Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh what a grim day.....

Sunrise forecast was 69% for this moring,  but after yesterday SHMBO'd didnt find this high enough,   so I went out alone and got mild fog.    She was right and Im sure she will gloat later.  

Taken with a lighty used Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt a bit gloomy start to the day.  Appears SHMBO made the right decision.  No doubt she'll be gloating.  
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 04:13
No doubt a bit gloomy start to the day.  Appears SHMBO made the right decision.  No doubt she'll be gloating.

Shes not been too bad,  didnt even make jokes about me washing the car when it started to rain.  My plans for flying at high tide look like they are off the table though.
2023-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yup, dull day.
2023-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 04:25
Shes not been too bad,  didnt even make jokes about me washing the car when it started to rain.  My plans for flying at high tide look like they are off the table though.

Sometimes the silent treatment can be worse.

Is the weather shutting down your high tide plans?
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 04:41
Sometimes the silent treatment can be worse.

Is the weather shutting down your high tide plans?

Well its lightly raining now and was due to clear but we've just had an SOS,   someone wants to sell the land next to the MIL house and shes been given first refusal.   But the solicitor is only giving a few days notice so we have to go there to read the letters as shes incapable of emailing them.
2023-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 04:46
Well its lightly raining now and was due to clear but we've just had an SOS,   someone wants to sell the land next to the MIL house and shes been given first refusal.   But the solicitor is only giving a few days notice so we have to go there to read the letters as shes incapable of emailing them.

That might be a great opportunity.  Go help her out.  
2023-2-22
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Seen much worse. As long as it doesn't rain...
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Miserable here complete with some rain.   Just washed the car in the rain and now had to drive it to the MIL as there was an SOS.  
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 2-22 05:26
Seen much worse. As long as it doesn't rain...

lol.  Yes it's raining now.
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 04:57
That might be a great opportunity.  Go help her out.

I think shes going to be getting bill for around £60k
2023-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 05:56
Miserable here complete with some rain.   Just washed the car in the rain and now had to drive it to the MIL as there was an SOS.

Well, it started like it, now it is much better. Fog is gone.
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-22 06:06
Well, it started like it, now it is much better. Fog is gone.

Fog is gone here too as the rain washed it away.  I was going to do a boat chase.  
2023-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 06:11
Fog is gone here too as the rain washed it away.  I was going to do a boat chase.

No rain here. In fact, I just heard a discussion about too little rain already.
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-22 06:12
No rain here. In fact, I just heard a discussion about too little rain already.

We've had a few weeks with very little but then all of the ponds and ditches around here are really brimmed at the moment but Ive not been near the reservoir for a bit to what thats like.  
2023-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 06:14
We've had a few weeks with very little but then all of the ponds and ditches around here are really brimmed at the moment but Ive not been near the reservoir for a bit to what thats like.

France has had one of the most dry winters ever.
2023-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 06:11

Just had a hiccup again.
One thing I noticed is that the message I replied to had one of those DJI emojis in it.
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-22 06:20
France has had one of the most dry winters ever.

We seem to be having a vegetable shortage here,   Im guessing for the same reason.   Some supermarkets just imposed a two limit on purchases.  
2023-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 08:27
We seem to be having a vegetable shortage here,   Im guessing for the same reason.   Some supermarkets just imposed a two limit on purchases.

Yeah, same here.
2023-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 08:27
We seem to be having a vegetable shortage here,   Im guessing for the same reason.   Some supermarkets just imposed a two limit on purchases.

Oh boy, the forum is hicking up again.
2023-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 05:59
I think shes going to be getting bill for around £60k

So is she buying the land?
2023-2-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty average start to the day David. Maybe not hampered by SHMBO pecking your head today ?
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-22 14:26
Pretty average start to the day David. Maybe not hampered by SHMBO pecking your head today ?

No she now refuses to go out early again for a while.         Same again this morning.  really bleak.    Came home to find a fox sleeping in the middle of the lawn.   It's been there an hour so far.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-22 08:49
Oh boy, the forum is hicking up again.

And just when it was going so well.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-22 08:11
Just had a hiccup again.
One thing I noticed is that the message I replied to had one of those DJI emojis in it.

Im not convinced the emoji is the cause.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 13:01
So is she buying the land?

We will see,  there is a large plot of land behind her property that shes had the use of for about 20 years,    the owners are in Australia and it seems like they want to sell some of it and develop the middle part.   they are offering the plots directly behind each of the houses to buy a parcel and they intended to keep the middle and an access road that is on the other side of the land.    By buying the land she will stop them being able to develop right behind the house and as the land is on a hill it could be quite imposing.    The sellers have only given a few days to register interest in purchasing it which we found very suspicious.  And of course it sent the MIL into a tizz so we had to go over and get the paper work she'd received,  we also had aerial shots of the area from my drone so we could show her better what they planned,   then we had to do the same with her neighbour
2023-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 00:09
And just when it was going so well.

So far so good today.
2023-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 00:12
Im not convinced the emoji is the cause.

I agree. Right after I typed that, I got another one without emojis involved.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-23 01:00
So far so good today.

Yes.  I think it only goes wrong when Downtown logs in.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-23 01:00
I agree. Right after I typed that, I got another one without emojis involved.

hahahaha.   thats typical.
2023-2-23
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 2116302 ft
Latvia

Foggy times! Nice capture!
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dimidrone Posted at 2-23 03:02
Foggy times! Nice capture!

We've had better fog days but also some freezing fog which is a PITA.
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 00:18
We will see,  there is a large plot of land behind her property that shes had the use of for about 20 years,    the owners are in Australia and it seems like they want to sell some of it and develop the middle part.   they are offering the plots directly behind each of the houses to buy a parcel and they intended to keep the middle and an access road that is on the other side of the land.    By buying the land she will stop them being able to develop right behind the house and as the land is on a hill it could be quite imposing.    The sellers have only given a few days to register interest in purchasing it which we found very suspicious.  And of course it sent the MIL into a tizz so we had to go over and get the paper work she'd received,  we also had aerial shots of the area from my drone so we could show her better what they planned,   then we had to do the same with her neighbour

Does make you wonder why the property owner placed such a short deadline for decisions to be made.  It will probably be a good deal if she can afford to buy it.  It should preclude development right behind her and should increase her property value with more land.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 03:54
Does make you wonder why the property owner placed such a short deadline for decisions to be made.  It will probably be a good deal if she can afford to buy it.  It should preclude development right behind her and should increase her property value with more land.

Exactly,   shes got the money so thats not a problem,  and in the future it will make the place more saleable for sure.  The bit we would want is 1/4 or an acre so not the biggest area but plenty for a workshop or home office well away from the house.   
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 04:07
Exactly,   shes got the money so thats not a problem,  and in the future it will make the place more saleable for sure.  The bit we would want is 1/4 or an acre so not the biggest area but plenty for a workshop or home office well away from the house.

Sounds like she needs to let the solicitor know she is interested and lock it in before the offer expires.
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 04:07

Looks like they just deleted your thread titled LEGISLATION......

Guess we will both lose a few points on that one.  
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 04:33
Sounds like she needs to let the solicitor know she is interested and lock it in before the offer expires.

That's what we did last night,   luckily he's got an email address so I worded up something and we sent it.  We now need to get some independent valuations done and I will use the drone to get some more shots of the area.  Also Im going to ask they change their access road so that it meets the plot to make it buildable in the future if we wanted to sell it with planning when she moves.  
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 04:49
Looks like they just deleted your thread titled LEGISLATION......

Guess we will both lose a few points on that one.

Now thats weird,  usually they tend to move stuff like that.
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 04:51
That's what we did last night,   luckily he's got an email address so I worded up something and we sent it.  We now need to get some independent valuations done and I will use the drone to get some more shots of the area.  Also Im going to ask they change their access road so that it meets the plot to make it buildable in the future if we wanted to sell it with planning when she moves.

That sounds like a good idea.  Hopefully, they will concur wit your input.  Nice that you have the drone to obtain plenty of overhead footage.  
2023-2-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules