Battery error. 2 centre LEDs on and battery not charging - Solved.
519 8 2023-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moontan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504541 ft
India

Thanks to the poster of this simple fix for a problem that has plagued all models of DJI drones and their respective batteries. I found it strange that with the problem having been around for a few years now, this was the only one that visually showed the steps and resultant fix. Sorted my battery out at the first attempt.

2023-2-24
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

"Update the firmware of the battery"...? I don't think this works this way, as someone with multiple batteries does not have to, nor is able to, update the firmware three times... So if there is firmware in the battery, then it is the drone itself that checks and updates this as soon as the battery is connected
2023-2-24
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
India

Frank071 Posted at 2-24 06:34
"Update the firmware of the battery"...? I don't think this works this way, as someone with multiple batteries does not have to, nor is able to, update the firmware three times... So if there is firmware in the battery, then it is the drone itself that checks and updates this as soon as the battery is connected

Well, I had one of my 47 min batteries light up with just the two centre LEDs on, while the other two charged normally on the hub. The bricked one refused to charge. The LEDs would do a slow dance sometimes, but it never charged. Google pointed to me many wierd ways to fix this and reset the battery, none of which looked that straight forward or reliable.

This one did and it worked. Yes, batteries also have firmware that needs updating whenever there is a firmware update. You'd have to update them in turn after updating your drone and the battery in it. Remove the updated battery and go manually check for a firmware update with non updated battery. You'll find that there will be an update pending.
2023-2-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For clarity, is the youtube saying connect the drone to the computer BEFORE switching the drone on?
2023-2-24
Use props
fansa78b5913
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

Does the update of the battery in this case also work if an attempt to update the battery through the RC controller? Thanks
2023-2-24
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
India

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-24 10:52
For clarity, is the youtube saying connect the drone to the computer BEFORE switching the drone on?

It did and that's what I did too.
2023-2-24
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
India

fansa78b5913 Posted at 2-24 11:46
Does the update of the battery in this case also work if an attempt to update the battery through the RC controller? Thanks

Not if it's bricked and has those two centre LEDs constantly on. You need DJI Assistant 2 and follow the procedure shown, which I did and which worked. Otherwise, I've always updated battery firmware when updates are released through the smart RC Controller. You need to update all batteries manually as the update prompt does not show, most times, when you insert a non updated battery.
2023-2-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

moontan Posted at 2-24 12:28
It did and that's what I did too.

That's somewhat strange because, with the Mavic Mini and Mini 2, connecting the drone to the computer BEFORE the drone is switch on starts the battery charging and the drone CAN NOT be switched on whilst it is being charged.
2023-2-24
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
India

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-24 14:01
That's somewhat strange because, with the Mavic Mini and Mini 2, connecting the drone to the computer BEFORE the drone is switch on starts the battery charging and the drone CAN NOT be switched on whilst it is being charged.

Well, the battery here is bricked. When you connect the drone with the bricked battery to the computer, the two centre LEDs light up and stay on. You can turn the drone on then, it boots up and is recognised in Assistant 2. Follow instructions in Assistant 2 and you now have an unbricked battery that starts charging immediately as the drone switches off after the update.
2023-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules