Action 2: Add a 20mm (35mm Equivalent option)
1208 1 2023-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobCass
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I love this little Action 2 and though it was marketed as an action cam, I personally like it as an ultra-light vlogging camera for multiple reasons:

1) Stability of the footage
2) Light, small and inconspicuous
3) USB-C for easy STANDARD microphone attachment

Though I like the wide FOV for action stuff, for vlogging it is a bit too wide.

Per DJI spec, it is stated that currently the 35mm Format Equivalent: 12.7 mm on there Action 2.
I would love if DJI added a new FOV / 35mm Equivalent option via firmware update that was more around 20mm FOV (after all the stabilization crops are applied) for an additional use beyond an action cam / ultra wide. The Pocket 2 is spec’d at 20mm and that would be great.

I know there are other FPV option, but they are all still very wide.
Action 2 does have a zoom, but the degradation in image quality when digital zoomed in noticeable.
I could crop in in post as well, but that is an additional step and degradation of the original video quality as well.

They could bring new life into this camera as both an Action and vlogging camera in one solution with the additional of this one new setting.

2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, RobCass. Thanks for the elaborate and helpful suggestion. We hear you, and rest assured that your voice will be cascaded to our DJI Developers for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your continued support!
2023-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules