

You can find quite a few of these replacement lenses on AliExpress but unfortunately they are mostly for GoPro, SJCAM, Xiaomi, etc. Haven't seen one for DJI cams (...yet).
Maybe you can contact one of the sellers there and ask if they know something. After all, it's made in China.
2023-2-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

osmonauta Posted at 2-20 09:30
You can find quite a few of these replacement lenses on AliExpress but unfortunately they are mostly for GoPro, SJCAM, Xiaomi, etc. Haven't seen one for DJI cams (...yet).
Maybe you can contact one of the sellers there and ask if they know something. After all, it's made in China.

if DJI got no clue then maybe this is not a DJI camera
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

johansenfoto Posted at 2-20 00:34

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain. Have a nice day.
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-20 03:42
I am requesting the Lens  size.    not sure where you got fisheye lens from

Thanks for the clarification and apologies for the misunderstanding, Fish. As confirmed by our engineers, the relevant information belongs to the internal structure of the device, so we are sorry that we can't provide it. Moreover, Osmo Action and Osmo Action 3 camera lens are integrated design, which doesn't support disassembly and replacement. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-21
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

we need a 3party fisheyelens for OA3 like 1.OA

2023-2-21
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

lutzmix Posted at 2-21 01:06
we need a 3party fisheyelens for OA3 like 1.OA

https://youtu.be/17ilSGcwwq4

155 we have now is wide enough
2023-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 00:27
Thanks for the clarification and apologies for the misunderstanding, Fish. As confirmed by our engineers, the relevant information belongs to the internal structure of the device, so we are sorry that we can't provide it. Moreover, Osmo Action and Osmo Action 3 camera lens are integrated design, which doesn't support disassembly and replacement. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

thank you.:

more or less the lens is not offered to the public, thank you
2023-2-21
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

back bone.ca have some options for
gopro rxo and insta but nothing dji

https://www.back-bone.ca/product-category/adapters/

2023-2-21
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

You might be able to hack it for the OA3.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisheye-P ... meras/dp/B08BNDLVNQ
2023-2-21
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 2-21 08:06
You might be able to hack it for the OA3.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisheye-Portable-180%C2%B0Fisheye-Action-Cameras/dp/B08BNDLVNQ

this is the lens I use with oa1 the sensor is smaller

move slowly and you can use it,  remove lens protector and put it on no screw connection

4k/25fps  rs+  wide

crop with you cut

original lens

hope JSR will make a cover lens

IMG_20230221_173607.jpg
2023-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

the funny thing is  I asked for the exact measurement,  of the lens  on the DJI nothing else
2023-2-21
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

fish
you can ask DJI many things and got never a answer

jm2c

who wants to disassemble their camera to measure the lens?  everything is secret at dji
2023-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

lutzmix Posted at 2-21 10:52
fish
you can ask DJI many things and got never a answer

they say sorry that is the answer lol I'll take mine apart if I had a caliper
2023-2-21
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 2-21 11:30
they say sorry that is the answer lol I'll take mine apart if I had a caliper

I can caliper but not taking it apart for measuring.

Maybe some others here could do it?
2023-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 2-21 12:35
I can caliper but not taking it apart for measuring.

Maybe some others here could do it?

exactly if I want to tear  it apart i will  but DJI will lsay nothing
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-21 03:47
thank you.:

more or less the lens is not offered to the public, thank you

You are welcome, and thanks for understanding.
2023-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 22:59
You are welcome, and thanks for understanding.

we appreciate you NOT offering the Diameter size of the lens,  as we  wanted just he DIAMETER but that seems impossible  in life to get a real answer answered
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-22 04:41
we appreciate you NOT offering the Diameter size of the lens,  as we  wanted just he DIAMETER but that seems impossible  in life to get a real answer answered

We understand that it was not the answer you look forward to hearing. And as much as we want to provide you with such details, DJI considers it as internal information. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Have a nice day.
2023-2-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-23 00:10
We understand that it was not the answer you look forward to hearing. And as much as we want to provide you with such details, DJI considers it as internal information. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Have a nice day.

thank you

that is what we wanted to know at the very start.

I gues that also answers my other question about the external mic and Power.

thank you

F I S H
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-23 03:40
thank you

that is what we wanted to know at the very start.

You're welcome, Fish. Can you provide us with more details about your inquiry about the external microphone and power? We'd like to check if the information is available. Thank you.
2023-2-23
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-23 23:24
You're welcome, Fish. Can you provide us with more details about your inquiry about the external microphone and power? We'd like to check if the information is available. Thank you.

He and many more want an adapter that would make it possible to charge the camera + use mic at same time.

2023-2-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-23 23:24

Thanks Tony I guess you do not follow  the site as much, otherwise you know the the people, we suggested

a Video record timer, never happened
a mic and power  pin port,  the relivent team  the info passed
and the lens size never will offer inside info.
so we asked for the pin layout and the answer will be inside info but thanks for hearing what we had to say
2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

johansenfoto Posted at 2-24 02:02
He and many more want an adapter that would make it possible to charge the camera + use mic at same time.

Thanks for the clarification. We have received such feedback before and it has been forwarded to the designated team. We will continue to communicate these suggestions to our developers. We hope that this will be considered in the future. Stay safe.
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-24 04:04
Thanks Tony I guess you do not follow  the site as much, otherwise you know the the people, we suggested

a Video record timer, never happened

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we have forwarded your suggestions for consideration. As we always say, we are dedicated to providing the best user experience. And in that, we always make sure that all voices are being heard. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-2-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-26 23:06
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we have forwarded your suggestions for consideration. As we always say, we are dedicated to providing the best user experience. And in that, we always make sure that all voices are being heard. Thanks for your continued support.

If I went to a Store I get better service, they offer the info, here you offered nothing.
2023-2-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Amazing how people are trying to  change out a lens and are  getting burnt   
2023-7-12
Use props
AstralDaydreams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329619 ft
United Kingdom

There is an Osmo Action fisheye Lens from
Ulanzi. I have one and I use it. Has that proper skateboarding fisheye look in 4:3 modes. Turn stabilisation off.
2023-10-21
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

best option is  Sony RX0 ll with c- mount- adapter !

2023-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules