Can't reconnect to WiFi // Mavic 3 Classic with DJI RC
5495 10 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
genshi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8415 ft
United States

EDIT: Since I had no response here, I called DJI Support and found that I had to swipe down on the screen from the top, and then hold the bar at the top and pull that down to get to the WiFi Settings to reconnect. Couldn't find that anywhere online or in this support forum...

Tried to search for this and only found one thread, but advice there didn't work. I'm usually extremely tech savvy, but now that I got my new Mavic 3 Classic with the DJI RC all setup and firmware updated for the first battery, and first test flight, I wanted to download offline maps and also update the firmware for the other two batteries, but no matter how hard I try, it won't reconnect to my WiFi. Keeps saying "Check Network". I can't even get a list of other WiFi Networks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, genshi. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we ask what specific remote controller you are using? Is it the DJI RC Pro or the DJI RC? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-23
Use props
genshi
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-23 22:09
Hi, genshi. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we ask what specific remote controller you are using? Is it the DJI RC Pro or the DJI RC? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.

It's the DJI RC. As stated in my edited version of the post, DJI Phone Support resolved the issue by showing me how to get to the [practically hidden] screen. Strange I couldn't find this info anywhere else online...
2023-2-24
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

genshi Posted at 2-24 03:12
It's the DJI RC. As stated in my edited version of the post, DJI Phone Support resolved the issue by showing me how to get to the  screen. Strange I couldn't find this info anywhere else online...

I like to think of myself as tech savvy too.  When I set mine up,  I didn’t read the manual thoroughly enough to even connect the controller to drone.   And then for an encore, I forgot to update the drone firmware.  I updated everything but that.  Oops.  There’s a lot of info to absorb especially if you’re doing Part 107 too.  Drone settings.  Controller settings.  Camera settings.  Waypoints.  Part 107. Etc etc. And then you’ve got some quirks like RTH behavior depending on distance from home point.  Not to mention people like me switching to Davinci Resolve Studio.

The hidden page is on page 15 of your manual.  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2023-2-24
Use props
genshi
lvl.1
United States

DroneApe Posted at 2-24 11:40
I like to think of myself as tech savvy too.  When I set mine up,  I didn’t read the manual thoroughly enough to even connect the controller to drone.   And then for an encore, I forgot to update the drone firmware.  I updated everything but that.  Oops.  There’s a lot of info to absorb especially if you’re doing Part 107 too.  Drone settings.  Controller settings.  Camera settings.  Waypoints.  Part 107. Etc etc. And then you’ve got some quirks like RTH behavior depending on distance from home point.  Not to mention people like me switching to Davinci Resolve Studio.

The hidden page is on page 15 of your manual.  

Thanks! Yep, I must have glanced over that page when I quickly skimmed through the manual... I assumed there wouldn't be much difference in flying this drone from my Phantom 4, but the DJI RC is different than the iPhone DJI Go app, and it's been a long while since I've actually flown my Phantom 4.

On another note; I too have been trying to make the switch from FCPX to DaVinci Resolve.
2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

genshi Posted at 2-24 03:12
It's the DJI RC. As stated in my edited version of the post, DJI Phone Support resolved the issue by showing me how to get to the  screen. Strange I couldn't find this info anywhere else online...

Thanks for the confirmation. We're glad that your concern was resolved with the help of the DJI Support team. And yes, the older apps and remote controllers have significant differences. Please let us know if you have other inquiries or concerns. We'd be happy to answer them for you. Have a nice day.
2023-2-26
Use props
ArcAngell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474810 ft
United States

"On another note; I too have been trying to make the switch from FCPX to DaVinci Resolve."

As far as that last part, hows that going?  Ive opened up Di'Vinci a few times and it look very well thought out but my Adobe Addition takes over each time.
2023-3-22
Use props
genshi
lvl.1
United States

ArcAngell Posted at 3-22 10:39
As far as that last part, hows that going?  Ive opened up Di'Vinci a few times and it look very well thought out but my Adobe Addition takes over each time.

I'm sure it will go fine, once I get off of FCPX, but I've been lazy and have just been using FCPX still... On another note, today on my birthday, I took my FAA Exam and passed! So I am now officially an FAA Certified Commercial Drone Pilot!
2023-3-22
Use props
ArcAngell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474810 ft
United States

genshi Posted at 3-22 13:37
I'm sure it will go fine, once I get off of FCPX, but I've been lazy and have just been using FCPX still... On another note, today on my birthday, I took my FAA Exam and passed! So I am now officially an FAA Certified Commercial Drone Pilot!

CONGRATULATIONS ON BOTH MILESTONES!!!!

Thats my goal in 7 days or less!
2023-3-22
Use props
Wide Angle Productions
New

United States

thank you for this! I've been dealing with the same thing but couldn't figure it out
2023-4-27
Use props
djiuser_GZQiAWRu6wn1
New
Flight distance : 289 ft
United States

I had the same issue, thanks for posting your resolution
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules