12Next >
7350 62 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5574 ft
United States

I Love the mini 3 Pro. (I wish they Had a enterprise version) I have over 200 Flights With It .  But last Sunday Flying over a lake I had My Drone drop Out of the Sky For aparently no reason.  5 minutes into the Flight After justt running A mastershots, with no warnings,  %100 Battery {87% when It Fell) , Clear Day , 2 MPH wind, Doing a strait bull back, And about 100 meters away the screen just froze and it dropped strait into the Lake.  there is no way to recover the drone. I submited The Log to DJI. But Its not really a repair If I dont have the drone?..  But Has anyone run Into this?..   I had such Confidence In this Drone And this really freaked me out. Im not Sure If This Is a thing?
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

2023-2-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you share that flight please?
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-23 14:00
Can you share that flight please?

Im new on The forum thing here And Only Signed up for Airdata today.... how should I share it?
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

The one thing I did Notice was the date and Time were off too. Not sure if that matters
2023-2-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Evil Dr Ken Posted at 2-23 14:05
Im new on The forum thing here And Only Signed up for Airdata today.... how should I share it?

On airdata, there is a share flight option, copy the link and paste it here

Or you can go to the address below and follow the instructions and then paste the new link here
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-23 14:17

Or you can go to the address below and follow the instructions and then paste the new link here
ANy Ideas what happend?
https://app.airdata.com/share/bdeyES
2023-2-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Evil Dr Ken Posted at 2-23 14:21
ANy Ideas what happend?

Nothing stands out, sorry, you will need to follow my previous post so that other members can read the flight log to get a better understanding.
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-23 14:39
Nothing stands out, sorry, you will need to follow my previous post so that other members can read the flight log to get a better understanding.

DID my link Not work?
2023-2-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Evil Dr Ken Posted at 2-23 14:48
DID my link Not work?

It worked fine thanks, nothing stands out though, the flightlog shows a lot more details and may reveal something that airdata doesn't show...
2023-2-23
Use props
Drey. I
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s kinda sus to be honest
2023-2-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awful close to the nude beach to the south of you there.
2023-2-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

That log file will be interesting because it does not look like you did anything wrong.  
2023-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Evil Dr Ken Posted at 2-23 14:48
DID my link Not work?

It works just fine and has all the information that any drone data analyst needs.
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-23 16:10
That log file will be interesting because it does not look like you did anything wrong.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6IPNITSLGCEQHJCC2814/
2023-2-23
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

I'll throw some questions at you.  

1.  Why were you using firmware from June of 2022?
2.  You say you weren't flying at night, but the log says you were.  Can you post an iphone/android photo of Bonsai rock at the current lake level.
The photo below shows it from 2021.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bonsai+Rock/

4.  The manual says it's risky to fly over water, so why fly over a clear reflective lake (Tahoe) at such a low altitude?

5.  Is 8 satellites the best you could get before takeoff?

6.  Why is there a date and time  discrepancy?

7.  Do you have the screen recording from controller?

8.  How many big rocks were sticking out of the water at current lake level---drought?

9.  Do you think you hit a rock or the water?  Or both?

10.  Could you have smacked a rock and knocked the battery out?
11. If the log is wrong, what was the date and time of your flight?  And why is the log wrong?

I'm not necessarily saying it was your fault, but some things don't add up.  

2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this accident. If it's unable to retrieve the drone, we recommend that you submit a flyaway case instead a repair case, you can also contact our support team to help you start a case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

DroneApe Posted at 2-23 17:16

1.  Why were using firmware from June of 2022?

Ugh

1. I didnt Update it .
2 Ive literaly never looked at my logs until after the crash... And I WISH I was recording on my RC controler
3.... here is a photo I  took right after losing the drone.... I dont save my google map driving logs thats creapy.... But itfo you really want to see more photos I have a whole bunch along the drive there from My brother in laws phone. pictures of us at the national automotive museum at from 330-5pm... pictures of us getting dinner dinner at 7pm And Im sure I can get  a recipet from the hotel we checked into after dinner.... that I booked on my phone that night.....I have photos the whole privious day from a compotition my daughter was in in fernley....I could go on .. Or you could tell me where to look and I could check why the RC controllers date is off..... I could allso upload a tone more logs that I assum have the same  date offset.... with the footage that didnt sing to the bottom of a lake....
4 Are you serious???? you must have read the manual ... What page was that?????.. I fly  very consevativly. all the drones I use are my bosses...And I will probabaly Have to pay for it. The whole thing was just depressing.

5The location was pretty much snow and rocks and a big slope I did a hand launch Braught it up to Just over head hight  till it  updated .. My home point updated 19 seconds into the flogh... Going 0 MPh with 18 Satalites... I had around thrity Satalites most Of the Flight..

6Again .... I problabaly Didnt set the date on the RC controler.... And Im not around  wifi when I fly usualy.... I dont know Why It doesnt auto update.... Im asuming The mavic 2 pro I use Updates the date from My phone.... But I Love The RC comntroler Becase Its Just easier to use..... Not big on the fact that you cant run Apps ect with No SDK.
7Sadly No.... No screen recording..... Wish I did I had some beutiful footage in virgina city that morning
8 There were no Big rocks in the water where I was..... you can see in the satalite .... or my photo....
9 DID you  actually look at the log at all.... Its new to me But I could eisily see the data .
9No No ........ Well I did hit the water after the screen froze and It dropped... Duh
10 The Log Is What it is..... Im asuming there has to be some thing that needed to be updated in the Rc controler..... Do you think haveing the wrong Date -time caused the crash???.... That would be a bad bug.
2023-2-23
Use props
Evil Dr Ken
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-23 17:59
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this accident. If it's unable to retrieve the drone, we recommend that you submit a flyaway case instead a repair case, you can also contact our support team to help you start a case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you.... I wasn't sure what to submit it in.    Didnt know what A fly away was
2023-2-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I had to look at the log in FRAP and got more confused than I normally do.  I hope @JJB takes a look at this log.  
2023-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DroneApe Posted at 2-23 17:16

The incident had nothing at all to do with firmware, so why ask?
If that firmware worked back then, it will now.

2.  You say you weren't flying at night, but the log says you were.  Can you post an iphone/android photo of Bonsai rock at the current lake level.
The photo below shows it from 2021.
Relevance ??

4.  The manual says it's risky to fly over water, so why fly over a clear reflective lake (Tahoe) at such a low altitude?
It's no more risky to fly over water than it is to fly over land.
What's the relevance of this point?

5.  Is 8 satellites the best you could get before takeoff?
How is this related to the incident?

6.  Why is there a date and time  discrepancy?
What discrepancy?
Why do you ask?

7.  Do you have the screen recording from controller?
He's presented full recorded flighty data, why ask for a screen recording?

8.  How many big rocks were sticking out of the water at current lake level---drought?
What does this have to do with anything?

9.  Do you think you hit a rock or the water?  Or both?
Sounds like you do.
Why not explain your guess.

10.  Could you have smacked a rock and knocked the battery out?
No, he couldn't have.
You'd know that if you looked at the recorded flight data.

11. If the log is wrong, what was the date and time of your flight?  And why is the log wrong?
You asked this before and it wasn't relevant to anything then.
It still isn't.

I'm not necessarily saying it was your fault, but some things don't add up.
What doesn't add up is why you ask so many completely irrelevant questions.
Why come on like the Spanish Inquisition when you haven't looked at the flight data and just made some guesses?

2023-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Evil Dr Ken Posted at 2-23 14:21
ANy Ideas what happend?

Your flight data shows the drone in stable flight, with plenty of battery and the data just stops.
The drone was holding altitude properly and there were no obstacles to collide with.
If there had been a collision, that would show in the flight data, but there's no hint there.
This incident is one of those frustrating fell-from-the-sky ones.
There's data and then there isn't and no indication of anything that would cause the problem.

The most likely cause is a sudden power loss, either caused by a rare hardware failure or the battery becoming dislodged..
2023-2-23
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-23 20:36
The incident had nothing at all to do with firmware, so why ask?
If that firmware worked back then, it will now.

Hello,

Here in the USA, we have something called a Google search.  Hopefully you'll get Google soon in Australia.  

There were tons of reports of freezing malfunction with the old firmware he was using....just as he described in his original post.  Use google next time instead of asking me questions.  

There's a severe drought in California.  And subsequent winter storms altering the lake levels.   Use google next time instead of asking me questions.

All of my questions were potentially relevant.  I could keep going to explain each of them to you, but all you need to do is either use google or read the manual.  I'm not going to do that for you.  

I've helped you out a little bit here but I'm not going to dumb it down any further for you.

2023-2-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-23 20:45
Your flight data shows the drone in stable flight, with plenty of battery and the data just stops.
The drone was holding altitude properly and there were no obstacles to collide with.
If there had been a collision, that would show in the flight data, but there's no hint there.

And it never had any signal issues either.  I really do not see what could have happened other than a power issue so that makes sense.  I suspect the posts author should be getting some kind of replacement from DJI.  
2023-2-23
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 2-23 21:38
And it never had any signal issues either.  I really do not see what could have happened other than a power issue so that makes sense.  I suspect the posts author should be getting some kind of replacement from DJI.

I think so too...     
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Evil Dr Ken Posted at 2-23 19:01
Thank you.... I wasn't sure what to submit it in.    Didnt know what A fly away was

You can contact our support team through this link and our team will help you further. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DroneApe Posted at 2-23 21:36
Hello,

Here in the USA, we have something called a Google search.  Hopefully you'll get Google soon in Australia.  

All of my questions were potentially relevant.
In what universe?

I could keep going to explain each of them to you, but all you need to do is either use google or read the manual.
No ... you're incapable of explaing in anything.

I've helped you out a little bit here but I'm not going to dumb it down any further for you.
Your initial post is so dumbed down, that it's meaningless.
You didn't read the flight data, you made some incorrect guesses and threw a bunch of them against the wall to see if anything might stick.
You haven't helped me and you've just confused the OP and wasted his time.

2023-2-23
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ambient temperature 0,5 degs C, flying over a lake, most probably perfect conditions for a) icing propeller blades and b) sudden power loss because of cold battery?
Temperature und humidity would be a clear NoGo for me considering flight conditions. Would not take the risk.
2023-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SeehawerB Posted at 2-23 23:24
Ambient temperature 0,5 degs C, flying over a lake, most probably perfect conditions for a) icing propeller blades and b) sudden power loss because of cold battery?
Temperature und humidity would be a clear NoGo for me considering flight conditions. Would not take the risk.

Both of those would have left unmistakable evidence in the flight data.
But there is none.
2023-2-23
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If flight controller voltage drops down critically because of a power surge this might happen fast enough to not have valid data transmitted to the controller. Drone was very low when happening. Undervoltage because of spontaneous high power will instantly pull the plug for logic power, conscience of the drone goes black instantly.

I would not rule out any possibilties, we all may not know enough, with or without logs. It's a fact that flying under such ambient conditions is highly risky.

At least power droop may be a possible issue here.
2023-2-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

SeehawerB Posted at 2-23 23:50
If flight controller voltage drops down critically because of a power surge this might happen fast enough to not have valid data transmitted to the controller. Drone was very low when happening. Undervoltage because of spontaneous high power will instantly pull the plug for logic power, conscience of the drone goes black instantly.

I would not rule out any possibilties, we all may not know enough, with or without logs. It's a fact that flying under such ambient conditions is highly risky.

In principle, there are still some messages announcing that something is going wrong.

minibatt.JPG

The only time I've seen a drone give a flat signal suddenly, is when a bird tried to grab it. The battery was instantly ejected.

But you're right, we can't rule out any possibility.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you sure the battery was clipped in well?  No broken clips on the battery?    The log stops so suddenly it reminds me of a battery disconnect.  
2023-2-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 00:47
Are you sure the battery was clipped in well?  No broken clips on the battery?    The log stops so suddenly it reminds me of a battery disconnect.

I also favor this explanation.
2023-2-24
Use props
cycloholic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1514948 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Bashy Posted at 2-23 14:17

Can you help me find this button, cant really see it!
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cycloholic Posted at 2-24 00:53
Can you help me find this button, cant really see it!

You want this button -

2023-2-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SeehawerB Posted at 2-23 23:50

I would not rule out any possibilties, we all may not know enough, with or without logs.
There's no point ignoring the recorded flight data and making guesses for which there is no supporting evidence.
How about little green men from a faraway galaxy stole the drone?
2023-2-24
Use props
cycloholic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Oh i thought you mean directly from the dji fly!
2023-2-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your log too.

Last records your Mini3Pro was flying backward with 100% stick aft,
speed increasing from zero to 10.3 m/s

Baro height indication height of 3 meter, last to record 2.9 meter.
VPS height not measuring, normal flying fast over water with drone pitch up off 23 degrees UP.

As the log stops, not possible to know why it got wet.

But loosing connection means that a drone will rapidly stop the motion by forcely braking.
Doing this is it is 'normal' to loose some height.

IMO ; Flying low + loosing height = wet.

Batt temp at start : 20 degrees C, end of flight 25, so drone internal temp not too cold, batt cell values all normal.
5x warning "High altitude. Fly with caution" in the log, this when flying at low altitude.  uh?

cheers
JJB  [ Chart by FRAP ; the 'best' software for flightlog analysis ]
analysis2.png
2023-2-24
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 2-23 23:24

Any such issues would have been extremely clear in the log.

(and no, 0c near a like are not perfect icing conditions at all anyway).

Temperature is well within limits, humidity and everything else well within limits and the logs also show no issues at all backing that up.
2023-2-24
Use props
cycloholic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

How can you see humidity?
2023-2-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced