Hello ! We have High-Res Grid photo option in Mavic 3E.
3329 11 2023-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maksimrtmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7885761 ft
Russia

Dear Sirs!

We have High-Res Grid photo option in Mavic 3E. After all we have a folder with some q-ty of separate photos with some zoom level and some tool for moving between photos.
Is it possible to combine all photos inside one big one ?
It may be the way to create the High-Res Pano for example.

Have a good evening!
Maxim

Due to mistake this question was in Mavic 3 forum. Hope, here I will find a way.
2023-2-22
Use props
FT Site Eng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1765587 ft
United Kingdom

You can use DJI Terra, Pix4D etc to create a combined .tiff image.
This is done using a quantity of overlapping photos  On the controller you would do this as a mapping mission
2023-2-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

Microsoft made a free program called Image Composite Editor (ICE) that I use for these. It can do all sorts of photo stitching jobs. It's no longer being actively developed but it's still good to use.  

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/image-composite-editor/
2023-2-22
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

We use Hugin : https://hugin.sourceforge.io
2023-2-22
Use props
maksimrtmo
lvl.2
Russia

FT Site Eng Posted at 2-22 07:24
You can use DJI Terra, Pix4D etc to create a combined .tiff image.
This is done using a quantity of overlapping photos  On the controller you would do this as a mapping mission

High-Res Grid photo produce photos without overlap. therefore it is not possible. also not possible to use any sw for pano - on overlapping.
2023-2-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless I'm doing something wrong I can't find a way for DJI Terra to do anything with a SUPR photoset. It doesn't surprise me that DJI would put all the R&D to develop such a feature and then make it basically useless because of lack of communication. Has the M3E already reached its end of life? Because there is ZERO support for it here on this site from DJI.

Meanwhile, I've been somewhat successful with Microsoft's ICE to align the images. There's usually 2 or 3 of the photos that fail to align unfortunately.

2023-2-24
Use props
maksimrtmo
lvl.2
Russia

Hello !
I have a test with - Microsoft made a free program called Image Composite Editor (ICE)  -  no results. due to no overlap.
Hugin -  trying to get the result but no success yet. againe - no overlap.  Have to read the manual - is it possible to work without overlap.

Will be good to see the DJI advice about this.
2023-2-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

OK, I’ve got this and SMART photo figured out.  

First off, High-res grid is NOT the 48mp mode and is also not a panorama (so no overlap). So stop trying to stitch these photos. And the 48 megapixel thing is a marketing gimmick anyway. It’s a quad-bayer stacked sensor, so you get no benefits.

What you do is take the high-res grid shot, then open the “SUPR” folder containing that series of shots, then click the HTML file from within that folder. Now you’ll be taken to the browser to use those zoomed photos. You’ll figure it out pretty quick & easily once you click that HTML file.

What I did was import all the JPEGs into Lightroom, make them look a little nicer (I just quickly clicked “auto” for them all), and then re-export them back into that folder. Now they really looked impressive!

AS FOR THE SMART photo option, use this always vs. “single.” You’ll either get a Hyperlight (for low-light applications) or you’ll get an HDR. SMART vs ‘single” will net you better colors, clarity, sharpness, and dynamic range. The SMART photos are actually pretty impressive for a ½” sensor compared to the Hasselblad.
2023-3-8
Use props
maksimrtmo
lvl.2
Russia

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 3-8 13:37
OK, I’ve got this and SMART photo figured out.  

First off, High-res grid is NOT the 48mp mode and is also not a panorama (so no overlap). So stop trying to stitch these photos. And the 48 megapixel thing is a marketing gimmick anyway. It’s a quad-bayer stacked sensor, so you get no benefits.

Dear Dron-files-YOU, thanks for the message. it made me think and look again at the source files. it turned out that I was wrong, claiming that there was no overlap between the pictures. the overlap is still there, but it is very small. due to this, there is no normal stitching of photos in panorama collection programs.
2023-3-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I've been messing around with this high-res grid feature & gotta say it's incredible!

I've been pretty successful making panoramas out of them using Lightroom. Any 'tears' where the overlap wasn't good has been easily corrected using Luminar AI to clone/heal the area with great success.

It seems to be easier on the smaller grids and pretty much impossible if you stretch out the grid to fit the entire screen (42 images).

All that aside, using the high-res grid feature as-intended is pretty useful and a snap to use. You just open the folder on a computer and click the .html file.
2023-4-5
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Arnor Posted at 2-22 21:14
We use Hugin : https://hugin.sourceforge.io

I've never managed to get Hugin to work for this.
I've had similar problems with Affinity2
Nothing has worked for me as well as ICE.
I wish Microsoft would open source it.
2023-4-5
Use props
maksimrtmo
lvl.2
Russia

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 4-5 14:08
I've been messing around with this high-res grid feature & gotta say it's incredible!

I've been pretty successful making panoramas out of them using Lightroom. Any 'tears' where the overlap wasn't good has been easily corrected using Luminar AI to clone/heal the area with great success.

Dear DRONE-flies-YOU!

Thank you a lot for your reply. I was very surprised to receive  good result from the Lightroom.
about 4 programs including PTGUI failed with this procedure. But Lightroomm gives me good result.

Kind Regard
Maxim
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules