1384 13 2015-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

Hey Guys,

Saw this in the news and thought this is just mad!!!!!

http://petapixel.com/2015/08/19/ ... hooting-down-drones

Slyone
2015-8-19
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

Lol, people are nuts... Thanks for that, probably the funniest thing that I have seen all day.
2015-8-19
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Usa have the craziest gun regulations not a week goes by without some sort of shooting/people killed.
2015-8-19
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

i cant read stuff like this and not get angry,
i get angry because the greatest nation on earth has so many dumb .........
now quads or uav are the enemy
aaahhhhhhhhhhh
2015-8-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I already draped my Phantom 3 in a Pro' Kevlar wrap...
Bullet and Laser proofed. Mostly indestructible, except for Pilot error. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-8-19
Use props
john_351
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

I wouldn't take this too seriously.  This same (I believe) company had "Zombie loads" when all the zombie movies were popular.
2015-8-19
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United Kingdom

Some people / companies will do anything for attention...
2015-8-20
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

I read down in the comments and some guy said:  "No one needs a shotgun to bring down a drone.  DJI software upgrades do it much more effectively".  LOL LOL LOL.
2015-8-20
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

BobbyB Posted at 2015-8-20 20:21
I read down in the comments and some guy said:  "No one needs a shotgun to bring down a drone.  DJI  ...

+1

I think at the point that someone is shooting at a quad, that it's fair play to return the gesture and fly directly at them.  One of the 250 racers that reach 100 mph would make it sporting.

I can't imagine the damage getting hit with 250 racer would do, but I would hope that it never gets to this point.
2015-8-20
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-20 21:40
+1

I think at the point that someone is shooting at a quad, that it's fair play to return the ges ...

I'm getting a Walkera 250 Runner today.  We should start pairing up and using these 250 as wingmen.  Shoot at a P3 and get strafed with a racer as payback.
2015-8-20
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

BobbyB Posted at 2015-8-20 21:53
I'm getting a Walkera 250 Runner today.  We should start pairing up and using these 250 as wingmen ...

I saw a youtube video where a person with a racer that was clocked at over 116 mph, did a crash and burn. He hit the ground at about 15 degrees, just at the bottom of the arch they use for the speed run. There was nothing left to salvage.

Check this one out.   

Too bad that YOU would get charged with assault and possibly attempted murder for the misuse.

It's a good dream, but that's as far as it goes.
2015-8-20
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-20 11:43
i cant read stuff like this and not get angry,
i get angry because the greatest nation on earth has  ...

Can you explain why you consider US as the greatest nation on earth ? (I'm not speaking about the fact that US has the most prestigious universities, the fact that Neil Amstrong walked on the Moon (thanks to a German), the fact that the most incredible ever build airplane, the SR-71, was born in the US and things like that).
You'll be surprised (I'm not) but do you know that top ranked nations in the QLI (Quality of Life Index) are mainly Nordic and some other European countries ? Aren't these "great" countries ?
Anyway, in the US you have the right to fly almost everywhere while in my little country it is and will stay forbidden
You know Ray, a lot of countries all around the planet have their strengths and weaknesses.
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-8-20 22:44
Can you explain why you consider US as the greatest nation on earth ? (I'm not speaking about the  ...

i dont want to make this a political thread, it is just my opinion, and i am not a born american citizen. and i didnt say greatest nation on earth as far as the quality of life goes, for that i would rather live in a country with less hussle and busell, less importance on money and more importance on being happy and a good human being!!
and i would love to visit the nordic countries as i find them beautiful.
have a nice day
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-20 22:07
I saw a youtube video where a person with a racer that was clocked at over 116 mph, did a crash an ...

hey gregg, he said at the end that " it was a bad crash". you think so? lol
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules