Mr & Mrs Irritating.
1014 8 2023-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
takeslousyphoto
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm fortunate that I have a disused quarry 10 minute walk from hoe. It's a perfect spot to practice a bit of flying, no ohuses, the occasional dog walker........ or at least it was. There I am miding my own business just abouth to change a battery and heading toward me are Mr & Mrs (about to be irritating).........'What do you think you are doing?' he says 'You can't do that here!' she says. At this point, need to point out that I've checked with the council and there are no by-laws prohibiting me from flying there so, my retort..........

........... 'I'm flying this. I am flying it in compliance with all laws, regulations and safety standards. I am a registered a flyer and operator with the Civil Aviation Authority@ at which point I flash the very natty little card I've had printed with my name, Flyer ID, Operator ID and the CAA Logo on it

Mr Irritating then goes on about the law blah blah blah........... not safe .........blah blah. 'I'm going to call the Police.'

I've had enoughj of these two now......... 'Look, I'm going to carry on with what I'm doing so please MOVE AWAY otherwise you will probably breaking the law, Interfering with a CAA authorised commercial flight'. and I may have to call the police.

.......Mr & Missus now leave muttering.

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DO IT ???????
2023-2-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, there will always be drone haters and people that appoint themselves as drone police.  
2023-2-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate encounter with a "know-it-all" who (of course) knows more about the subject than you do. I suspect we've all encountered one at some stage (twice in my experience). It does rather spoil the day when these self-appointed drone police come along and try to impose their misinformed opinions on you.
2023-2-22
Use props
AZ Tony
lvl.3
United States

You handled it well, more time and patience than I would have had in that situation. So far all that have been in my vicinity while out flying have been either interested and observe for a bit or they just ignore me and let me do my thing.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cant say Ive had this problem yet,  I did once have a woman complain I was flying over the sea where the seals swim but apart from that most people are interested.      I have toyed with the idea of making up a leaflet that contains the rules etc to hand out and if it becomes an issue I might do that,   I will include on that leaflet - "Interfering with a drone flight may also be an offence under Article 240 of the Air Navigation Order in endangering the aircraft (it does not matter that it is unmanned)."
2023-2-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope people will let you fly your drones without interference in the future.
2023-2-23
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

There will always be those folks who think they make the laws...
2023-2-25
Use props
takeslousyphoto
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Went out today. One or two dog walkers. But the only person made any sort of comment was a "good afternoon" from a woman with a dog....... A good time was had by all
2023-3-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

takeslousyphoto Posted at 3-3 12:43
Went out today. One or two dog walkers. But the only person made any sort of comment was a "good afternoon" from a woman with a dog....... A good time was had by all

Glad to hear your experience was more of a pleasant one this time.

Something of a bit different thing, but still a bit related: I've noticed that my Pocket 2 does arise some attention among people when I'm using it on public places. Nothing negative though so far, rather them being amazed and curious. I found it kind of funny when I was filming a car parade and meet at our local marketplace last year, and a complete stranger to me just stopped me and said: "Excuse me for distracting you, but what on earth is that thing you're using?"
2023-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules