Suddenly No Firmware?
1650 5 2023-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WolfieDaFloof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234551 ft
United Kingdom

So I just purchased a ronin sc to use with my lumix gh4, been using it perfectly for the last 14 hours since it arrived then all of a sudden when i go to readjust my camera to mount my phone on top of it to try out active track the motors are no longer responding, look on the ronin app on my phone (galaxy note 10) and it's showing a firmware version of 0.0.0.0 and N/A on everything other than the Bluetooth module that shows 0.19, the app prompts me that there's a firmware update for the firmware it was on when i first set it up but every time i've tried to update it (about 20 times now) the update always fails, I've tried reinstalling the app, installing older versions of the app and always get the same outcome, I installed the ronin app on my work ipad and that shows the gimbal as having firmware version 1.6.0.50 installed but still shows N/A on the GCU and IMU and all of the motors on the gimbal are still lifeless.
I was weary buying a ronin after having constant software and hardware issues with an inspire 1 I own, I'd hoped I'd just gotten unlucky with getting a bad drone but now it's looking to me like it's just bad quality products all along the dji range, I'm hoping someone can point me to a solution to this so the whole thing doesn't end up a giant paperweight.

Ronin app on Android 12

Ronin app on Android 12

Ronin app on iPadOS

Ronin app on iPadOS
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if the Gimbal SN also show N/A in the DJI Ronin APP?
2023-2-20
Use props
WolfieDaFloof
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-20 00:06
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if the Gimbal SN also show N/A in the DJI Ronin APP?

Yes it does
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Understand. We will recommend you try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. It is recommended that upgrade/downgrade the firmware version and try again;
2. Confirm the mobile device and APP version used,  It is recommended to update the APP to the latest version, or change the mobile device to have a try.

If the above troubleshooting cannot solve the problem, please send it back for repair. Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_footer
2023-2-20
Use props
WolfieDaFloof
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-20 00:47
Understand. We will recommend you try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. It is recommended that upgrade/downgrade the firmware version and try again;
2. Confirm the mobile device and APP version used,  It is recommended to update the APP to the latest version, or change the mobile device to have a try.

so after taking it to work with me and attempting to reinstall the firmware at least 80 if not 90 times with 6 different devices I think it's finally installed correctly, I had multiple times where the firmware would install correctly and the Ronin would function perfectly until I power cycled it, they it would show as having no firmware installed again. I've had this happen around 7 or 8 times but now it seems to be keeping the firmware when it's powered on and off now.

It's extremely bizarre behaviour but I'm hoping it's finally sorted itself out now.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

WolfieDaFloof Posted at 2-20 07:14
so after taking it to work with me and attempting to reinstall the firmware at least 80 if not 90 times with 6 different devices I think it's finally installed correctly, I had multiple times where the firmware would install correctly and the Ronin would function perfectly until I power cycled it, they it would show as having no firmware installed again. I've had this happen around 7 or 8 times but now it seems to be keeping the firmware when it's powered on and off now.

It's extremely bizarre behaviour but I'm hoping it's finally sorted itself out now.

Thanks for your update. So far, it seems your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules