862 4 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Two Use-cases:

[*2]

1. As webcam connected to laptop/Zoom but recording a non-digital presentation taking place indoors on a screen with a present small audience
- any recommendations or suggestions ? Can the settings when used as a webcam be configured ?

Presentation screen is bright, rest of room isn’t. Best I’ve found so far for 1. On webcam is Exposure M 1/30 - no idea what do with the ISO, maybe 400 ?

2. Same scenario but camera stand-alone, - i.e. in a normal size room with a small audience - presentaiton screen is say 15 or 20 feet from the camera, choice of lights out on the audience (lights on the speaker/screen) or all room lights on.  Best settings please. This is easier as I’m not confined to webcam settings.

I'm a newbie as yet.

andy

[*2] Sorry - I may have posted this in the wrong place originally - if anyone knows how to remove it from Tutorials & Tips please tell me or do so if you are an admin or whatever.

2023-2-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

2023-2-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well practice of course the scene,  show a shot up here, maybe the contrast will be too much and you might have to adjust dow the ISO, along the ev value, lets not forget ND filters can help good luck

for those that stop by
white balance, EV, and ISO are controlled on the Action 3 good luck gopro
2023-2-25
Use props
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 2-25 04:18
well practice of course the scene,  show a shot up here, maybe the contrast will be too much and you might have to adjust dow the ISO, along the ev value, lets not forget ND filters can help good luck

for those that stop by

@Osmonauto, @Fishycomic - thank you both. The video is extremely useful - in fact I already had found it on YT - and left a comment (with different YT id).  For the one use case it will be plugged into usb as a webcam so I cant set framerate but the other case I can. Also, for the webcam case I have only one “shot” at this in the actual environment and only a few minutes in there to practice before the event. Im also planning to crop/enlarge the slide screen via OBS as a virtual camera streamed to Zoom (that part works well but enlarging the screen will make the image quality even worse).  Im practicing with settings in my kitchen which is long and dark with one (only one) bright window at the end as a simulation of the conditions with a bright screen and dark audience. Im also planning some night cycling videos but running quite a powerful bike light. Thank you. -andy
2023-2-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

andy42 Posted at 2-25 05:42
@Osmonauto, @Fishycomic - thank you both. The video is extremely useful - in fact I already had found it on YT - and left a comment (with different YT id).  For the one use case it will be plugged into usb as a webcam so I cant set framerate but the other case I can. Also, for the webcam case I have only one “shot” at this in the actual environment and only a few minutes in there to practice before the event. Im also planning to crop/enlarge the slide screen via OBS as a virtual camera streamed to Zoom (that part works well but enlarging the screen will make the image quality even worse).  Im practicing with settings in my kitchen which is long and dark with one (only one) bright window at the end as a simulation of the conditions with a bright screen and dark audience. Im also planning some night cycling videos but running quite a powerful bike light. Thank you. -andy

we get that and hope for the best.   1080P max and 30fps np settings to adjust fps on the A3
2023-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules