Action 3 Webcam 2m USB cable - will it work
510 2 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, first post, hope it works.

The USB cables we get with this or any new device are ridiculously short for such usage, they are only for xferring data imho.

Will the Action 3 work as a webcam with a 1m or better 2m USB C cable ?

Use case: Make video of a non-digital slide presentation while connected to Zoom via webcam on M1 Mac.

So will it work or should I save that money and find another way ? The clincher is to send live to Zoom so stand-alone camera is a no-go (unless someone knows better).

Best

andy

2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Andy. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team and I'll get back to you once I received an update.
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Andy. Thank you for patiently waiting.  We now received feedback from our relevant team. Theoretically. having a longer cable is achievable since the webcam function has no relation with how long the connection cable is and the normal type C data transfer cable can be connected as well. The webcam on M1 Mac and Zoom software has not been tested yet but please feel free to try it. In addition, here are the computer models that have been tested to be working fine with Photo Booth (macOS system built-in software):
1) MacBook Pro 2015 System 11.3
2) MacBook Pro 2017 System 10.15.7
3) MacBook Pro 2019 System 10.15.7
4) MacBook Pro M1 2020 System 11.2.3
2023-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules