Windows 11 RC controller Dji Assistant problem
4053 7 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DreamCatch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1057572 ft
Poland

I'm having trouble connecting my DJI RC controller in Windows. Dji Assistant 2 does not detect at all. In windows, two drives from the controller appeared - SD card and internal.
Do i need to install additional drivers?
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, DreamCatch. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we ask what specific DJI drone you are using the DJI RC with? If it's the DJI Mini 3 Pro, kindly install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software from this link. Here are the steps you may perform after:
1. Uninstall the current software, and reinstall it from the link provided.
2. Reset DJI RC on the “Reset options” page. Before doing this, we recommend you connect DJI RC to a network and synchronize flight records to avoid loss.
3. If it still fails, please use another computer and try again.
Please keep us posted. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-24
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276302 ft
France

Same problem here.

On a plain vanilla Windows 10 PC (Thinkpad), when I connect the controller, a message pops up briefly on the controller screen saying "System UI - Remote controller already connected to computer via USB cable. U.." (you cannot read the rest of the message).

On a Windows 11 running in a Parallels VM on a Macbook, I get the same message, BUT it opens a drive with two folders in it. Same as OP has.

Interestingly, on the same Macbook, it connects perfectly using the native MacOS version of DJI Assistant. I suspect this is an issue in the Windows version? Is there a link to a previous version to check?

Mini 3 Pro with latest firmware (01.00.0450), DJI RC Controler with FW 01.0.0400, app version 1.9.4. DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) V2.1.16.
2023-2-24
Use props
DreamCatch
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-24 00:50
Hi, DreamCatch. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we ask what specific DJI drone you are using the DJI RC with? If it's the DJI Mini 3 Pro, kindly install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software from this link. Here are the steps you may perform after:
1. Uninstall the current software, and reinstall it from the link provided.
2. Reset DJI RC on the “Reset options” page. Before doing this, we recommend you connect DJI RC to a network and synchronize flight records to avoid loss.

Thank you very much for your message and help.Yes, the Mini 3 Pro is paired to the controller. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
I tested it on another Windows 10 computer and it works fine there.
2023-2-24
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276302 ft
Belgium

UPDATE:

I installed it on a Windows 10 VM on an iMac (using Parallels v18) , and there is worked. So the problem could be related to Windows 11.
A possible reason why it did not work on the Thinkpad with Windows 10 is that I am not admin of that machine.
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DreamCatch Posted at 2-24 23:22
Thank you very much for your message and help.Yes, the Mini 3 Pro is paired to the controller. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
I tested it on another Windows 10 computer and it works fine there.

We understand. Thanks for the update, and we're pleased to know the issue has been resolved. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-26
Use props
DreamCatch
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-26 23:44
We understand. Thanks for the update, and we're pleased to know the issue has been resolved. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

well, it still doesn't work on windows 11
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DreamCatch Posted at 3-2 02:06
well, it still doesn't work on windows 11

We understand. We'll forward this to our designated team for attention. We'll keep you posted.
2023-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules