603 6 2023-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

Greetings to the powers that be!

Please make a suggestion to your software developers to make it possible to be able to open the app on it's own without having to power up the drone and controller so that we can change or adjust settings if or when needed. I watch YouTube videos on making changes to the settings and it sure would be great if I could just open the app and follow along with their instructions. It would also be handy to make camera adjustments ahead of time to adjust the exposure settings to suit a sunny or cloudy day or whatever the conditions may dictate. Please consider this for an update. It would be greatly appreciated by a lot of DJI drone pilots.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

graywoulf
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, graywoulf. We appreciate your feedback. We will forward your suggestion to our DJI Developers for attention. Please stay tuned to our DJI website for any relevant updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.
2023-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The settings are saved into the drone thus this is not possible.   
2023-2-23
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 00:24
The settings are saved into the drone thus this is not possible.

I understand that the settings are stored in the drone but could there not be a way that the DJI Fly app could store the new settings in the app and then upload them to the drone the next time the app and the drone are connected?
2023-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

graywoulf Posted at 3-2 22:57
I understand that the settings are stored in the drone but could there not be a way that the DJI Fly app could store the new settings in the app and then upload them to the drone the next time the app and the drone are connected?

Seems a bit unnecessary for setting like expose that cant actually be set ahead of time accurately and literally take seconds to adjust,  in fact when Im photographing I change exposure frequently between shots.  
2023-3-2
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 23:43
Seems a bit unnecessary for setting like expose that cant actually be set ahead of time accurately and literally take seconds to adjust,  in fact when Im photographing I change exposure frequently between shots.

I agree about what you are saying about the exposure settings but there are many more settings that could be changed or adjusted ahead of the actual flight time. Like flight curves and function button settings as well as gimbal settings for the intended flight purpose.
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

graywoulf Posted at 3-3 09:01
I agree about what you are saying about the exposure settings but there are many more settings that could be changed or adjusted ahead of the actual flight time. Like flight curves and function button settings as well as gimbal settings for the intended flight purpose.

Except that they all take seconds to do and then are remembered when I swap controllers.  
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules