Any plans to add support for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra?
12Next >
23948 58 2023-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1b4e70b1
New

United States

Any plans to add support for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra?
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That would be nice for us that already purchased the S23 Ultra.  Fortunately, I kept a Note 20 to tide me over until DJI makes the S23 Ultra compatible.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra has not been tested yet by our engineers. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices. In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 05:52
That would be nice for us that already purchased the S23 Ultra.  Fortunately, I kept a Note 20 to tide me over until DJI makes the S23 Ultra compatible.

Did you try the fly app on the S23 Ultra DowntownRDB?  I wondered if there was something specific that didnt work.
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 07:32
Did you try the fly app on the S23 Ultra DowntownRDB?  I wondered if there was something specific that didnt work.

My S23 Ultra is in a shipping status still with guess who. It was scheduled to arrive 2/17 per Samsung but UPS didn't accomodate that date.  My son got his S23 Ultra already and the DJI Fly App would not load.  I forgot which error he said he got both times trying to load theApp.  Once (if) I get mine in hand I'll let you know how it works out.  I'm not too worried as I will only use it as a back up for the Mini 2 and Air 2.  I use my Tripltek 8" Pro tablet as primary and the Note 20 as a secondary device for these 2 drones.  So if the S23 Ultra isn't compatible for a while I still be okay.  Besides I'm still on light duty for another 2 weeks.  
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_qQ8COyP6QUVE
New

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 13:50
My S23 Ultra is in a shipping status still with guess who. It was scheduled to arrive 2/17 per Samsung but UPS didn't accomodate that date.  My son got his S23 Ultra already and the DJI Fly App would not load.  I forgot which error he said he got both times trying to load theApp.  Once (if) I get mine in hand I'll let you know how it works out.  I'm not too worried as I will only use it as a back up for the Mini 2 and Air 2.  I use my Tripltek 8" Pro tablet as primary and the Note 20 as a secondary device for these 2 drones.  So if the S23 Ultra isn't compatible for a while I still be okay.  Besides I'm still on light duty for another 2 weeks.

the DJI FLY works great on my galaxy s23 ultra i just used
2023-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 13:50
My S23 Ultra is in a shipping status still with guess who. It was scheduled to arrive 2/17 per Samsung but UPS didn't accomodate that date.  My son got his S23 Ultra already and the DJI Fly App would not load.  I forgot which error he said he got both times trying to load theApp.  Once (if) I get mine in hand I'll let you know how it works out.  I'm not too worried as I will only use it as a back up for the Mini 2 and Air 2.  I use my Tripltek 8" Pro tablet as primary and the Note 20 as a secondary device for these 2 drones.  So if the S23 Ultra isn't compatible for a while I still be okay.  Besides I'm still on light duty for another 2 weeks.

Dont tell me,  its stuck with UPS?
2023-2-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_qQ8COyP6QUVE Posted at 2-20 17:27
the DJI FLY works great on my galaxy s23 ultra i just used

Good to know.  Whenever UPS decides to deliver my S23 Ultra I'll give it a go.  
2023-2-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-21 00:11
Dont tell me,  its stuck with UPS?

Yes, UPS unfortunately.  I did a pre-order to take advantage of all the perks but they wouldn't send it via FEDEX.  So now I'm at the mercy of Unreliable Parcel Service.  Status of in transit hasn't changed now for 3 days.  Local UPS facility Supervisor is clueless on what the hold up is and really didn't seem to care.

Lesson learned is buy locally and forget the perks.

2023-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-21 03:59
Yes, UPS unfortunately.  I did a pre-order to take advantage of all the perks but they wouldn't send it via FEDEX.  So now I'm at the mercy of Unreliable Parcel Service.  Status of in transit hasn't changed now for 3 days.  Local UPS facility Supervisor is clueless on what the hold up is and really didn't seem to care.

Lesson learned is buy locally and forget the perks.

These shippng companies are a law to themselves.  Although I ordered on Sunday a pair of Adidas Yeezy 450 and I just got notification there are due out for delivery today.
2023-2-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-21 04:31
These shippng companies are a law to themselves.  Although I ordered on Sunday a pair of Adidas Yeezy 450 and I just got notification there are due out for delivery today.

Indeed they are.  I've never had any issues with quick deliveries from Amazon or Fedex.  However, I abhor UPS as you probably guessed.
2023-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-21 04:36
Indeed they are.  I've never had any issues with quick deliveries from Amazon or Fedex.  However, I abhor UPS as you probably guessed.

This is coming with a company called Evri that recently had to rename as they had such a terrible reputation
2023-2-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-21 04:40
This is coming with a company called Evri that recently had to rename as they had such a terrible reputation

They certainly can't be any worse that UPS.  
2023-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-21 12:35
They certainly can't be any worse that UPS.

They are well known for their antics,  over Christmas they were unboxing peoples parcels and putting them in bags to save space on the vehicles,  Also a video of the works playing football (soccer) with parcels went viral.
2023-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 00:42
They are well known for their antics,  over Christmas they were unboxing peoples parcels and putting them in bags to save space on the vehicles,  Also a video of the works playing football (soccer) with parcels went viral.

No doubt a name change was necessary after that fiasco.  

About four years back when I still lived in a land house I had a USPS employee that was super lazy.  He would back the delivery truck up into your driveway and walk over to the front door and just drop your package from the height of his waist down onto the concrete porch.  I had that happen to one of my packages.  When I got home and opened the package the glass item inside was shattered.  I reviewed the footage from the front door security camera I saw what he did.  I made a copy and took it to the local Postmaster and his Inspector General reviewed the tape.  They called the employee in and gave him a verbal warning as they said it was an isolated report.  It happened to my neighbor about two weeks later so he followed the postal truck and every delivery he made of a package to the doorway he  captured it on video.  That was all it took for the USPS to fire the employee.  Turned out kind of sad because days later that ex-employee blew his brains out.  
2023-2-22
Use props
MrWalshy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6404 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I have S23 Ultra on Android 13 running One UI 5.1 and the DJI Fly App fails to load. I get the title screen and then it just closes.
I can't fly until it's resolved. I hope it's fixed really soon.
Premium large screen format device, you'd think it would be a priority for ensuring the app worked.
2023-2-26
Use props
MrWalshy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6404 ft
United Kingdom

I have just tried uninstalling the DJI Fly App from my S23 Ultra and re-installing it and it seems to be working!
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_2kdBmc6TQQ86
New

United States

MrWalshy Posted at 2-26 01:38
I have just tried uninstalling the DJI Fly App from my S23 Ultra and re-installing it and it seems to be working!

Unfortunately I can't get the DJI Fly App to work on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.  I removed the app and reinstalled directly from from the DJI site.  It downloads but won't launch.  Any suggestions?
2023-2-27
Use props
DarkHelmet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389068 ft
United States

I used samsung smart switch to move my dji fly app from my old note 9 to the new s23 ultra.  it seems to work fine, although i have not taken off yet.  Snowing and cold here.  The controller does connect to the drone (air 2) and the camera works etc....
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_2kdBmc6TQQ86 Posted at 2-27 19:47
Unfortunately I can't get the DJI Fly App to work on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.  I removed the app and reinstalled directly from from the DJI site.  It downloads but won't launch.  Any suggestions?

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Can you confirm if you're getting any specific error messages upon attempting to launch the app? If possible, kindly post a short screen recording or a screenshot for further checking. Thank you.
2023-3-2
Use props
DarkHelmet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389068 ft
United States

I had a chance to fly my air 2 over the weekend with the galaxy s23 ultra worked fin as far as I could tell.  I did have one moment getting ready to catch land, my drone did not want to trun left/right.   might be something not related to the s23 tho.   
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DarkHelmet Posted at 3-7 12:23
I had a chance to fly my air 2 over the weekend with the galaxy s23 ultra worked fin as far as I could tell.  I did have one moment getting ready to catch land, my drone did not want to trun left/right.   might be something not related to the s23 tho.

Hi, DarkHelmet. Thanks for reaching out. We're glad to know that the DJI Fly app works fine on your mobile phone. Regarding the sideways failure, kindly refer to the following details:
1. Please select an open environment without obstacles for flying.
2. Check whether the aircraft, remote controller, and app are the latest versions. If not, please update them.
3. Check whether the “Disable Sideways Flight” option has been enabled. Go to Settings>Control.
4. Check the control stick mode selected and the movement of the control stick. If Mode 2 is selected, the right stick is the tilt stick.
5. Calibrate the remote controller.
If the issue persists, kindly record a short video and share it with us for further checking. Thank you.
2023-3-7
Use props
fansb9be8fa0
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-20 06:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra has not been tested yet by our engineers. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices. In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.

How about certifying with google enhanced security too?
s23 ultra come on now.

2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansb9be8fa0 Posted at 3-9 17:44
How about certifying with google enhanced security too?
s23 ultra come on now.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please tell us more about the inquiry? Are you having issues downloading the said application on your S23 ultra? Could you please provide us a screenshot of the error message so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-10
Use props
djiuser_G7wyP6veu8ek
New

United States

Same issue on my end. Whenever I try using DJI Fly on my Galaxy S23 Ultra, the app tells me my device is unsupported. Any solutions?
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_G7wyP6veu8ek Posted at 3-11 10:22
Same issue on my end. Whenever I try using DJI Fly on my Galaxy S23 Ultra, the app tells me my device is unsupported. Any solutions?

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from this link. If the issue remains, kindly post a screenshot of the error message and confirm the DJI drone you are using. We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-3-11
Use props
djiuser_BJ4KdzOaP4ea
New

United States

DJI
Is outrageous not to be able to follow up with the Samsung phone release. The excuse that are so many phone brands and models on the market is at least lame ... for me is offensive.

We are talking about a high cost product for a high cost phone which happen to be the best phone right now ... osmo 6 and s23 ultra.

What is you thinking when you decided not to prioritize compatibility with S23 ultra????

I just bought osmo 6, indeed without reading first that is not compatible, and extremely disappointed that not even be able to use shutter button outside MIMO not to mention very limited function inside MIMO ...
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_BJ4KdzOaP4ea Posted at 3-19 01:41
DJI
Is outrageous not to be able to follow up with the Samsung phone release. The excuse that are so many phone brands and models on the market is at least lame ... for me is offensive.

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience and we understand your frustration. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices. In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We will record your mobile phone model and forward them to our related team for review. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_F3aGLr84f84P
lvl.1

United States

The Samsung S series phones are equal in sales to Iphone.
Why wouldnt you at DJI test for new Samsung?
I purchased the new Osmo 6 not knowing that it wouldnt work with my S23 Ultra.
2023-3-23
Use props
djiuser_zfPGaBoc8ywt
New

Brazil

Obrigado pelas informações!
Troquei o meu antigo Note 20 ultra por um S23 ultra e nos primeiros testes a estabilização funcionou perfeitamente, mas quando tento salvar um novo projeto utilizando os modelos disponíveis no DJI Mino, na finalização do projeto, no momento da gravação, as imagens não são salvas e as tomadas de vídeo aparecem individuais na galeria, nao se fundem em um projeto único.
2023-3-27
Use props
fansd615b438
New
United States

Since updating to s23 ultra. When installing the dji fly app downloaded from dji. It will start to update the fly safe database. Get to 40% then just sits there. Uninstalled reinstalled same every time. I've done it until the battery on the drone itself died.
Help
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_F3aGLr84f84P Posted at 3-23 19:37
The Samsung S series phones are equal in sales to Iphone.
Why wouldnt you at DJI test for new Samsung?
I purchased the new Osmo 6 not knowing that it wouldnt work with my S23 Ultra.

We apologize for the inconvenience. As your mobile phone’s dimensions and weight meet the gimbal’s hardware requirements, you can connect your mobile phone to a DJI device’s Bluetooth, and then use the mobile phone camera or a third-party camera app for gimbal stabilization when recording. However, we have not tested your mobile phone software compatibility with DJI Mimo. When your mobile phone is being used with DJI Mimo, unknown issues may occur, such as freezing, crashing, and recording errors, which will affect your user experience, If you insist on using DJI Mimo, we recommend that you use your mobile phone camera for better quality operation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_zfPGaBoc8ywt Posted at 3-27 04:44
Obrigado pelas informações!
Troquei o meu antigo Note 20 ultra por um S23 ultra e nos primeiros testes a estabilização funcionou perfeitamente, mas quando tento salvar um novo projeto utilizando os modelos disponíveis no DJI Mino, na finalização do projeto, no momento da gravação, as imagens não são salvas e as tomadas de vídeo aparecem individuais na galeria, nao se fundem em um projeto único.

We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us with a screen recording showing the issue? Are you referring to the Editor of the DJI Mimo app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_yBG8vcbkHHEb
New

India

Does your Galaxy Note 20 works with DJI? if yes can you please advise me on how connect it with my Galaxy Note 20 phone.
2023-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yBG8vcbkHHEb Posted at 4-3 07:02
Does your Galaxy Note 20 works with DJI? if yes can you please advise me on how connect it with my Galaxy Note 20 phone.

I have the DJI Fly App installed on my Note 20.  It connects to the remote controller and I have no issues with it when flying DJI drones.  You do have to grant permission to install an App from an unknown source.  If you are not familiar with that just google it and there are many YT videos on it also.  You can download the Fly App from the DJI download center or on the apkmirror.com

2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_8kAk6sUxGcjX
New

Mexico

I cannot use properly my samsung s23 ultra with the dji mimo app. The gran angular lens its not working
2023-4-5
Use props
djiuser_M3EorB52uGuG
New
Flight distance : 6708953 ft
United States

20230413_133208.jpg
2023-4-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

2023-4-15
Use props
Chris Carlyle
New

United Kingdom

When they gonna do that? Slow mo etc dont work with phone
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Chris Carlyle Posted at 5-26 11:35
When they gonna do that? Slow mo etc dont work with phone

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what DJI product are you currently using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules