Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Checking out the new Solar Farm.....

Heard a new solar farm had been built so when I was passing I thought it woud be rude to not check it out.

Taken with a lighty used Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing capture DA.    That's a really large solar farm.  I love the surrounding landscape.  
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 03:37
Amazing capture DA.    That's a really large solar farm.  I love the surrounding landscape.

Cheers DT.   Even included a tractor in that one too.
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 04:03
Cheers DT.   Even included a tractor in that one too.

You're very welcome DA.  

I did notice the yellow tractor pulling the trailer.  I'm sure the land in that area is great for farming.  
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 04:23
You're very welcome DA.  

I did notice the yellow tractor pulling the trailer.  I'm sure the land in that area is great for farming.

Most of the empty land in these parts is farmed.    I suspect the solar farm was built on his fields.
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 04:47
Most of the empty land in these parts is farmed.    I suspect the solar farm was built on his fields.

Probably makes more money by leasing the land to the solar farm than by producing farm products on it.  I had a company submit an offer to lease 1/8 acre on the side of my property to install a cellphone tower.  I told them I wasn't interested because I didn't want the tower blighting the view of my land.  They countered that they can install a tower that closely resembles a treet.  I told them I'd think about it, especially after they made such a sweet offer.
CT.jpg
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 04:55
Probably makes more money by leasing the land to the solar farm than by producing farm products on it.  I had a company submit an offer to lease 1/8 acre on the side of my property to install a cellphone tower.  I told them I wasn't interested because I didn't want the tower blighting the view of my land.  They countered that they can install a tower that closely resembles a treet.  I told them I'd think about it, especially after they made such a sweet offer.

Hahaha.  thats brilliant I think,   but not sure about the radio waves from it.   Or potential interference to the drone flights.  
2023-2-23
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great to see. Hope it gets lots of sun!
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 04:58
Hahaha.  thats brilliant I think,   but not sure about the radio waves from it.   Or potential interference to the drone flights.

You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered.  Right now I have no signal interference issues while flying anywhere on my property.  To install the tower they have to run power poles back to that location and that is more obstacles.  So since i don't need the money, no matter how sweet the deal, I think I'm going to decline again. The neighbors on both sides of me have also declined previously so I guess they are going to have to look for another area.

I can't remember if I mentioned it but a developer has posted to buy fill dirt as he needs to raise the level of the earth in the area that he intends to develop for Condominiums.  I called him and said that I wanted to increase the depth and size of my pond and that any dirt removed he could have.  He sent a guy out to survey the current pond and look at what size pond I want to extend to.  I'm trying to work a deal where he brings in his equipment and enlarges the pond at no cost to me and he gets all the dirt.  I'd like to make the pond bigger so I can stock it with bass and crappies.  The grandkids want it big enough to canoe on it.  
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 2-23 05:09
Great to see. Hope it gets lots of sun!

Snow is on the horizon again for late next week.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 05:14
You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered.  Right now I have no signal interference issues while flying anywhere on my property.  To install the tower they have to run power poles back to that location and that is more obstacles.  So since i don't need the money, no matter how sweet the deal, I think I'm going to decline again. The neighbors on both sides of me have also declined previously so I guess they are going to have to look for another area.

I can't remember if I mentioned it but a developer has posted to buy fill dirt as he needs to raise the level of the earth in the area that he intends to develop for Condominiums.  I called him and said that I wanted to increase the depth and size of my pond and that any dirt removed he could have.  He sent a guy out to survey the current pond and look at what size pond I want to extend to.  I'm trying to work a deal where he brings in his equipment and enlarges the pond at no cost to me and he gets all the dirt.  I'd like to make the pond bigger so I can stock it with bass and crappies.  The grandkids want it big enough to canoe on it.

Now thats cunning DT very very cunning.
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 05:28
Now thats cunning DT very very cunning.

Let's hope it works.  I know I have a shot because the guy that came out to survey the job said his developer needs dirt badly so he can get the development started.  He told me I had a good chance of making it happen, especially if I'm open to the work commencing immediately.  So now I'm waiting for a call back so we can put together a contract to perform work and pull the necessary permits.
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 05:38
Let's hope it works.  I know I have a shot because the guy that came out to survey the job said his developer needs dirt badly so he can get the development started.  He told me I had a good chance of making it happen, especially if I'm open to the work commencing immediately.  So now I'm waiting for a call back so we can put together a contract to perform work and pull the necessary permits.

Amazing you need a permit to dig out a pond.
2023-2-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice to see a proliferation of renewable energy collectors. Great shot.
2023-2-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

That POV really compliments the perspective with the stripes of the solar panels
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-23 15:35
That POV really compliments the perspective with the stripes of the solar panels

thanks HGDC84.  
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-23 12:25
Nice to see a proliferation of renewable energy collectors. Great shot.

Cheers Mr B.    Hopefully more and more of these will built over time.   Especially in places like this where they are out of site apart from the drone.  
2023-2-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 00:14
Cheers Mr B.    Hopefully more and more of these will built over time.   Especially in places like this where they are out of site apart from the drone.

Great use of fallow land. Or even reclaimed "brown" sites perhaps.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-24 00:26
Great use of fallow land. Or even reclaimed "brown" sites perhaps.

I must confess to liking the idea that the roof tiles are solar collectors that Musk was/is pushing.
2023-2-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 00:32
I must confess to liking the idea that the roof tiles are solar collectors that Musk was/is pushing.

Sooner we can wean ourselves off  fossil fuels the better.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-24 00:45
Sooner we can wean ourselves off  fossil fuels the better.

It would be nice if they could get the costs down too.   Although I see the fuel companies are making record profits.  
2023-2-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 00:53
It would be nice if they could get the costs down too.   Although I see the fuel companies are making record profits.

When are the government going to clip their wings by hitting them with a hefty windfall tax.
They've been blatantly ripping us off since the outbreak of the war.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-24 01:00
When are the government going to clip their wings by hitting them with a hefty windfall tax.
They've been blatantly ripping us off since the outbreak of the war.

Agreed.  
2023-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 05:48
Amazing you need a permit to dig out a pond.

You need a permit for everything around here....just more money for the county coffers.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 04:04
You need a permit for everything around here....just more money for the county coffers.

Thats where we are every different.,  

I heard that most of the US was under cold weather warning and snow was in LA.     Did it come far enough south to find you yet?
2023-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 04:21
Thats where we are every different.,  

Fortunately not.  It is currently 24C with a forecast high of 31C.  So no snow for me.  Appears lots of the lower west coast got snow as that front dipped down out of Canada.  Northeast is expecting it's usually heavy snowfall.  I think the prevailing warm winds off the Gulf of Mexico help keep Florida from getting the snow this far south.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 04:32
Fortunately not.  It is currently 24C with a forecast high of 31C.  So no snow for me.  Appears lots of the lower west coast got snow as that front dipped down out of Canada.  Northeast is expecting it's usually heavy snowfall.  I think the prevailing warm winds off the Gulf of Mexico help keep Florida from getting the snow this far south.

Sounds like you got lucky.  They were reporting that there could be snow around the Hollywood sign soon.
2023-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 04:35
Sounds like you got lucky.  They were reporting that there could be snow around the Hollywood sign soon.

I heard that.  Yesterday it was snowing in San Francisco already so not far down to Los Angeles from there.  All of the Pacific Northwest states are getting battered by heavy snowfall.  
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 04:58
I heard that.  Yesterday it was snowing in San Francisco already so not far down to Los Angeles from there.  All of the Pacific Northwest states are getting battered by heavy snowfall.

It could be the same here by the end of next week.    Looking forward to it.
2023-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 06:24
It could be the same here by the end of next week.    Looking forward to it.

Well if you are looking forward to it then I wish you good luck.  I don' mind seeing snow but I just don't want to have to shovel it ever again.  That tour in Chicago wore me out from snow removal.  
2023-2-24
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Very nice shot
2023-2-24
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 04:55
Probably makes more money by leasing the land to the solar farm than by producing farm products on it.  I had a company submit an offer to lease 1/8 acre on the side of my property to install a cellphone tower.  I told them I wasn't interested because I didn't want the tower blighting the view of my land.  They countered that they can install a tower that closely resembles a treet.  I told them I'd think about it, especially after they made such a sweet offer.

Lol. I thought that was an actual tree for a second
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 11:28
Well if you are looking forward to it then I wish you good luck.  I don' mind seeing snow but I just don't want to have to shovel it ever again.  That tour in Chicago wore me out from snow removal.

It so rare that we have it bad enough to shovel here.  but it makes a nice change to the scenery.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks PP.   
2023-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

PixelPro Posted at 2-24 12:51
Lol. I thought that was an actual tree for a second

They do a great job of camouflaging the towers in this area.
2023-2-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 23:55
It so rare that we have it bad enough to shovel here.  but it makes a nice change to the scenery.

That will be quite the change to the scenery.  

On a separate topic I have the "dirt crew" coming out starting Wednesday to deepen and enlarge my pond.  Turned out to be an even swap so I'm happy about that.  
2023-2-25
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-25 03:49
They do a great job of camouflaging the towers in this area.

Wish they would do that for power lines too...
2023-2-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

PixelPro Posted at 2-25 05:53
Wish they would do that for power lines too...

Fortunately, at least locally, they have started to put a lot of the electrical service underground.  
2023-2-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-25 03:57
That will be quite the change to the scenery.  

On a separate topic I have the "dirt crew" coming out starting Wednesday to deepen and enlarge my pond.  Turned out to be an even swap so I'm happy about that.

Thats excellent news.   

Got this alert this morning on my walk but sadly they were wrong and I only got wet.   
2023-2-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules