Things You Should Know about Buying Second-Hand Products
7969 7 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonatan.N
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170627 ft

I got into a second-hand drone and found that it couldn't be used after receiving. So I contacted DJI and was told that I need to contact the previous owner for unbinding the device from the seller’s account. I tried to reach out to the seller, but he didn’t handle with it and blocked me out!

It seems that there will always be an element of risk involved when shopping second hand. So always make sure to examine a second-hand item carefully so that you are aware of any faults, imperfections or wear and tear before you buy. Do not hesitate to contact the seller to find out more about the basic situation of the device and confirm the unbinding status of some accounts.

Buying second-hand items comes with a level of risk, however, there are ways to protect your purchase and ensure that you’re not buying a lemon.I have put together a couple of ways that will make your second hand shopping experience a lot better:

1.  Check whether the device is functioning normally.
This is one of the best recommendations I got. You should confirm with the seller that the device can be activated and used normally. The listing should provide high-quality details about the product that you are looking at, but it is still a good idea to get in touch and ask questions before making a purchase, or you can ask the seller to provide a video showing of the device.

2.  Confirm that the device is unbound from the account of the seller.
Before purchasing the second-hand drone, you’d better to confirm with the pre-owner whether the device is unbound from the account. If the account of the seller is not unbound while the device is not bound to your account, the device cannot be used normally.
Here are some tips to show you how to unbind the device from the account.

· Unbinding the drone

DJI Fly: Launch the app and enter the home screen. Tap “Profile” and "Device Management”. Then go to "Account and Device” and "Remove Device from Account” for unbinding. If there are multiple devices, choose the corresponding device and enter "Account and Device” and "Remove Device from Account” for unbinding.

· Unbinding the Remote Controller

Log in to the bound account, and connect the bound remote controller and the drone with a network connection, and tap “Unbind Device” under the “Value-added Service” interface or on the camera view.
1.png

3.  Check if DJI Care Service Plan is purchased for the device.
If the DJI Care Service Plan was purchased by the seller, such as DJI Care Refresh or DJI Care Refresh +, please check the status of the service plan for the device you want to buy:
1)         Validity period of the service plan: Check it at "https://repair.dji.com/device/Search" by entering the product’s serial number (SN);
2)         Remaining replacement times;
3)         Remaining flyaway times.

4.  Confirm whether the owner information of the service plan can be changed.
Failure to make the information of the service plan changed may result in the service plan not be used normally. Normally, the seller can contact DJI to provide relevant information and check if the information can be modified.

Buying second-hand items requires careful consideration. Think and spend times checking the device that you are thinking of buying.

I think you can also reduce the risk by checking these things before paying:

1.       Proof of Purchase
Ask the seller to provide a soft or hard copy of the original receipt. The receipt will be able to tell you one important thing: the purchase channel. As there is a chance you’re being offered a stolen device, you may find it locked after purchasing.

2.       Warranty Period
Check it at "https://repair.dji.com/device/Search" by entering the product’s serial number (SN);

3.       Water Damage
If the repair is not carried out timely after the device is water damaged, the device may be malfunctioning and has potential safety hazards;

4.       Unauthorized Modification
Unauthorized modification of a DJI device is not recommended, as it can cause unstable flight behavior that could make operating the drone unsafe. Besides, unauthorized modification will avoid the warranty, which indicates that the service fees generated during the repair will be charged by you.

Hopefully, the advice in this post will help you to shop online for second-hand drones with confidence. Always be cautious, ask a lot of questions, and avoid being scammed.

Anyway, if you’ve fallen victim to a scam, contact the admins of the website you’re using, or make a complaint with your local attorney general, and to file a police rep
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great tips,  the binding issue does catch a lot of people out.
2023-2-23
Use props
Pete Harlington
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1857 ft

United Kingdom

Thanks wish I had read it yesterday.
2023-2-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Thanks for the heads-up, good to bear these in mind if/when doing second-hand shopping.
2023-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely written.  Thanks for sharing.
2023-2-24
Use props
djiuser_plqSf6bwNUEh
New