Looking for ideas how to "offset the camera" on a neck mount
851 4 2023-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I have this neck mount from Telesin. I like it. It's great. So far I was only using it during walking but now that the sun is out more, I have started using it during biking, too, to see how it compares with the handlebar mount.
telesin-neck-mount.jpg

I actually like this (somehwat) better than a handlebar mount for two reasons. One, the camera sits higher (about a foot - 30cm) so it sees "more". And second, the turns are not as abrupt as when the camera is on the handlebar since the camera is aligned with my upper body which is not turning, as opposed to the handlebar, which is turning. So if I were to swing left and right, the footage is still relatively straight as opposed going wild due to the turning of the camera. Anyhow...

One small downside I found (hence the post topic) is that the camera is mounted dead center. The problem is, the lens on the camera is not dead center but it's offset about 3/4 of an inch (or about 2cm). So when I ride, it appears that the camera is tilted. I was looking at my first footage and I was like, what the heck, the neck mount must've moved. But on my second ride I paid more attention, yet the footage was somewhat "off". It took me some time to realize it's because the camera lens is actually more towards my left side, hence it is showing more of my left arm (ultra wide lens). And this disturbes me.

So I was curious if anyone has ideas if there is a way to offset the camera mounting so the lens would be centered with the neck mount (and my chest) so it wouldn't give this weird effect as if the camera was tilted. In the image below, you can see more of my left arm cuz the lens is closer to it.

bike.jpg
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may try viewing our Osmo Action Chest Strap Mount. It is comfortable to wear, with an adjustable camera tilt angle. If this suits your needs in biking, kindly click the "Reserve Now' tab and the team will notify you once the item is available to purchase. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-2-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Thanks for the info, Diana. I did not want a chest strap to begin with. I preferred a neck mount. Also, I don't have a problem with tilting the camera up or down. I can do that with the neck mount since it has a standard GoPro mount. I'm looking for ideas to offset the camera (aka moving it left/right) not up/down.
2023-2-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have that same neck mount and it's great.
About centering, you could always get someone to 3D print a new mount that is like 2cm to side for it to be center. But I think it's mostly yourself that seeing it, and viewers on youtube doesn't care
2023-2-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

offset
2023-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules