DJI Fly App on the google pixel 6a
5433 13 2023-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebtechnik
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,
I will by me a drone, who I want to use the DJI Fly app. But before I by me the drone I must know if the DJI Fly App on the google pixel 6a workers.
Thank you for answering!
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sebtechnik. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the Google Pixel 6 is already compatible with the DJI Fly app but the Google Pixel 6a is still not included in the compatibility list. Due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices.

In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding. Hopefully, other users that have the same phone can share their experience with the application.  
2023-2-21
Use props
Sebtechnik
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-21 02:45
Hi, Sebtechnik. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the Google Pixel 6 is already compatible with the DJI Fly app but the Google Pixel 6a is still not included in the compatibility list. Due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices.

In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding. Hopefully, other users that have the same phone can share their experience with the application.

Thank you for your answer, but I hope someone will give me their opinion with the DJI Fly app on the Google Pixel 6A.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sebtechnik Posted at 3-1 07:48
Thank you for your answer, but I hope someone will give me their opinion with the DJI Fly app on the Google Pixel 6A.

You're most welcome. We hope that you can get the information you needed from the other users. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy weekend!
2023-3-3
Use props
FlyMagic
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-3 19:36
You're most welcome. We hope that you can get the information you needed from the other users. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy weekend!

But there are millions of us out there with Google 6a phones, and dji is not listening. The Google 6a is not some niche phone; it is VERY popular. I was on the verge of purchasing a dji drone, the Mini 3 Pro, but I won't do that unless and until I have full confidence that if I do, it will be as compatible with the 6a as it is with other phones. But I understand that they have so much business right now that they won't miss those of us with 6a phones who won't purchase a dji drone until we get that assurance. It's a sellers market right now, but...stay tuned.
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlyMagic Posted at 4-10 23:23
But there are millions of us out there with Google 6a phones, and dji is not listening. The Google 6a is not some niche phone; it is VERY popular. I was on the verge of purchasing a dji drone, the Mini 3 Pro, but I won't do that unless and until I have full confidence that if I do, it will be as compatible with the 6a as it is with other phones. But I understand that they have so much business right now that they won't miss those of us with 6a phones who won't purchase a dji drone until we get that assurance. It's a sellers market right now, but...stay tuned.

Hi, FlyMagic. We're sorry for the inconvenience. As mentioned in our previous post, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, DJI engineers are unable to test all devices. We recommend that you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_VPvMx6SJy0wH
lvl.1

Germany

Google pixel 6a does not work, the transmission of the camera image is extremely delayed, every 10 seconds a still image in black and white and then color again. The problem with Android 13 is known to DJI and they do nothing. It's a shame-
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_VPvMx6SJy0wH Posted at 4-14 11:31
Google pixel 6a does not work, the transmission of the camera image is extremely delayed, every 10 seconds a still image in black and white and then color again. The problem with Android 13 is known to DJI and they do nothing. It's a shame-

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know what DJI drone are you using and could you please try to use another phone and see if the problem still exists? If possible, please send us a related video via Google Drive or Dropbox as well. Thanks in advance.
2023-4-14
Use props
djiuser_VPvMx6SJy0wH
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-14 20:04
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know what DJI drone are you using and could you please try to use another phone and see if the problem still exists? If possible, please send us a related video via Google Drive or Dropbox as well. Thanks in advance.

I use DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
And it works with older phones. And I think DJI is aware of the issue and your post is a block of text and DJI will not do anything to change it.
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_VPvMx6SJy0wH Posted at 4-16 09:26
I use DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
And it works with older phones. And I think DJI is aware of the issue and your post is a block of text and DJI will not do anything to change it.

Thanks for your updated information.
We are sorry that Pixel 6a is not on our list and may not support the APP (
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2)  As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term.
If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Supported phones.png
2023-4-16
Use props
matusk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1252999 ft
Slovakia

I just installed Dji Fly on Google pixel 6a. Do not go to google play store, just go to DJI website download app directly, Dont use QR code. Allow app to install in system. Than use inapp updates. I havent tested it with drone for now but it looks like it works fine.
2023-9-27
Use props
ilpaolino1
lvl.1

Italy

matusk Posted at 9-27 23:53
I just installed Dji Fly on Google pixel 6a. Do not go to google play store, just go to DJI website download app directly, Dont use QR code. Allow app to install in system. Than use inapp updates. I havent tested it with drone for now but it looks like it works fine.

Thanks. Have you done a test? Does It work?
2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_uRKnXIKK9Xox
New
Flight distance : 23609 ft

United Kingdom

Good day. I have an issue with the DJI Fly app on my Pixel 6A smartphone running Android 14. The app was working when the phone was on Android 13. However, after updating to Android 14, all apps are working except DJI Fly. There is an issue where the app periodically stops working. When the app opens, it only stays on the logo for a few seconds and then suddenly closes. Afterward, I receive the error I described. I understand that the app is not compatible with Android 14. When can we expect compatibility updates for Android 14?"
2023-10-9
Use props
matusk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1252999 ft
Slovakia

ilpaolino1 Posted at 9-29 05:32
Thanks. Have you done a test? Does It work?

yes, works fine, I am casual pilot, no issues what so ever for me.

@djiuser_uRKnXIKK9Xox

I do have it (Fly app) installed and working on android 14 (pixel 6a) may be uinstall yours than install again from DJI website.
Go for direct app file download, allow android to install "unsafe" app

2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules