File Transfer Problems
793 4 2023-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bling23
New
Ireland

Hi there,

I just got a new Osmo 3 and looking forward to getting to use it. I formatted the SD car and took some footage. I cant seem to get the laptop to see the card wheteher I use a card reader or direct into the laptop with USB. Footage is recorded fine and I managed to air drop it to the laptop but I would like to just plug in and it shows up as a drive.either via the card reader or direct into camera itself. My card is sandisc extereme pro and the laptop is MBP running Ventura 31.2.1 and Osmo software is up to date. Do I need to install drivers or what can I do.
Thank you for any help.
Sean

IMG_0784.jpg
2023-2-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

No, you don't need any drivers. I also have a MBP (2015) running Monterey. Also using a Sandisk Extreme card. I don't have any issue using the card in a card reader.

Have you checked if Disk Utility can see the card?

Also, based on the photo you posted, the camera doesn't seem to be in disk/file transfer mode.

Also, have you tried it without clamshell mode? Prolly not the culprit but you never know...
2023-2-20
Use props
Bling23
New
Ireland

osmonauta Posted at 2-20 09:49
No, you don't need any drivers. I also have a MBP (2015) running Monterey. Also using a Sandisk Extreme card. I don't have any issue using the card in a card reader.

Have you checked if Disk Utility can see the card?

I will check that ( kinda know where that is ) , the card was working fine in a GoPro from the reader then I formatted it for the Osmo and nothing, bit strange.
I didn't realise there is a file share mode on the Osmo to send files, ill try this also.
Thanks
Sean
2023-2-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Bling23 Posted at 2-20 11:20
I will check that ( kinda know where that is ) , the card was working fine in a GoPro from the reader then I formatted it for the Osmo and nothing, bit strange.
I didn't realise there is a file share mode on the Osmo to send files, ill try this also.
Thanks

Well, once you plugin the cable in the camera, and then to the USB port, provided your camera is turned ON, you will get a screen where you can select file transfer/disk mode. You need to select that otherwise it won't show.

As far as why it doesn't show using a card reader.... that's weird. Sometimes when I connect a card (regular SDHC) it doesn't show up on my desktop and I have to remove the card and plug it in again. But it doesn't happen a lot.
2023-2-20
Use props
Bling23
New
Ireland

osmonauta Posted at 2-20 11:27
Well, once you plugin the cable in the camera, and then to the USB port, provided your camera is turned ON, you will get a screen where you can select file transfer/disk mode. You need to select that otherwise it won't show.

As far as why it doesn't show using a card reader.... that's weird. Sometimes when I connect a card (regular SDHC) it doesn't show up on my desktop and I have to remove the card and plug it in again. But it doesn't happen a lot.

Thanks for that ill give that a go , appreciate the help
2023-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules