Traveling With a Tello
1563 2 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rogue1Tello
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone, I will be traveling to Washington State soon and I would like to take my Tello with me. However I've been reading about traveling with a drone and the laws in that state wich I don't comprehend very well.

Can some one guide me through this if you have fly with a drone of have experience flying in Washington state? Like airport procedure and things like that, my drone is registered with the FAA and I also have my TRUST test so for recreational purposes is all good as far as my concerned is.

Thanks in advance

2023-2-23
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Can't fly in state parks without a permit which has to be applied for 60 days in advance - and I'm told they're usually denied. Some of the more populous cities have city park restrictions. But for the most part, just follow FAA guidelines. Out here on the coast, there's lots of Class G airspace although a Tello is pretty limited in terms of distance and altitude anyway. Given how windy it often is,well...just be careful.
2023-2-23
Use props
Rogue1Tello
lvl.1

United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 2-23 20:09
Can't fly in state parks without a permit which has to be applied for 60 days in advance - and I'm told they're usually denied. Some of the more populous cities have city park restrictions. But for the most part, just follow FAA guidelines. Out here on the coast, there's lots of Class G (surface) airspace although a Tello is pretty limited in terms of distance and altitude anyway. Given how windy it often is,well...just be careful.

Thank you so much for this information that clarifies a little more what I've read online. Yes the Tello is very low key when it comes to flying in a open space.

Now is all good with the FAA Registration and the TRUST Certification or do I need anything else?

2023-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules