123Next >
24567 95 2023-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AgSmart UAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1843015 ft

New Zealand

Hi, Can anyone from DJI help with how i can install Pilot 2 on an Android device?(samsung A8) I only seem to be able to find links etc for the original Pilot app.

Thanks in advance
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AgSmart UAV. Thank you for reaching out. I sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-2-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 00:50
Hi, AgSmart UAV. Thank you for reaching out. I sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.

Hi can I also receive some more info on this please? I'd love to use the APK just to flight plan on my phone or bigger tablet. Thank you.
2023-2-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 00:50

You know what, nevermind. Since DJI loves to give us Enterprise customers the silent treatment I'll try to help the community out. I extracted the Pilot 2 APK straight off my RC Pro Enterprise and I'd love to share it with anyone who wants it. It's a Google Drive link for DJI Pilot 2 V5.2.1.3 drive.google.com/share/DJIPilot2V5.2.1.3  Why DJI can't just have this hosted themselves beats me. We'll see if they're kind enough to not remove this post.
Important Note - I installed on my Android 12 phone, it installs fine but won't open. I installed on an older Android 8 phone and it works perfect. RC Pro's are running Android 10 so compatability is lost on either 11 or 12.
2023-2-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Johnnokomis!
2023-2-24
Use props
AgSmart UAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1843015 ft

New Zealand

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285668 Hi there, you can try to download the app through this link to see if it works. https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/6Kd993wd7Y7o4za
2023-2-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AgSmart UAV Posted at 2-24 15:48
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285668 Hi there, you can try to download the app through this link to see if it works. https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/6Kd993wd7Y7o4za

Try and see if it works? Dude I just gave a link that definitely works. Also it's an up to date version of the app.
2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-22 19:31
You know what, nevermind. Since DJI loves to give us Enterprise customers the silent treatment I'll try to help the community out. I extracted the Pilot 2 APK straight off my RC Pro Enterprise and I'd love to share it with anyone who wants it. It's a Google Drive link for DJI Pilot 2 V5.2.1.3 drive.google.com/share/DJIPilot2V5.2.1.3  Why DJI can't just have this hosted themselves beats me. We'll see if they're kind enough to not remove this post.
Important Note - I installed on my Android 12 phone, it installs fine but won't open. I installed on an older Android 8 phone and it works perfect. RC Pro's are running Android 10 so compatability is lost on either 11 or 12.

Hi, Johnnokomis. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late reply. The link provided by AgSmart UAV above was from us please feel free to download it. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AgSmart UAV Posted at 2-24 15:48

Thank you for sharing the link. Please confirm also if it worked on your end. Thank you
2023-2-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 08:02
Thank you for sharing the link. Please confirm also if it worked on your end. Thank you

This link is for version 4.0.1.21 and the current version that I shared is version 5.2.1.3. If having a version name that long isn't confusing enough, the version you're recommending (4.0.1.21) isn't even listed in Pilot 2's update log. Why can't DJI be a little more clear and transparent with updates like you are when there's a DJI Fly app update? It's easily downloadable everytime there's an update. For Pilot 2 though it seems like it's hidden and the best link provided looks sketchy and years old.
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-25 09:25
This link is for version 4.0.1.21 and the current version that I shared is version 5.2.1.3. If having a version name that long isn't confusing enough, the version you're recommending (4.0.1.21) isn't even listed in Pilot 2's update log. Why can't DJI be a little more clear and transparent with updates like you are when there's a DJI Fly app update? It's easily downloadable everytime there's an update. For Pilot 2 though it seems like it's hidden and the best link provided looks sketchy and years old.

Hi, Johnnokomis. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Let me confirm the most updated version of Pilot 2 for Android phones from our relevant team.
2023-2-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 07:55
Hi, Johnnokomis. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Let me confirm the most updated version of Pilot 2 for Android phones from our relevant team.

Good luck getting an answer for that question. DJI doesn't support Pilot 2 for ANY Android phone. DJI doesn't release the APK because you want to keep it exclusive to the RCs that y'all sell. You hide the app APKs inside of the firmware .bin file when there's an update to the RC. Luckily, DJI depends on Android. With that being open source the APKs can be extracted like I have done and offered it to everyone since DJI refuses to.

Another roadblock you'll hit when inquiring the most updated version is because DJI has made this very complicated. The 3 flagship Enterprise drones are the M3E, M30 and the M300. They all use different versions of Pilot 2. That's why the version you suggested doesn't even show up on my M3E's update logs. To rub salt in the wound those same three all require their own controller that aren't cross compatible with each other. Imagine how average consumers would react if the Air 2s, Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pros all required different DJI Fly apps. DJI has made this all so unnecessarily complicated that I'm not surprised even their own staff has a hard time understanding it.
2023-2-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

For those interested here's the APK for the newly released Pilot 2 version 6.1.1.1
It still doesn't work on Android 12 but I can confirm it works on 9 and 10.

drive.google.com/share/DJIPilot2V6.1.1.1
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 542431 ft
Austria

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-2 22:36
For those interested here's the APK for the newly released Pilot 2 version 6.1.1.1
It still doesn't work on Android 12 but I can confirm it works on 9 and 10.

Thank you so much!
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-26 16:25
Good luck getting an answer for that question. DJI doesn't support Pilot 2 for ANY Android phone. DJI doesn't release the APK because you want to keep it exclusive to the RCs that y'all sell. You hide the app APKs inside of the firmware .bin file when there's an update to the RC. Luckily, DJI depends on Android. With that being open source the APKs can be extracted like I have done and offered it to everyone since DJI refuses to.

Another roadblock you'll hit when inquiring the most updated version is because DJI has made this very complicated. The 3 flagship Enterprise drones are the M3E, M30 and the M300. They all use different versions of Pilot 2. That's why the version you suggested doesn't even show up on my M3E's update logs. To rub salt in the wound those same three all require their own controller that aren't cross compatible with each other. Imagine how average consumers would react if the Air 2s, Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pros all required different DJI Fly apps. DJI has made this all so unnecessarily complicated that I'm not surprised even their own staff has a hard time understanding it.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we would love to clarify this:
1. The performance of different products is different, and the remote control hardware of the corresponding design will also be varied from different models. Currently, M3E/M30/M300 use different remote controls, and they cannot be compatible with one another;
2. The remote controllers of these products have a built-in Pilot 2 app, and they cannot be used with external mobile devices. That is to say, users cannot control the aircraft through other mobile devices, therefore, the official website does not release the corresponding APK file.
Yet, as you say, if there is a need, apk file can be provided, however, we may not be able to guarantee the performance of the app on other mobile devices.
Thank you for you understanding.
2023-3-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-8 04:35
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we would love to clarify this:
1. The performance of different products is different, and the remote control hardware of the corresponding design will also be varied from different models. Currently, M3E/M30/M300 use different remote controls, and they cannot be compatible with one another;
2. The remote controllers of these products have a built-in Pilot 2 app, and they cannot be used with external mobile devices. That is to say, users cannot control the aircraft through other mobile devices, therefore, the official website does not release the corresponding APK file.

Hey Susan, thanks for the reply.

1. So you're saying different = different. Thanks for the clarification. The way you worded #1 sounds promising but also disappointing. You start the last sentence off with "Currently". As in this is subject to change in the future. You end the same sentence with "they cannot be compatible with each other". Do you see where your wording is a direct contradiction here?
It also is completely false. They aren't compatible would be an accurate statement. They cannot be compatible is a flat out lie.
2. Pilot 2 isn't "built in". You make it sound like the app is an integral part of the OS. Pre installed is a more accurate wording since it can be installed on most any device running Android. Again, "cannot be used with mobile devices" is completely false. I've posted screenshots on this forum that were taken from my phone and nobody even noticed the difference. Nobody is asking or even wanting to pilot from their phone. If I'm out bidding a job I'd like to pull my phone out and make a flight plan on the spot and give an estimate within minutes. Nobody should have to be restricted to only a bulky but small 5.5" screen to flight plan from. Flighthub 2 is STILL unable to do this even though DJI release notes reported it as a new feature.

There's no question there is a need and has been a need. This isn't some new request that DJI was unaware of. That's why I provided the APK here that DJI refuses to. So you're a little too late on the offer. Like you said, we're not flying from our phones so stability of the app isn't a huge deal.
2023-3-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I've started a repository of Pilot 2 APK's that includes the one released today. DJI could step up and do it themselves but we all know that will never happen. I don't have an RC Plus to extract the Pilot 2 APK for the M30. If someone can provide it though I'll add it as well. The root folder can be viewed here - DJI Pilot 2 APKs

M300
Pilot 2 V5.1.1.7
Pilot 2 V6.1.2.3

Mavic 3 Enterprise
Pilot 2 V5.2.1.3
Pilot 2 V6.1.1.1
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-8 18:01
Hey Susan, thanks for the reply.

1. So you're saying different = different. Thanks for the clarification. The way you worded #1 sounds promising but also disappointing. You start the last sentence off with "Currently". As in this is subject to change in the future. You end the same sentence with "they cannot be compatible with each other". Do you see where your wording is a direct contradiction here?
I understand your feedback on this. At the moment, the thing I can do is to keep forwarding the customer's feedback to the engineers for their further consideration. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2023-3-18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-18 23:09
I understand your feedback on this. At the moment, the thing I can do is to keep forwarding the customer's feedback to the engineers for their further consideration. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for forwarding the message. As you can see here Pilot 2 is even able to run on my child's Amazon Fire tablet. This is a mid level performing device on a good day and runs it fine. Well maybe not perfect, the app does crash when you click to begin planning a mission. I can view the map and even my past cloud reconstructed maps.  The whole point I'm trying to make is that this would take little to no effort on your engineers part to make this a reality. The work is already done, DJI just has to make this available to us pilots. So what's the hold up?
20230319_184850~2.jpg
20230319_184805~2.jpg
20230319_184940~2.jpg
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-19 20:43
Thank you for forwarding the message. As you can see here Pilot 2 is even able to run on my child's Amazon Fire tablet. This is a mid level performing device on a good day and runs it fine. Well maybe not perfect, the app does crash when you click to begin planning a mission. I can view the map and even my past cloud reconstructed maps.  The whole point I'm trying to make is that this would take little to no effort on your engineers part to make this a reality. The work is already done, DJI just has to make this available to us pilots. So what's the hold up?

Hi Johnnokomis,

thank you very much for testing and sharing!

2023-3-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 3-29 14:31
Hi Johnnokomis,

thank you very much for testing and sharing!

No problem, I just wish DJI shared the same interest in improving their own products as we do.
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

Has anyone ever tried to bring the APK on the PC to run? So with an emulator? I have unfortunately only new Android versions on my phone and can not test it otherwise.Or on which devices run the APK posted here for the Mavic 3e?
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-9 14:17
I've started a repository of Pilot 2 APK's that includes the one released today. DJI could step up and do it themselves but we all know that will never happen. I don't have an RC Plus to extract the Pilot 2 APK for the M30. If someone can provide it though I'll add it as well. The root folder can be viewed here - DJI Pilot 2 APKs

M300

Has anyone ever tried to bring the APK on the PC to run? So with an emulator? I have unfortunately only new Android versions on my phone and can not test it otherwise.Or on which devices run the APK posted here for the Mavic 3e?
2023-3-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ Posted at 3-30 03:37
Has anyone ever tried to bring the APK on the PC to run? So with an emulator? I have unfortunately only new Android versions on my phone and can not test it otherwise.Or on which devices run the APK posted here for the Mavic 3e?

I have had that idea but couldn't find a good way to bring an Android VM into VMware. My next idea is using Android Studio as an emulator but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I did just recently install Teamviewer Host onto my RC Pro Enterprise which makes it easy to share it's screen with a PC. Even over the internet if it's not on the same LAN.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-30 03:52
I have had that idea but couldn't find a good way to bring an Android VM into VMware. My next idea is using Android Studio as an emulator but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I did just recently install Teamviewer Host onto my RC Pro Enterprise which makes it easy to share it's screen with a PC. Even over the internet if it's not on the same LAN.

Have you tested the APK on a tablet or smartphone?
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Germany

djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ Posted at 3-30 03:37
Has anyone ever tried to bring the APK on the PC to run? So with an emulator? I have unfortunately only new Android versions on my phone and can not test it otherwise.Or on which devices run the APK posted here for the Mavic 3e?

I have tried different Android emulators and PC as well as Android Studio. Neither did work, in Android Studio it didn't matter which version of Android I used for the virtual device. I didn't even achieve to install the apk on there. But I know way to little about Android Studio. I did get it to work (including mapping and obligue planning) on a Oneplus 3 running Android 9 and on a Oneplus 7T Pro running Android 11. I can't get the app to open on a Samsung Note 20 Ultra, but everything except mapping and obligue mission planning works on an old Sony Z4 Tablet.

Since it completely works on two of my devices, i am currently trying to convert the kmz files generated in Pilot 2 to be executable in DJI Fly since I only own a mavic 3.

If anybody has found any solutions to these issues I would love to hear about it.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ Posted at 3-30 05:28
I have tried different Android emulators and PC as well as Android Studio. Neither did work, in Android Studio it didn't matter which version of Android I used for the virtual device. I didn't even achieve to install the apk on there. But I know way to little about Android Studio. I did get it to work (including mapping and obligue planning) on a Oneplus 3 running Android 9 and on a Oneplus 7T Pro running Android 11. I can't get the app to open on a Samsung Note 20 Ultra, but everything except mapping and obligue mission planning works on an old Sony Z4 Tablet.

Since it completely works on two of my devices, i am currently trying to convert the kmz files generated in Pilot 2 to be executable in DJI Fly since I only own a mavic 3.

The KMZ is not a problem to get going. I've already tested a Mavic 3e. Only has to make a waypoint mission on the Mavic 3 and save it. Then copy the kmz from the mavic 3e into the folder and copy the name of the other kmz and paste it into the new one.

like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0dZ1Jzw-g&t=246s
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Germany

djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ Posted at 3-30 06:15
The KMZ is not a problem to get going. I've already tested a Mavic 3e. Only has to make a waypoint mission on the Mavic 3 and save it. Then copy the kmz from the mavic 3e into the folder and copy the name of the other kmz and paste it into the new one.

like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0dZ1Jzw-g&t=246s

In my experience the DJI Fly app doesn't "like" to upload an unedited kmz from Pilot 2. Especially when the wpml (inside the kmz) contains multiple layers (Folders) like obligue and smart boligue missions. So far I was able to open every kmz file in the Fly app (by creating one and renaming the other) but not everyone of these was executable.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ Posted at 3-30 06:36
In my experience the DJI Fly app doesn't "like" to upload an unedited kmz from Pilot 2. Especially when the wpml (inside the kmz) contains multiple layers (Folders) like obligue and smart boligue missions. So far I was able to open every kmz file in the Fly app (by creating one and renaming the other) but not everyone of these was executable.

You can only save one level at a time, then it's great. Barley still made, since I just have a Mavic 3e for testing here.
2023-3-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ Posted at 3-30 04:06
Have you tested the APK on a tablet or smartphone?

I have installed Pilot 2 on my LG V30 (Android 8) LG V40 (Android 9) and the Fire Tablet (modified Android 9) and all will open successfully. On my LG V60 (Android 12) it won't even begin to open.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-30 09:32
I have installed Pilot 2 on my LG V30 (Android 8) LG V40 (Android 9) and the Fire Tablet (modified Android 9) and all will open successfully. On my LG V60 (Android 12) it won't even begin to open.
And all are working successfull? Which fire tablet is it? Is a downgrade to an old android possible?
2023-3-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ Posted at 3-30 10:05
And all are working successfull? Which fire tablet is it? Is a downgrade to an old android possible?

The tablet is a Fire HD 10 kids tablet. It did good until you started to plan a mission then it would immediately crash. Downgrading versions is possible on some but not all Androids. It depends on the brand. If the device has a custom recovery then you can swap back and forth between versions within 5-10 mins. Android 10, what the RCs are all running, just turned 4 years old. DJI will have to update their app to support newer versions soon if they care at all about security patches.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-30 13:34
The tablet is a Fire HD 10 kids tablet. It did good until you started to plan a mission then it would immediately crash. Downgrading versions is possible on some but not all Androids. It depends on the brand. If the device has a custom recovery then you can swap back and forth between versions within 5-10 mins. Android 10, what the RCs are all running, just turned 4 years old. DJI will have to update their app to support newer versions soon if they care at all about security patches.

If the app crashes, you probably can't tell it's working on the tablet. Have you ever created missions somewhere on it without crashing?
2023-3-30
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Liking this discussion.
2023-3-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ Posted at 3-30 14:50
If the app crashes, you probably can't tell it's working on the tablet. Have you ever created missions somewhere on it without crashing?

The tablet? No. However it is easily done on my other devices.

It blows my mind that DJI knows how pilots want this feature and how it would improve their products. How DJI has already done the work and it would require zero additional effort on their part. Yet, they try to keep this app hidden from us and only offer forwarding our comments to the revelant team. What is the strategy behind this?
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-30 16:14
The tablet? No. However it is easily done on my other devices. https://youtu.be/7lMu1FMJqLw

It blows my mind that DJI knows how pilots want this feature and how it would improve their products. How DJI has already done the work and it would require zero additional effort on their part. Yet, they try to keep this app hidden from us and only offer forwarding our comments to the revelant team. What is the strategy behind this?

The strategy might be to make it as inaccessible as possible since there won't be much incentive to buy an enterprise M3 if you can plan and execute mapping missions on the consumer M3. It would then only be hardware (mechanical shutter, RTK) that sets them apart.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-30 16:14
The tablet? No. However it is easily done on my other devices. https://youtu.be/7lMu1FMJqLw

Can you customize the Android version? I would have to buy the cell phone separately. But still cheaper than buying a new drone
2023-3-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ Posted at 3-30 21:03
The strategy might be to make it as inaccessible as possible since there won't be much incentive to buy an enterprise M3 if you can plan and execute mapping missions on the consumer M3. It would then only be hardware (mechanical shutter, RTK) that sets them apart.

Pilot 2 won't work with consumer Mavic's. I couldn't slap my V30 on an RC-N1 controller and fly anything with it. I wouldn't want that ability anyways. The only thing I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to plan a mapping mission and sync that up with my account and RC Pro Enterprise.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_tJfbdfetV8IJ
lvl.1
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-31 03:57
Pilot 2 won't work with consumer Mavic's. I couldn't slap my V30 on an RC-N1 controller and fly anything with it. I wouldn't want that ability anyways. The only thing I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to plan a mapping mission and sync that up with my account and RC Pro Enterprise.

Of course, you can't connect the normal controller to it. I have already described how to do it and how it works.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-31 03:57
Pilot 2 won't work with consumer Mavic's. I couldn't slap my V30 on an RC-N1 controller and fly anything with it. I wouldn't want that ability anyways. The only thing I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to plan a mapping mission and sync that up with my account and RC Pro Enterprise.

Pilot 2 doesn't work with consumer Mavics but the preplanned missions might ... and do after some modification. That's why I am looking or a way to easily convert kmz files out of Pilot 2 to be executable in DJI Fly.
2023-3-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules